Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - ed. Signs for Birmingham p24

Comments

• He's got some stepping up to do considering he did all his work in League Two last season but I'm sure Bowyer and Taylor can get the best out of him. We will have to be patient with him (Russell style) though as the Championship will be a hell of a challenge to come into
  • This has got my juices flowing, Has Bowyer found his Hales (Taylor) and Flannagen (Aneke)?
    If he has, I just hope it doesn't end up the same way!!  Football, not boxing please!
  • Macronate said:
    Arsène Wenger once described his style of play as similar to that of Yaya Touré.

Not a bad comparison.
    I was going to say i remember him being a midfielder when he played against us but lots on here saying striker, is he versatile or is he Aribo replacement and we still need two strikers?
  • I very rarely remember opposition players, Noone, Marshall a few years ago had great games against us but so did this lad I remember thinking he was going places in his career, not sure why it has not happened before.
    Injuries.
  • Macronate said:
    Arsène Wenger once described his style of play as similar to that of Yaya Touré.

Not a bad comparison.
    I was going to say i remember him being a midfielder when he played against us but lots on here saying striker, is he versatile or is he Aribo replacement and we still need two strikers?
    Wiki has him down as a forward so I'd say he's one of these who could probably play in two positions if need be

Again its like Bielik last season where we're buying players who have the versatility to play elsewhere too
  • edited June 2019
    Macronate said:

Not a bad comparison.
    He's a no 10 really so plays between/off the striker and midfield or could play either.
  • Great signing...look forward to seeing him and Taylor.

in Bowyer we trust 
  • If he can stay fit that's a good bit of business.

Like most of our squad has to make the step up to the Championship but a goal scorer and someone who passed the CL height test.

Welcome and good luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer wanted to sign him in January didn't he? I trust Bowyer's judgement. 
    I think it was Robinson who tried to sign him the season before.
  • Bowyer is DEFINITELY wearing someone else’s PJ’s in that pic...
  • Pleasantly surprised. 

Can we call him Chuka Demus?
  • Really pleased 
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Pleasantly surprised. 

Can we call him Chuka Demus?
    Tease me tease me 
  • It’ll be a case of ‘Chuks Away’ when he flies out to Spain this weekend 
  • Roland please sell up, desperate to buy a season ticket. 
    Well just buy one Large, with the best will in the world, your £400 will make eff all difference and if anyone criticises you so what. Do what is right for you.

If you want to be at The Valley do so and if you don't then don't.
    If only it was that easy
  • Sponsored links:

• The second piece of decent transfer business late this afternoon with a player who has an international, albeit England youth, pedigree. Welcome Chuks and well done the management team for getting this lad on board, top work.
  • Happy with this. Good couple of signings today. Let’s hope the recruitment continues in this vain 
  • I see that not celebrating is the new goal celebration.
  • Shocked shocked at that one. 
    Same here. Literally said "OH WOW" when I saw the Insta story.

Can play in midfield, as a 10, and I believe had played as an out and out striker. Lots of talent. The issue has been injuries. But someone I've liked for a long time and been impressed with whenever he's come up against us. Potentially a really, really good signing. 
  • Izzzy Mcleod scored bags of goals for MK dons in league 2 #justsaying
    Just buy one Large, if its any consolation you'll be costing Roland a grand!
  • edited June 2019
    He just looks absolutely unreal. I don't care if those clips are in league 2. He's a giant and I can see why Wenger said he is like Toure, very similar drive/dribbling style 

https://youtu.be/_xW1zhLD8bY

It looks like his main issue is his workrate/fitness. Didn't Bowyer work wonders with Lyle in this department? Hopefully Bowyer can work his magic again 
    You do know that costs the club a £1000?