Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - ed. Signs for Birmingham p24

Comments

• Looks a bit like Jason Euell in that showreel. Powerful, a little bit slow but technically sound. 
    Ill take that 
  • Why are some people thinking that Taylor’s leaving?

I haven’t seen or read anything to suggest that!
    They are glass half empties.

Wind-up merchants. They can't help themselves. Anything for a little snigger and besides, it takes some enjoyment away from the good news.

You know who owns us, right?

Fake news.
  • edited June 2019
    Major said:
    Why are some people thinking that Taylor’s leaving?

Wind-up merchants. They can't help themselves. Anything for a little snigger and besides, it takes some enjoyment away from the good news.
    Absolute garbage, if you can’t see what Duchalet has been doing for the last 5 years, then all I can say is you’ve must have spent it in a parallel universe, this bloke doesn’t give a toss what we think, and I really wouldn’t be surprised if Lyle went, but I really hope he doesn’t, it would be Kermorgant all over again.

Chuks Aneke is potentially, a fantastic signing for us, you always get the feeling however, that Roland is going to pull the rug under your feet.

He’s let Bauer and Aribo go for peanuts, when we should have been getting millions.
  • Can't be as bad as McLeod - useless signing.

Agreed. For a start, Aneke hasn't cost £1.5m.
  • edited June 2019
    Major said:

One of these responses is a reasoned argument.  I'll leave you to make up your own minds as to which one you think I refer.
  • Sponsored links:

• There are quite literally no negatives to this signing, if Millwall had signed him we would be asking why we didn't go for him and predicting how much trouble he will cause us. 
  • There are quite literally no negatives to this signing, if Millwall had signed him we would be asking why we didn't go for him and predicting how much trouble he will cause us. 
    Be interesting to know how much sway Bowyer would have in that type of situation. I. E. Charlton offer less money than Millwall, but they can offer the opportunity to play for a manager who made it right to the top of the professional game. I guess most players go for the money, but if the salary is not much more then maybe it counts for something. 
  • Getting more and more optimistic for coming season. Great signing and looks like more to come.
  • Major said:

One of these responses is a reasoned argument.  I'll leave you to make up your own minds as to which one you think I refer.
    I get that but surely even Douchebag wouldn’t do that, on second thoughts your right he would, b’stard.

Fingers 🤞he doesn’t.
  • edited June 2019
    Like the look of him, strong and mobile but comfortable on the ball.

Will be interesting to see how Bowyer uses him. Might settle into a position or have to cover various roles. Alongside Taylor if we want a more physical attack, an alternative to him if Taylor’s unavailable or behind the front two if a smaller player (Oztumer/Williams/or another?) isn’t working.

Here’s the obligatory YouTube video:

https://youtu.be/_xW1zhLD8bY

Fake news.
    The only way Taylor leaves before the end of next season is if an offer he can't turn down comes in in January and he demands a move.  I mean a club with the chance of promotion to the prem.   I can't see it happening though.

Also selling Taylor doesn't fit the RD MO.  More likely just to let his contract run down.  
  • Bowyer wanted to sign him in January didn't he? I trust Bowyer's judgement. 
    I think it was Robinson who tried to sign him the season before.
    And, of course ...... signed him when he was manager at MKD.

• CH4RLTON said:
    Izzzy Mcleod scored bags of goals for MK dons in league 2 #justsaying
    Sure.

But in all his career, Aneke has played only 1 single season in League 2.

As a young Arsenal player, he was loaned out to 3 different League One clubs, scoring 21 goals in total.

After being released by Arsenal, he was signed by Zulte Waregem,  Jupiler Pro League (top league in Belgium) where he made 41 appearances, scoring 4 goals.

After serious injury in Belgium, Karl Robinson brought him to MKD where he spent 2 years in League One.
    After MKD's relegation, he played in League 2 just the one season.

• MK Dons seem to think a lot of him. They also expect him to be a success in teh Championship. Very positive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t wait to see him in the preseason matches, just out of interest, not that it matters how tall is he?
  • Can’t wait to see him in the preseason matches, just out of interest, not that it matters how tall is he?
    Supposedly, 6'3"
  • Scoham said:
    Like the look of him, strong and mobile but comfortable on the ball.

Will be interesting to see how Bowyer uses him. Might settle into a position or have to cover various roles. Alongside Taylor if we want a more physical attack, an alternative to him if Taylor’s unavailable or behind the front two if a smaller player (Oztumer/Williams/or another?) isn’t working.

Here’s the obligatory YouTube video:

https://youtu.be/_xW1zhLD8bY
    Quality goalkeeping around the 5.10 min mark. Sign him up! 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Bowyer wanted to sign him in January didn't he? I trust Bowyer's judgement. 

Robinson and Slade .. both could recognise talent and ability in a player .. problem was their inability to utilise  those talents and abilities when it came to playing proper football
  • Bowyer and Gallen have done great business already. It's a very thorough process for sure!
    Be interesting to know how much sway Bowyer would have in that type of situation. I. E. Charlton offer less money than Millwall, but they can offer the opportunity to play for a manager who made it right to the top of the professional game. I guess most players go for the money, but if the salary is not much more then maybe it counts for something. 
    As much as I’m negative of the modern English game and its power of cash and agents, I like to think that the personality of the manager does still sway some up and coming players. 

I imagine that young strikers in lower leagues last season watched the progression of Taylor through the year and would no doubt have noticed much of this was linked to the Charlton managerial team. If I was that young striker I’d want to be a part of that team this season. 
  • edited June 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    Bowyer wanted to sign him in January didn't he? I trust Bowyer's judgement. 

Robinson and Slade .. both could recognise talent and ability in a player .. problem was their inability to utilise  those talents and abilities when it came to playing proper football
    If you have read "The nowhere men" you would disagree about Slade.

Robinson was so unflexible he would play 4-2-3-1 if he had Harry Kane and Kun Arguro in his team and no wide players.

I think that weakness from Robinson isn't necessarily from not playing the game but from not working as many diffrent msnagers as Bowyer obviously has. 
  • Taylor won’t be going anywhere, I’m excited by the prospect of him and Chuks up top - doubt they’ll be many fancying facing those 2