Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - ed. Signs for Birmingham p24

Comments

• Was just about to post that myself.

This was interesting:

Read a stat the other day - he was joint 5th (along with Bradley Dack) in terms of creating chances in the top four English tiers, only behind Mo Salah and a handful of Championship players. Just shows how much he was involved last season.
  • Love the dry humour of their Forum name

Bet Wimbledon fans wouldnt agree with the post saying that we've two ex-Dons Strikers though
  • Tyler Walker would be a player I would be intrested in 
  • Scoham said:
    Was just about to post that myself.

This was interesting:

Read a stat the other day - he was joint 5th (along with Bradley Dack) in terms of creating chances in the top four English tiers, only behind Mo Salah and a handful of Championship players. Just shows how much he was involved last season.
    It does suggest that he's more a creative Number 10 than an out and out striker

We already have a striker (Lyle) who likes to go into wide positions, so we will need someone to stay in the box
  • Bowyer is a manager who looks at what will improve us and finds it. Curbs did the same. Some are better at it than others.  Lots of bang average managers out there. Bowyers looks for hungry players that have the attributes - that is the pond we are fishing in and the trick is to have a great fisherman. We all know Bowyer is a great fisherman literally but also metaphorically.
    Can we keep the fish references to the takeover thread please. 
  • Talal said:
    Bowyer is a manager who looks at what will improve us and finds it. Curbs did the same. Some are better at it than others.  Lots of bang average managers out there. Bowyers looks for hungry players that have the attributes - that is the pond we are fishing in and the trick is to have a great fisherman. We all know Bowyer is a great fisherman literally but also metaphorically.
    What are you carping on about?
  • Talal said:
    Bowyer is a manager who looks at what will improve us and finds it. Curbs did the same. Some are better at it than others.  Lots of bang average managers out there. Bowyers looks for hungry players that have the attributes - that is the pond we are fishing in and the trick is to have a great fisherman. We all know Bowyer is a great fisherman literally but also metaphorically.
    Sorry we're just having a whale of a time what with these two signings
  • Talal said:
    He's just casting his net a bit wider mate.  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Taylor won’t be going anywhere, I’m excited by the prospect of him and Chuks up top - doubt they’ll be many fancying facing those 2 
    I bet Taylor can't wait to play at Championship level for the first time and is hungry to prove himself.
  • Has this been posted yet? Think it has a few extras on the other one I posted. He just brushes people away doesn't even need to be quick 

https://youtu.be/q1lmSbKqdZA
  • Scoham said:

Davo55 said:
    Good signing. With Lyle, Chuks and Macca vying for the striker positions, will Lee allocate scant financial resources to another striker? Or use what little money he has to play with to other areas of the team? I guess the sweetest deal would be to take young Nketiah on loan from Arsenal with them picking up all, or nearly all, of his wages.
    Wallop! Text book Thunderbastard.  
  • Has this been posted yet? Think it has a few extras on the other one I posted. He just brushes people away doesn't even need to be quick 

Certainly seems to know when to pass and when to strike the ball, which for me is a huge asset for a forward to have. 
  • Has a bit of Pogba about him. Think he may find LBs pre-season a bit of a struggle, but what player will emerge out the other side?

Is Taylor gonna argue with Chuks for Penalty taking lol
  • uie2 said:
    Has this been posted yet? Think it has a few extras on the other one I posted. He just brushes people away doesn't even need to be quick 

I'm pretty sure that Bows will sort that out pretty quickly.

On the lines of "Lyle's the man..."
  • uie2 said:
    Has this been posted yet? Think it has a few extras on the other one I posted. He just brushes people away doesn't even need to be quick 

I actually don't think Lyle is that good a penalty taker, though he did seem to improve towards the end of the season.
    His slow walk up before striking the ball certainly doesn't  do my nerves any good.
  • Sponsored links:

• uie2 said:

I actually don't think Lyle is that good a penalty taker, though he did seem to improve towards the end of the season.
    I watched a video of all his goals the other day, his pens were so good I couldn't believe he missed some as well! 
  • Lyles pen technique has changed he appears more Yoni Buyens now with the slow approach /am I /aren’t I / where you committing to keeper/ bang goal approach 
  • Didn't wash your hands? Filthy beggar.
  • uie2 said:
    Don't forget, even though maybe he's not expected to start yet for us, Bonne was the penalty taker at Leyton Orient.

When we're in the play offs this season and it's a penalty shootout - it'll be handy to have so many accomplished penalty takers available.  :smile:

• edited June 2019
    If you look at the professional game, you look at managers like Slade who keep getting jobs. You look at Lampard getting the Chelsea job despite not getting Derby up. Then you look at Bowyer who can achieve against the odds. Outside the managers in the Premier League, there are not many who can hold a candle to Bowyer IMO. I doubted him prior to last season, well not so much him but his ability to do what he did, but I am not going to doubt him again. What he thinks we will do, I expect us to do as a minimum.
  • Lyles pen technique has changed he appears more Yoni Buyens now with the slow approach /am I /aren’t I / where you committing to keeper/ bang goal approach 
    Buyens was a brilliant penalty taker, regularly sending the keeper the wrong way and putting it where he couldn't reach it. Lyle's end of season approach was well OTT but at least you felt that he was trying to outfox the keeper, rather than just blasting it and hoping the keeper wouldn't guess right which he (and Karlan) seemed to be doing earlier in the season
  • Yoni only 31, more or less retired. Worth a phone call,?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Didn't wash your hands? Filthy beggar.
    OMD

Yes,I also washed my hands and used the dryer for at least 30 seconds.