Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Don't Do It Chums

As it's a quiet news day I thought you might enjoy this note from a 1950 programme.

I don't need to tell which club's fans it refers to.

Comments

• Who's gonna read it to them ?

Slowly.

• Words are too long for last season’s programme
  • Obviously aimed at West Ham fans
  • Have since added "Spanners" to the second rule of DON'T
  • looking for loopholes: it seems entirely acceptable to throw soil, cinders, clinkers, stones bricks etc on to the playing pitch BEFORE the game.
  • Utter filthy abuse? Obviously someone paying attention back in the day. Now they can't hear anything the fans utter, particularly if they don't want to acknowledge the filthy abuse.
  • Just googled Clinkers, the Urban dictionary has the following: Get the comb, our cat has clinkers again! ... When he Lisa bent over, Rachelle could see her clinker. So this is what they used to get up to in the shadows of the halfway line terrace

• Soil? Not sure how you'd throw soil anyway!
  • Nothing about Waterloo station.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just googled Clinkers, the Urban dictionary has the following: Get the comb, our cat has clinkers again! ... When he Lisa bent over, Rachelle could see her clinker. So this is what they used to get up to in the shadows of the halfway line terrace

Wtf 
  • Soil? Not sure how you'd throw soil anyway!
    It’s a sod to pick up
  • Chizz said:

Millwall used to be known as Millwall Athletic? 
  • se9addick said:
    I remember the sign on the roof of the grandstand at the old Den, "Millwall Athletic & Football Club, founded 1888".

Something like that, anyway.
  • se9addick said:
    Chizz said:

And Millwall Rovers and Morton's Scottish Jam FC
  • Love the reference to cups.  My old Dad said they unwisely used to serve tea there in china cups.  You can guess the rest of the story....
  • Chummers?