Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - ed. Signs for Birmingham p24

Comments

• Yoni only 31, more or less retired. Worth a phone call,?
    He is very settled where he is with his wife and 2 young daughters in Belgium
  • Taylor said he worked in training on his penalty style, after he missed a few earlier on in the season. Despite the OTT style and making us all VERY nervous, I don’t think he missed one since.
  • As this has become the penalty taker thread I’ll add my twopence worth. In the scheme of things I think Lyle is not a great penalty at all. 
  • I don't enjoy watching Lyle's penalties, but all the while they're going in I don't really care. 
  • Talal said:
    I don't enjoy watching Lyle's penalties, but all the while they're going in I don't really care. 
    Julian Dicks could take a penalty, nobody could match him.
  • Talal said:
    I don't enjoy watching Lyle's penalties, but all the while they're going in I don't really care. 
    The new Paulo di Canio .... or just Yann Kermogant in the Leicester play off penalty shootout?

• Talal said:
    Matt Le Tissier?
  • thenewbie said:
    Yoni Buyens is by far the best in recent ish times
    As far as I recall he had 100% success rate so is de facto the best pen taker we have ever had
  • Lyles pen technique has changed he appears more Yoni Buyens now with the slow approach /am I /aren’t I / where you committing to keeper/ bang goal approach 
    Yoni Buyens! I liked him I thought was one of the best players under Peeters 
  • Sponsored links:

• uie2 said:
    Lyles pen technique has changed he appears more Yoni Buyens now with the slow approach /am I /aren’t I / where you committing to keeper/ bang goal approach 
    Very under rated by many.

Good 1st touch, neat and tidy passing. Positioning was good also, kept us ticking over and helped provide the platform for others to do the fancy stuff.

Did anybody notice he could also take a decent pen?  :smile:

• Peeters and Lee, that would be a catchy double act.
  • Talal said:
    Ray Stewart
  • Francis Lee
  • Oggy Red said:
    uie2 said:
    Lyles pen technique has changed he appears more Yoni Buyens now with the slow approach /am I /aren’t I / where you committing to keeper/ bang goal approach 
    Very under rated by many.

Good 1st touch, neat and tidy passing. Positioning was good also, kept us ticking over and helped provide the platform for others to do the fancy stuff.

Did anybody notice he could also take a decent pen? 

Couldn't tackle though without giving away a foul and seemed allergic to the forward pass 
  • Some very tasty play on that goal/assist reel. Looking forward to seeing this lad in action! Well dine Bow and Gallen.
  • YTS1978 said:
    Some very tasty play on that goal/assist reel. Looking forward to seeing this lad in action! Well dine Bow and Gallen.
    Yes they ate their dinners very well maybe they bought him dinner to get him to join. 

Well Dine chaps, Well Dine.
  • Geoff Hurst. The only one I remember him missing was against Stoke City in the semi-final of the old League Cup at Upton Park. As usual he just smashed it at 100 mph- but Gordon Banks somehow saved it.
  • A colleague at work who is a Crewe supporter told me today that Aneke is an amazing signing for us as he is definitely ready for the Championship and single-handedly kept Crewe up in his first season with them. 
  • Talal said:
    Ray Stewart
    Graham Alexander as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dicks scored 35, and missed 4.
  • Happy birthday Chuks. Enjoy it in Spain!
  • Dicks scored 35, and missed 4.
    Matt Le Tissier - 47 out of 48
  • Dazzler21 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Some very tasty play on that goal/assist reel. Looking forward to seeing this lad in action! Well dine Bow and Gallen.
    Yes they ate their dinners very well maybe they bought him dinner to get him to join. 

Well Dine chaps, Well Dine.
    Haha...bloody spell check :-:smiley:
  • edited July 2019
    Fortunately his injury isn't serious

• Roland please sell up, desperate to buy a season ticket. 
    Well just buy one Large, with the best will in the world, your £400 will make eff all difference and if anyone criticises you so what. Do what is right for you.

If you want to be at The Valley do so and if you don't then don't.
    If only it was that easy
    It is! What if Duchatelet never sells? What if Bowyer takes us up again?

If you want to go, then go.
  • Roland please sell up, desperate to buy a season ticket. 
    Well just buy one Large, with the best will in the world, your £400 will make eff all difference and if anyone criticises you so what. Do what is right for you.

If you want to be at The Valley do so and if you don't then don't.
    If only it was that easy
    It is. It couldn't be simpler, unless you have personal circumstances we are unaware of.
    Nope, but it’s about principles.
    It's a shame what influence a man of retirement age, living in Belgium has over your life. 
    All the best mate.
    Stating a case to someone that you will not buy his product because of your principles is fine - if he knows about it, and if he cares.