Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Daniel Sturridge banned for 6 weeks

Free agent Daniel Sturridge has been banned for football for 6 weeks for getting his brother to bet on him to move to Sevilla

Comments

• Offer him a deal. We can get him off this charge. 😉
  • kind of funny, also not. It shows how laughable some of the markets you can bet on, anyone ITK or close could easily make a quick bob on these type of bets. Glad he got punished still
  • What a noob.
  • Geezer must have earned 15mill out of football and stills tries to gain £6k (guees) 
  • He can play again July 31st as 4 of the 6 weeks ban was suspended 
  • edited July 2019
    I’ve always believed the best way to punish a footballer is to ban him during the off season when he doesn’t have a club to play for. 
    To be honest, he doesn’t play during the season either. They might as well just ban him for the rest of his career.
  • I’ve always believed the best way to punish a footballer is to ban him during the off season when he doesn’t have a club to play for. 
    To be honest, he doesn’t play during the season either. They might as well just ban him for the rest of his career.
    I wonder what odds he could get on that...
  • So why did he get a shorter ban than Joey Barton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Did he pay up the 30k reward for his dog the other day?
  • He probably stole his own dog! 
  • How can you get banned for a period of time when there arent any matches....?

English football at its finest. 
  • Does he still get paid during the six weeks? If so, it’s more like a paid vacation than a suspension.
  • Does he still get paid during the six weeks? If so, it’s more like a paid vacation than a suspension.
    He’s not getting paid by anyone right now?
  • se9addick said:
    Does he still get paid during the six weeks? If so, it’s more like a paid vacation than a suspension.
    He’s not getting paid by anyone right now?
    Ha! Guess you are right!
  • what about his brother? What does he get? Nothing?
  • I only just read the article after posting.  He is a lucky boy. Got away scot free. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If the FA are so against betting, then why allow betting firms to sponsor clubs?
  • If the FA are so against betting, then why allow betting firms to sponsor clubs?
    Clearly they're not against betting, they're against players betting, isn't it obvious why?
    Clearly they're not against betting, they're against players betting, isn't it obvious why?
    Yeah, it’s one thing betting that your team will lose, but if the bookies want to take bets on which club a player is going to next, then it’s fair game, if some people have inside knowledge.
  • He’ll be injured anyway!
    Yeah, it’s one thing betting that your team will lose, but if the bookies want to take bets on which club a player is going to next, then it’s fair game, if some people have inside knowledge.
    Not according to the rules it's not and I hope they never change or how long will it be until we see players engineering moves to profit from gambling?

• What an utter waste of time that bloke is. Enough talent to be a genuine game-changer who should've had scores of England caps and goals, but who instead has been "misunderstood" and cast aside by City, Chelsea, and now Liverpool. I feared for Sterling's future when he suggested Sturridge had assumed the role as wise old mentor to him but thankfully he's flourished through sheer endeavour and a willingness to learn and improve, things Sturridge appears to know absolutely nothing about. 
    Not according to the rules it's not and I hope they never change or how long will it be until we see players engineering moves to profit from gambling?

Shock, horror, player engineers move for money.