Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Villa Supporter here

just a message to say how much I enjoyed my afternoon at the Valley yesterday, and not just because of the result
after reading through you very good site I think a lot of Charlton supporters are worrying about the coming season
a bit to much, on yesterday’s showing you will more than hold your own, you have a very hard working team with
more than a few players who will prove more than a handful for other championship sides, having watched Villa in
the championship for the past 3 seasons it’s a very exciting and up and down division teams put runs together just 
as easily as they hit bad patches during the season, I wish you all the best for the coming season as you are a 
proper club with good supporters, for what it’s woth my prediction for you next season is between 14th and 10th 
Keep the faith and enjoy the ride, 

Comments

• Appac said:
    just a message to say how much I enjoyed my afternoon at the Valley yesterday, and not just because of the result
    after reading through you very good site I think a lot of Charlton supporters are worrying about the coming season
    a bit to much, on yesterday’s showing you will more than hold your own, you have a very hard working team with
    more than a few players who will prove more than a handful for other championship sides, having watched Villa in
    the championship for the past 3 seasons it’s a very exciting and up and down division teams put runs together just 
    as easily as they hit bad patches during the season, I wish you all the best for the coming season as you are a 
    proper club with good supporters, for what it’s woth my prediction for you next season is between 14th and 10th 
    👍👍
  • Top man Appac, thanks very much. 

I hope you enjoyed sitting in my stand 😊
  • Keep us informed how Konsa gets on please , if he gets in to the first team 
  • edited July 2019
    All the best for the season ahead, will be following your results with interest!
  • Hope you do well this coming season, my son in law & grandson both support Villa. My daughter tried her hardest to get him to support us but unfortunately her husband won.
  • Sadly, as it stands, I think we both have seasons of struggle ahead of us. I wish Villa all the best though.
  • Appac said:
    Cheers Fella!
  • Sadly, as it stands, I think we both have seasons of struggle ahead of us. I wish Villa all the best though.
    I can’t see Villa struggling. They could easily do a Wolves next season .
  • Sponsored links:

• We have Villa fans in my family and one of my first football games was Villa v Arsenal 0-0 bore draw where I found my love of bovril lol
    I’m grateful to you for your post and with Hourihane in your squad who comes from up the road from where I now live, I wish you all the best for the season xx
  • Appac said:
    Think a few Villa players could be loaned out before deadline day, Calum ohare and Kinan  Davies who started upfront yesterday could do more than a good job for you, Dean Smith like to loan out players to teams that try and play his sort of football which I think Charlton will

Would snap your hand off for Davis on yesterday’s performance. Thought he was superb. Thought Scott Hogan May be an option too. Thought he may have slipped a bit in the pecking order with all the new signings.
  • Thanks for your feedback mate... 

We need this kind of positivity ... 
  • edited July 2019
    Appreciate the kind words but wish I could share your optimism. 21st will be a cracking result for us this season. Good luck in the Premier League.
  • In order to stay in a league you need to find enough teams worse than you to fill the spots in Prem 
    norwich
    brighton
    palace - if zaha goes 
    Sheff United 
    burnley

are probably worse than villa 
  • Good luck to Aston Villa, I think your be fine, you are back to where you should be, I also hope Birmingham get relegated
  • Nice comments from Appac, would like to thank all the
    Villa fans for a great turnout to help a good cause.
    Shame that there weren't more Charlton their.
    Really rated Grealish and McGinn. I managed to get tickets
    for my 2 grandsons and their dad (all Villa fans). They were
    impressed by the Stadium. Shame has a lunatic supposed
    Charlton fan abusing Grealish throughout and drunkenly
    swearing continuosly sitting behind a 10 year old!
    Hopefully the moron will be banned!
  • @Appac .. Thanks for the kind words .. like us you have experienced the anguish of life in the depths of the FL ((:>) .. we pray that one fine day we get an owner like your mega rich Egyptian who can put in the cash to get us back to the top and then spend the necessary 10s/100s of millions to keep us there
     .. for my part it's good to see that midlands football is on the rise after many bleak years .. excuse me if I wish Wolves and Leicester happy seasons as well as yourselves.

As for the 'blue noses' .. stinkers .. nuf said ((:>)

• RC_CAFC said:
    Appac said:
    Think a few Villa players could be loaned out before deadline day, Calum ohare and Kinan  Davies who started upfront yesterday could do more than a good job for you, Dean Smith like to loan out players to teams that try and play his sort of football which I think Charlton will

Would snap your hand off for Davis on yesterday’s performance. Thought he was superb. Thought Scott Hogan May be an option too. Thought he may have slipped a bit in the pecking order with all the new signings.
    If Scott Hogan goes on loan I imagine it'll be to someone challenging towards the top of the league - Hasnt quite worked out at Villa for him but still see him as too good / expensive for us
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck for the season....soft spot for Villa as wife has family in Marston Green, Birmingham and Bromsgrove area. Always get treated well when visiting them especially at the famous 4-3 game.
  • I have to say, we looked well below them ability wise which was as I expected. But they were either being kind or they ought to be worried how they really failed to put us to the sword. We gifted them three goals and from what I saw, they might struggle to score against teams that don't gift you goals. We shall see.
  • Great as Grealish, McGinn and El Ghazi were, I thought Villa's best player was Mings, a total monster now he's switched to centre-back. Feels like he'll be in the England squad very soon. 

Would also love Davis on loan. His battle with Sarr was quality viewing 
  • according to stats in the 'Times' on Saturday, Grealish and McGinn were the most fouled players in the champ last season .. Grealish way out in front on 149 and McGinn 106 .. two other skilful youngsters were next, Harry Wilson, (Derby, loaned from the Scousers) on 105 and Daniel James (Swans now Man U) on 90 
  • according to stats in the 'Times' on Saturday, Grealish and McGinn were the most fouled players in the champ last season .. Grealish way out in front on 149 and McGinn 106 .. two other skilful youngsters were next, Harry Wilson, (Derby, loaned from the Scousers) on 105 and Daniel James (Swans now Man U) on 90 
    Sign em up
  • Dazzler21 said:
    according to stats in the 'Times' on Saturday, Grealish and McGinn were the most fouled players in the champ last season .. Grealish way out in front on 149 and McGinn 106 .. two other skilful youngsters were next, Harry Wilson, (Derby, loaned from the Scousers) on 105 and Daniel James (Swans now Man U) on 90 
    Sign em up
    eeeefff only we could ((:>)
  • I originally thought Villa might go the way of Fulham this season; overspend... get relegated. But they are 4-0 in preseason and have outscored their opponents 13-2. I am starting to wonder if they may actually be this season's Wolves.

• _MrDick said:
    Cheers @Appac The much maligned Jack Grealish is a top player. He makes playing the game look so easy and has formed a good partnership with John McGinn. Really impressed that he found the time to have his photo taken pitch side after the match with a couple of young Charlton fans. Nice touch, that 
    He not only has his photo taken he gave one of them his shirt. Really nice touch. He gets a lot of bad press. Pity this sort of thing doesn't get picked up. 
  • I originally thought Villa might go the way of Fulham this season; overspend... get relegated. But they are 4-0 in preseason and have outscored their opponents 13-2. I am starting to wonder if they may actually be this season's Wolves.

Its pre season Napa, don't take any notice of the results.

Personally I think they have a chance but it will be a long hard season for them, they aren't quite in the position Wolves are imo