Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

West Brom away [26/10/19] advance train tickets now on sale

edited August 2019 in Match Day Travel
Advance singles priced at £7.40 [£4.90] now on sale for most trains between Marylebone & The Hawthorns,change at Birmingham Moor Street,journey time 2 hours 10 minutes.
An alternative route is between Euston & Birmingham New Street & then tram to/from The hawthorns,Advance  Singles are not yet on sale.
Railcard fares in brackets.

Comments

• that is such a 'cheap' fare !
  • edited August 2019
    just checked re Hawthorns station …

The Hawthorns has its own Railway and Metro Station which are about a five minute walk from the Hawthorns ground. They can be reached from Birmingham New Street, either by first taking a train to Smethwick Galton Bridge and changing there for the Hawthorns, or by taking a Metro Tram (which run every eight minutes on Saturday afternoons) from directly outside New Street Station. Total journey time by train is around 20-25 minutes, whilst the Metro is around 13 minutes.

Alternatively the Hawthorns Station is also served by direct trains from Birmingham Moor Street and Birmingham Snow Hill. The Metro Line also runs via Birmingham Snow Hill.

Please note though that rail tickets to the Hawthorns are not valid on the Metro line. A separate Metro journey ticket will need to be purchased.. A one day saver ticket can be purchased for £5 (per Adult ticket), which covers the journey to the Hawthorns and back from either New Street or Snow Hill.

Nicked from footballgroundguide.com

• just checked re Hawthorns station 
    Yes it does exist & about 5 minutes from the ground.
  • clive said:
    just checked re Hawthorns station 
    clive said:
    just checked re Hawthorns station 

thanks Clive, I was confusing myself, my hotel is 'close' to Sandwell station, not the Hawthorns
  • edited August 2019
    Would the 6:12PM from Moor Street be too tight timing? 
  • clive said:
    Advance singles priced at £7.40 [£4.90] now on sale for most trains between Marylebone & The Hawthorns,change at Birmingham Moor Street,journey time 2 hours 10 minutes.
    An alternative route is between Euston & Birmingham New Street & then tram to/from The hawthorns,Advance  Singles are not yet on sale.
    Once available the singles with Virgin trains will normally be around £7.50(before the railcard discount).
  • Would the 6:12PM from Moor Street be too tight timing? 
    You should be alright, there are a lot of trains.  You have the option of back to New Street as well, off a train from New Street to getting on one at Moor Street would take 15 minutes maximum.
  • edited August 2019
    The Bull Ring Tavern at the top end of Digbeth is great.  Only 5 minutes walk from Moor Street station.
  • All booked cheers clive 
  • Thank you @clive all booked as well, very good, essentially £10 return for me when doing as two singles.

Brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:
    Once available the singles with Virgin trains will normally be around £7.50(before the railcard discount).
    Advanced Virgin tickets are on sale now. Booked the 6:30, £5.60 with a discount 
  • yep just booked mine virgin trains £8.50 each direction faster. 

10.23 out 
    18.50 return 
  • does anyone know when the sky schedule is released.
  • edited August 2019
    does anyone know when the sky schedule is released.
    https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/

Apparently, we should hear by the very latest of August 30th. Swansea v Cardiff is scheduled for that weekend. Can’t see anything else than that being on TV that weekend.
  • Leeds are also away at Sheffield Wednesday too, I can’t see past anything other than those two games being on TV
  • does anyone know when the sky schedule is released.
    https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/

Apparently, we should hear by the very latest of August 30th. Swansea v Cardiff is scheduled for that weekend. Can’t see anything else than that being on TV that weekend.
    I thought that there will be two games a weekend being televised.

Wednesday v Leeds is not normally played on a Saturday so I'd suggest that would be one of the games.
  • All booked cheers clive 
    Love you lots Clive.
  • edited August 2019
    One of the biggest shit holes I have had the pleasure of visiting.
    A fair march into the city.
    Enjoy your day.

• One of the biggest shit holes I have had the pleasure of visiting.
    Enjoy your day.

I have to disagree a bit there.

I have drunk in both Smethwick and West Bromwich, both are a bit shabby tbf.

Birmingham is a really good place for a beer, all so different to the 80's, the city centre has been transformed.

West Brom is one of the better away games.  Cheap for travel, match ticket and booze, nothing to dislike.
  • One of the biggest shit holes I have had the pleasure of visiting.
    Enjoy your day.

Drink in brum cab to west brom
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    One of the biggest shit holes I have had the pleasure of visiting.
    Enjoy your day.

Drink in brum cab to west brom
    All day long.

Bull Ring Tavern plus China Town.
  • Still some cheap Advance Singles on plenty of trains out of Euston & Marylebone,but not any cheap tickets left for the return to Marylebone until later that evening,plenty of cheap tickets for the return trains to Euston.