Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Travel on Saturday

2»

Comments

• All the anoraks are filling their boots on this post. I am going for 1,426 posts by midnight
  • All the anoraks are filling their boots on this post. I am going for 1,426 posts by midnight
    Where’s happy valley when you need him...
  • No Southeastern services from London Cannon Street on Saturday 10 & Sunday 11 AugustHide details

There will be no trains running from Cannon Street this weekend.

Trains will be running from Charing Cross, and buses replace trains between Lewisham and Dartford via Greenwich & Woolwich.

You will be able to use London Underground at no extra cost between Cannon Street, Embankment (for Charing Cross), London Bridge, Waterloo.  You can also use the DLR between Lewisham and Greenwich

• clive said:

No Southeastern services from London Cannon Street on Saturday 10 & Sunday 11 August

Hide details

There will be no trains running from Cannon Street this weekend.

Trains will be running from Charing Cross, and buses replace trains between Lewisham and Dartford via Greenwich & Woolwich.

You will be able to use London Underground at no extra cost between Cannon Street, Embankment (for Charing Cross), London Bridge, Waterloo.  You can also use the DLR between Lewisham and Greenwich

Every 30 minutes again from Charlton.  That'll be fun afterwards with all the Stoke fans going into London.
  • Busses between Lewisham and charlton only, with services to victoria unaffected? Will thameslink be running? Clear as mud..
  • Busses between Lewisham and charlton only, with services to victoria unaffected? Will thameslink be running? Clear as mud..
    That map shows NO engineering works between Lewisham and Charlton, only on the Greenwich Line. The journey planner on National Rail and South Eastern shows that you can get a train direct from London Bridge to Charlton, stopping at Lewisham and Blackheath and taking 17 minutes. Why are they saying "buses replace trains between Lewisham and Charlton when you can still get a train from Lewisham to Charlton?! 

Also, when do they actually finish fixing whatever it is they're working on every sodding weekend? They're constantly doing engineering works and have been for at least the last 25 years - it doesn't seem to have any impact on their total inability to run trains during the week. W*nk!rs!!!
  • At last a proper Charlton thread about trains  
  • can get on a train from dartford to charlton 

and from charlton to blackheath 

just cant seem to get to greenwich which is annoying as was planning on going there after the match for a drink

just cant seem to get to greenwich which is annoying as was planning on going there after the match for a drink
    DLR from Lewisham ?- but that's assuming you can get on one of the half hourly trains from Charlton, and don't really have to get a bus to Lewisham instead.
  • Sponsored links:

Get a bus, or walk...
  • Stoke fans heading to Charlton tomorrow.. the Angerstein Hotel, Woolwich Road, SE10 is the nearest pub to The Valley that will cater for you pre-match. The stadium itself will open at 1.30pm if you want food or drink in the away stand... 1/2.
    For the Stoke fans travelling by train tomorrow trains from London Bridge will NOT be stopping at Greenwich. Best to eat/drink in the London Bridge areas pre-match. Have safe journeys down.
    https://twitter.com/MPSFootballUnit/status/1159852126861975553
    There is only half-hourly train service today between Charing Cross & Dartford via London Bridge,Lewisham & Blackheath.
    Trains towards Charlton depart London Bridge 21/51 arriving 38/08 minutes past the hour.
    Trains towards Charing Cross depart Charlton 06/36 miutes past the hour.there are no Thameslink services via Charlton today.
    Southeastern are also warning people of possible disruption due to severe weather.
    https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/service-disruption?uq=637010253368440000#INC33229425848B4AB98F5E97191D5F51C6

• Bloody typical, first matchday and there are half hourly trains only. Going to be chaos
  • Is this half hourly service the norm now or just for today? Will be carnage after the game!
  • Croydon said:
    Is this half hourly service the norm now or just for today? Will be carnage after the game!
    Just today,  engineering work 
  • Croydon said:
    Is this half hourly service the norm now or just for today? Will be carnage after the game!
    Walked from the ground to North Greenwich....35 mins, tube to London Bridge and was in the Barrow Boy and Banker by 5.50pm which I thought was pretty good.
  • Croydon said:
    Walked from the ground to North Greenwich....35 mins, tube to London Bridge and was in the Barrow Boy and Banker by 5.50pm which I thought was pretty good.
    Done that walk last season with a few stop offs for refreshment
  • Croydon said:
    Also walked from Hither Green station to the ground...just over an hour.
  • Croydon said:
    Pilot?
  • Croydon said:
    Pilot?
    Yes the Pilot. We stopped of there and i was surpised to chat to random tourists. Apparently the road outside is where Blur Parklife was filmed. The saturday i was there, maybe March/April it was heaving
  • Sponsored links:

• So there were trains between Lewisham and Charlton, despite South Eastern clearly stating on their website that "buses replace trains between Lewisham and Charlton". Useless c#*ts.