Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aggressive spam ad you are chosen from CL

edited August 2019 in Troubleshooting
is anyone else getting this problem? It takes over the browser and I have to close and open a new one. 

Can admin so something pls?

Comments

• Just had the same issue. I'm not particularly tech savvy, so I could do with this stopping asap.
  • Same but only on my phone.
    American ads appearing on PC.
  • Yep having the same issue (using an iPhone)
  • Ok, not had this problem before. Will get it looked into today
  • Had it yesterday, on iPhone. Had a software upgrade last night. Seems to be ok now.
  • Still getting it today
  • se9addick said:
    Yep having the same issue (using an iPhone)
    This
  • Had this yesterday. Googled and it said go to settings, browser (mine is Safari) then select ‘clear history’ . Worked for my iPhone 
  • Had this yesterday. Googled and it said go to settings, browser (mine is Safari) then select ‘clear history’ . Worked for my iPhone 
    Not for me i'm afraid.
  • Use Chrome or install an ad-blocker.

I get the same issue with a number of other football sites too when I use iOS safari.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes, also getting this when using iPhone 
  • I’m not chosen ☹️
    Not for me i'm afraid.
    Having said that, the bloody thing has just come back. I’ve repeated the clear history and website data and it’s gone again - for now. 
  • Yes, on iPhone for last couple of days.
    Not for me i'm afraid.
    Having said that, the bloody thing has just come back. I’ve repeated the clear history and website data and it’s gone again - for now. 
    nope - its back and now impossible to use browser so have to resort to computer
  • Yes yes on my iPhone yesterday it was a right bugger
  • Anyone else getting the ad for Knobby underwear?
  • Had it yesterday, on iPhone. Had a software upgrade last night. Seems to be ok now.
    did you upgrade to IOS 12.4? I'm trying that now
  • Use a better browser.

'Brave' is amazing.
  • I just had this spam 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Just for the record, I have a number of issues using Safari on an Apple ipad using only this website!
    I took my iPad to an Apple outlet who I showed the problems to and there was nothing they could do and said it was a problem with Vanilla!
    They also told me that in the next few months there will be a massive update bringing some on going issues of varying degrees into line and improving Safari/Apple bringing it bang up to date with other browsers......something  about a new generation version or some such jargon that I didn’t really understand.
    I can only hope that this update will improve the very irritating stuff I and some others are having to deal with since around March of this year.....prior to around that time it was perfect......I can’t be more specific about the date and may be a month or two out with that estimation.
    My keyboard now does not clear the screen when I have posted a message and my inability to see the drop down names of likes and lols on threads or posts other than ones I have started or posts I have sent myself.....very strange.
    I also have a problem when I send a PM, getting the drop down list of users to work so I can’t find a user name and post. I try over and over again and then for some strange reason it suddenly decides to work! Other times I just give up.
    did you upgrade to IOS 12.4? I'm trying that now
    I have 12.4 and no problems 
    Not for me i'm afraid.
    Safari And Vanilla aren’t the best of friends it would seem!
  • edited August 2019
    Yes . I was getting it . I thought it was a virus on my phone . Pain in the arse 
  • Just for the record, I have a number of issues using Safari on an Apple ipad using only this website!
    I took my iPad to an Apple outlet who I showed the problems to and there was nothing they could do and said it was a problem with Vanilla!
    They also told me that in the next few months there will be a massive update bringing some on going issues of varying degrees into line and improving Safari/Apple bringing it bang up to date with other browsers......something  about a new generation version or some such jargon that I didn’t really understand.
    I can only hope that this update will improve the very irritating stuff I and some others are having to deal with since around March of this year.....prior to around that time it was perfect......I can’t be more specific about the date and may be a month or two out with that estimation.
    My keyboard now does not clear the screen when I have posted a message and my inability to see the drop down names of likes and lols on threads or posts other than ones I have started or posts I have sent myself.....very strange.
    I also have a problem when I send a PM, getting the drop down list of users to work so I can’t find a user name and post. I try over and over again and then for some strange reason it suddenly decides to work! Other times I just give up.
    Sound as , im no expert , but as Johnboy suggested try downloading and using the google chrome app as your entry to the internet, and see if it makes any difference, I try to not use safari.
  • Upgraded to 12.4 on iPhone and CL on Safari seems fine now. Fingers crossed. 
  • Same problem here everytime I open CL.
  • Thought it was just me as an in Majorca and using hotel WiFi. 
  • I got it on my iPhone yesterday but only when accessing the Sale of Charlton thread, I got excited for a second
  • Nope also getting it a lot on my iphone