Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lack of Big Screen Replays

Rights issue or technical issue or budgetary issue?

Comments

• Why was the added time screen in Claret & Blue?
  • I think the whole "pre-match" build up is a load of old tosh. The "This is Charlton" or whatever today was played to a back-drop of unrecognisable music & then carried on as the players came out & Red Red Robin started up.

Then again the whole pre-match / half time "entertainment" is cringeworthy - but then perhaps I'm just an old curmudgeon. Crossbar challenge is worth a laugh just because of the numpties (like today) who cant get the ball off the ground & I did appreciate the 100-year old guy receiving acknowledgement of his 90 years supporting this club. The rest of it could just be forgotten about.

If you’re inside before 2:58pm then you get what you’re given! 
  • I assumed it was a rights issue now we’re in a higher league. We didn’t have them last time we were in the Champ did we?
  • JaShea99 said:
    I assumed it was a rights issue now we’re in a higher league. We didn’t have them last time we were in the Champ did we?
    I guess that is what it probably is
  • Yes, it was a shame we didn't get to see the goals again

As an aside, having just watched the Quest show, the cameras at The Valley need upgrading, the picture quality was terrible!
  • I think the whole "pre-match" build up is a load of old tosh. The "This is Charlton" or whatever today was played to a back-drop of unrecognisable music & then carried on as the players came out & Red Red Robin started up.

Then again the whole pre-match / half time "entertainment" is cringeworthy - but then perhaps I'm just an old curmudgeon. Crossbar challenge is worth a laugh just because of the numpties (like today) who cant get the ball off the ground & I did appreciate the 100-year old guy receiving acknowledgement of his 90 years supporting this club. The rest of it could just be forgotten about.

You cant book the Red Arrows for every game.
  • Also why was it coloured claret and blue, not red n white?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    I can't see that the club doesn't have the rights to show highlights of its own matches inside the stadium to people who have paid to watch them live.

As an aside, having just watched the Quest show, the cameras at The Valley need upgrading, the picture quality was terrible!
    As a matter of interest I wonder who’s cameras are used.....do we own them?
    I imagine Sky own their own cameras.....but what about Quest and BBC etc.
    Who’s cameras are used for footage for our own purposes.....by that I mean used for the trading ground and club website etc?
    Interesting?
  • edited August 2019
    Golfie old son......have you ever thought about finding another club? o:)
  • Anyone else notice Stokes Gregory was misspelt on the screen Greorgy! I thought it was an eastern European signing!

Who’s cameras are used for footage for our own purposes.....by that I mean used for the trading ground and club website etc?
    Interesting?
    I've sometimes wondered how the cameraman gets up to the Jimmy Seed gantry, there's no obvious route up and no way to nip out for a bathroom break!
  • @jamieboxallyt is the twitter name of the guy who runs the big screen, and it seems the music, on matchdays.

He has asked for feedback so suggest polite comments there unless he's also on here.
  • edited August 2019
    Yes, it was a shame we didn't get to see the goals again

Interesting?
    I've sometimes wondered how the cameraman gets up to the Jimmy Seed gantry, there's no obvious route up and no way to nip out for a bathroom break!
    Altogether now.......

And piss on, piss on, and piss on The Millwall below below.
    Piss on, piss on,and piss on The Millwall below.
  • edited August 2019
    Another thing, what's happened to half time scores  being read out?
  • I was disappointed to see they've reverted to capital letters on the big screen.

Easier to read when upper and lower case letters are used.
  • @jamieboxallyt is the twitter name of the guy who runs the big screen, and it seems the music, on matchdays.

He has asked for feedback so suggest polite comments there unless he's also on here.
    Yes, he's on here. He's the Vlogger.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC57lox5Uj8RX2llJyc7E4_A
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair when I used to read them out at HT and got them wrong, I loved the crowd letting me know!

I do miss those days a little, but I enjoy being a fan more.
  • For those plastics that hate the club and want to it lose ie anyone who wasn't there last night, the replays were back as were the HT scores.

They even showed the pens live on the screen.

The light blue background was white so much better but the time was still black on a red background so not as readable as the white on red scores.
  • For those plastics that hate the club and want to it lose ie anyone who only goes on freebies and refuses to pay for tickets, the replays were back as were the HT scores.

They even showed the pens live on the screen.

The light blue background was white so much better but the time was still black on a red background so not as readable as the white on red scores.

• edited August 2019

I think the whole "pre-match" build up is a load of old tosh. The "This is Charlton" or whatever today was played to a back-drop of unrecognisable music & then carried on as the players came out & Red Red Robin started up.

You are absolutely right about the half-time 'entertainment'.  It reeks of the pathetic, failing, third division club we recently were.  The fat guy on the mic is a lousy representative for an athletic sport.  And he should put a sock in it - rabbiting on inanely, loud yet incoherent.  The 'crossbar challenge' is simply demeaning - to the participant and to the fans.  Meanwhile, useful features such as video replays and half-time scores are absent.  We deserve far better than that.