Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton Athletic 3-1 Stoke City

many thanks to the 109 Lifers who gave marks

Comments

• Great stuff.  Like the look of the form table!  Gets better each season.
  • Wasn't Leko's a through ball?  What are the requirements of a through ball?
  • Very disciplined performance by the back 4, just the 1 foul between them
  • Think its unfair that we couldn't give Chuks a mark. According to your stats he played 25 mins - surely that long enough to get a score (which he did btw). Say a player comes on for the last 20 mins, turns the game & scores a hat trick.
  • As usual LL, very interesting and informative tables. Thank you from a fan who rarely sees the games and that relies on these to know what is going on with each player
  • Think its unfair that we couldn't give Chuks a mark. According to your stats he played 25 mins - surely that long enough to get a score (which he did btw). Say a player comes on for the last 20 mins, turns the game & scores a hat trick.
    Part of the stats is comparison with previous seasons and we have always used 30 mins as the basis for marks, to change it would negate season comparisons
    By your argument if a player comes on for the last 10 mins and scores a hat trick we should reduce the limit to 10 mins
    A limit needs to be used to give a reasonably period for assessment which is 30 mins which will remain  

• Wasn't Leko's a through ball?  What are the requirements of a through ball?
    I'd have called that a diagonal cross. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Wasn't Leko's a through ball?  What are the requirements of a through ball?
    I'd have called that a diagonal cross. 
    I'll leave you guys to decide and I'll just put the stats up as I get them from a web site
    Part of the stats is comparison with previous seasons and we have always used 30 mins as the basis for marks, to change it would negate season comparisons
    By your argument if a player comes on for the last 10 mins and scores a hat trick we should reduce the limit to 10 mins
    A limit needs to be used to give a reasonably period for assessment which is 30 mins which will remain  

No problem. Lancashire Lad. Wasnt sure what the actual playing time was. 
  • Sponsored links:

No problem. Lancashire Lad. Wasnt sure what the actual playing time was. 
    How about a minimum of 30m or three goals / penalty saves to get a mark?  Both of those are incredibly unlikely in under 30m but would surely rate a 10.
  • The one thing that's annoying me with this table ''Jon Williams'' it's Jonny to us! haha

Good work though mate, and interesting to see :)
  • Dr C - when Williams joined last year he was referred to as Jon so that is why I use it but I'm quite happy to use Jonny in future even if the OS calls him Jonathan which sounds a bit not him, yes Jonny it will be as it reminds me of Jonny Robinson :smiley: