Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

In the last week when I click on a thread which has 'new posts' instead of taking me to the last page/message I previously read, I get taken to the last post instead. This happens both on my computer, and on my phone.

Is this happening to anyone else, and is there a way to rectify this?

Comments

• Yes, been happening to me too, but away on holiday and have only used my mobile to access CL. 
  • Yes, been happening to me too, but away on holiday and have only used my mobile to access CL. 
    Having said that, it's not happening today. Very annoying when it was though!! 
  • Yeah it also seems to be intermittent for me. Sometimes it does it, and other times it does not.

I use Chrome if this is of any use?
  • Been happening to me for a while too
  • Been happening on and off for the past few days. 
    Very annoying. 
    Glad I'm not the only one as I thought it was a problem with my phone. 
  • Happening to me too, but not all threads. Will become a real problem if it happens in a match thread and ruins the experience.
    @admin can we try to sort before Saturday please?
  • Clear your browser cookies. And make sure you’re using forum.charltonlife.com and not fleeting between that URL and charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com. 
  • Cleared the cookies on both my phone, and my computer, and am definitely using the correct url but still experiencing the same issue  :(
  • Me too. Cleared cookies,  restarted. Same. Upgraded chrome with latest updates, restarted, and still happens. Not all threads, and seems better overall, but still an issue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Same issues after checking URL and clearing cookies too
  • This issue seems to be back with vengeance for me this evening.

Tad bit annoying when I want to read some  new threads and im instantly thrown to the last post.
  • I suspected this thread was about others having this problem...
     But I had to scroll back to check cos this thread did it to me too!
  • Thought it was just me. It's quite annoying...
  • This problem has been terrible the last couple of days. Have cleared cookies, used a different browser, used different devices, made sure I have the correct link - but nothing seems to be working.
  • No matter what I do it still keeps coming up . 
  • This annoying issue is still being annoying. Do any non chrome users get it? 
  • Been happening on and off for the past few days. 
    Very annoying. 
    Glad I'm not the only one as I thought it was a problem with my phone. 
    That guy playing the bugle umteen times a day must drive you nuts.
  • I use Safari and IE 11 and have never experienced this i'm afraid
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there a button where if you are on a thread and you go to read a message and you accidentally press the option to type something and you have done it in error, can we have a button that you can come out of it completely and not when you go back to the thread it takes you back to the typed bit. I have seen kiss (x's) on here.. dots etc because people like me have to leave a mark before you can get out of it 
  • I use Safari and IE 11 and have never experienced this i'm afraid
    happens to me on safari but is really sporadic. I got it yesterday but hadn't had it for about a week before that. back when this thread was started I was having the problem more often than not
  • rina said:
    I use Safari and IE 11 and have never experienced this i'm afraid
    happens to me on safari but is really sporadic. I got it yesterday but hadn't had it for about a week before that. back when this thread was started I was having the problem more often than not
    And it's doing it right now on chrome on mobile
  • For weeks I was unable to sign in on my phone, but laptop was fine. I would request a password reset and was told 'Failed to authenticate reset request'.Just now, I tried again and was able to reset my password and signed in successfully. the minute I opened a thread, I was back to being asked to sign in again and blanked when I entered my new password. Tried to reset and was back to 'Failed to etc'.
    Admin? Anyone?
  • I use firefox at work, and safari on my phone.

Don't have any issues personally.
  • Yeah it definitely seems to be a chrome thing which is very annoying seeing as its my main browser 
  • Being a tech dunce, I didn't have a clue how to switch browsers, but have managed to change to Chrome and all is well.
    Thanks for the advice.