Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barnsley Away 17/8/19 Roll Call

2»

Comments

• best of luck lads and lasses attending decided this season i was going to mostly attend grounds i haven't been only have 6 to tick off in this league, and the other local games. 

attended the 6-0 there and amazingly managed to miss all 6 goals by either chatting to people or having a piss.

reading, wigan. fulham, west brom and qpr are me before xmas. 
    I did exactly this, missed 3rd and 4th goal as we bought about 4 pints each at HT, everyone was buzzing we were 0-2 up, the rest was madness.
    Ric Fuller should've had a double hat trick that day and eventually got on the score sheet as did the much maligned Salim Kerkar over six years ago now.
  • Nick Popes mother works in the hospitality lounge at Barnsley, she lives locally ..........Nick never played for them incidentally.
  • Nick Popes mother works in the hospitality lounge at Barnsley, she lives locally ..........Nick never played for them incidentally.
    Interesting @SoundAsa£ I thought Nick Pope came from Bury St Edmunds / Ipswich way what's the background to her living oop north then?
  • RedChaser said:
    Nick Popes mother works in the hospitality lounge at Barnsley, she lives locally ..........Nick never played for them incidentally.
    Interesting @SoundAsa£ I thought Nick Pope came from Bury St Edmunds / Ipswich way what's the background to her living oop north then?
    She did tell me but I can’t remember now.
    If I bump into her on Saturday I’ll ask again.
  • My advice is not to wear colours if you want to go drinking in the pubs in town. 

Not worn colours to the game in ten years for this reason (and I'm an adult ;) haha). 

Would not let us into any 
  • edited August 2019
    RedChaser said:
    Nick Popes mother works in the hospitality lounge at Barnsley, she lives locally ..........Nick never played for them incidentally.
    Could be her or husbands profession took them there or divorce and present other half comes from that way or old family ties.
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Could be her or husbands profession took them there or divorce and present other half comes from that way or old family ties.
    He's definitely got his B's the wrong way round.
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    No I haven’t Elfie......I remember being very surprised to learn she lived in the area.
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    No I haven’t Elfie......I remember being very surprised to learn she lived in the area.
    Born in Soham, and came through the Ipswich youth system.
  • Three of us driving up on Saturday morning. My first trip to Oakwell
  • Sponsored links:

• Went to the 2-1 defeat last season.

Nearest away end pub, if you can call it that, is at the leisure centre. A pint with a whiff of chlorine, noisy kids and a view of a pirate skull and ship. Quirky.
  • edited August 2019
    Went to the 2-1 defeat last season.

Nearest away end pub, if you can call it that, is at the leisure centre. A pint with a whiff of chlorine, noisy kids and a view of a pirate skull and ship. Quirky.
    The Metrodome, parking £5 can be slow getting away after.
  • 731 Addicks had purchased tickets before they went off sale on Thursday. Tickets will be available on the day, but with a £2 increase on the original price. Adult, senior and young adult tickets will be available for cash at the turnstiles, while juvenile tickets will have to be purchased from the home ticket office at the opposite end of the ground.

Prices for tickets on the day are as follows:

Adult: £25

Over 65 and U22: £18

U18: £12

U12: £7

Where to drink

The aforementioned Metro Dome is an option, while the Coach and Horses and East Deane Working Men’s Club, both on Doncaster Road, welcome away fans. The Dove Inn is an outlet for the Old Mill Brewery and is also recommended.

There is a Wetherspoon’s in the town centre, although drinking in the centre of town, particularly wearing colours, is not recommended.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d5652846a757/away-day-guide-oakwell-stadium

• edited August 2019
    Work finished for the week and on my way to watch those free scoring Addicks on their march  to the Championship title. 
  • Work finished for the week and on my way to watch those free scoring Addicks on their march  to the Championship title. 
    Been on the scrumpy already 😁
  • I REALLY wish we could join you all tomorrow but have only just returned a day earlier than planned from a week in the New Forest , due to the inclement weather.

Have a safe & successful trip , dear Lifers & PLEASE bring home the spoils !
  • I REALLY wish we could join you all tomorrow but have only just returned a day earlier than planned from a week in the New Forest , due to the inclement weather.

Have a safe & successful trip , dear Lifers & PLEASE bring home the spoils !
    Phew, two less.

I'll win the sub 800 bet!
  • Safe journey there and back... 
  • cafctom said:
    Three of us driving up on Saturday morning. My first trip to Oakwell
    Surely it’d be cheaper to all go in one car.
  • Can't make it this week.
    Safe journey to all the faithfull.
  • Sponsored links:

• Will be there in my new-to-me Red Woolwich shirt courtesy of the museum auction. Also with a few other Yorkshire reds. We seem to have followed Barnsley around the league's over the past 40 years and it's always a good test. Never forget 6-0. 

• Any pubs by the station which shows the football ?