Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton, Ebbsfleet now Bury (Clubs in trouble thread)

Comments

• Options
    Bolton saved
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Bolton have been saved.
    Done deal.
  • Options

Bolton Wanderers' survival has been secured after Football Ventures (Whites) Limited completed its protracted takeover of the club.

Administrators had warned that the club could be placed into liquidation on Wednesday without a finalised takeover.

It looked to have collapsed on Monday, leading to bleak warnings about the future of the 145-year-old club.

"I'm delighted we've finally reached a satisfactory conclusion with the sale," said joint administrator Paul Appleton.

"I have every sympathy for the staff, players and fans who have been forced to stand by while their club was taken to the brink. I am delighted their loyalty, dedication and patience have finally been rewarded."

On Tuesday, the English Football League gave Bolton 14 days to complete a deal or face expulsion from the EFL.

Bury became the first club to be expelled from the EFL for 27 years on Tuesday, after a takeover bid fell through just before the EFL's deadline.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Let's all remember what makes up the EFL - the clubs themselves! They are meant to be there to administer the competition on behalf of member clubs. So of course they are not fit for purpose as a regulator. And imo, neither is the FA, though somehow that seems to be the policy of the FSA (Football Supporters' Association).

The FSF think the FA should be the regulator? Dear Lord! Oh hang on, "CEO" Kevin Miles.

i think the FAPL and EFL should be disbanded, TV rights negotiated and disbursed by the FA, who would also operate a proper Ownership test and control audit. Crucially all overseen by a properly independent regulator which includes supporter "voices" in its team. Someone like you, for example, Heather :-)

I dont pretend that is easy to enact, but I would like to read a coherent argument as to why this would not be a better structure.
    Whilst I agree those things should happen, but do you realistically ever see turkey's voting for xmas?

Or should we probably be setting more realistic goals?
    Sure, like I said, don't pretend it is easy, but I think you can set realistic goals more effectively if you have a vision for where you want to end up, which for me would be the above structure. 

I suppose that you would start with setting up the regulatory body, which might itself start with reviewing the existing structure and reporting back to Parliament on what is needed and what is practical. 
    Wouldn't that result in expulsion from uefa/fifa?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/augustrick/2018/02/12/why-fifa-gives-chinas-government-a-free-pass-to-meddle-in-professional-soccer/

Link added 
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Surprise surprise, I hope Ken Anderson has something nasty happen to him. I say this not the administrator :-)

We are pleased to announce the sale of Bolton Wanderers to Football Ventures (Whites) Limited has been completed.

Joint Administrator, Paul Appleton, said: "This has been one of the most complicated administrations I've been involved with but I'm delighted to say we have finally reached a satisfactory conclusion with the sale to Football Ventures.

"At times, some of the hurdles appeared insurmountable and the frustration felt has been immense, not least by the supporters who have had to endure too many weeks of uncertainty.

"I would like to pay particular tribute to the Eddie Davies Trust and their legal team who, throughout this whole process, have been willing to do everything in their power to ensure Eddie's incredible legacy was maintained and not sullied.

"Even at the 11th hour when other parties were content to renege on their agreements, the Trust realised the very existence of Bolton Wanderers was at stake and were willing to find a compromise to save the club. It is a testament to their unflinching determination to do what was best for Bolton that we are able to complete the deal today.

"The Trust were forced to constantly compromise their position in the face of circumstances and demands which were wholly unreasonable. This says much about their determination not to allow Eddie's beloved Bolton Wanderers to suffer any longer at the hands of Ken Anderson.

"Sadly, Mr Anderson has used his position as a secured creditor to hamper and frustrate any deal that did not benefit him or suit his purposes. Thankfully, with the assistance of the Trust and others, we were able to overcome this obstacle.

"I would especially like to thank both my team and my lawyers who worked around the clock to find solutions to problems which certainly threatened to derail the whole process.

"I have every sympathy for the staff, players and fans who have been forced to stand by while their club was taken to the brink. I am delighted their loyalty, dedication and patience have finally been rewarded.

"Of course, there will be difficult times ahead while the club gets back on its feet but there are too many people with Bolton close to their hearts for it not to be successful once more.

"The EFL and PFA have both played a major part in the club's survival. They have understood the complexities of the process and have stood strong in the fight to save Bolton, helping to drive this deal over the line.

"Now there can be a fresh start with owners who, I believe, will run the club for the good of the supporters and the community as a whole.

"For everything the fans have had to endure, they deserve nothing less."

• Options
    If I were a Bolton fan I'd make life hell for Ken Anderson, if I could.
    Ditto for Steve Dale at Bury.
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    More potentially good news: Sky reporting that the funds to buy Bury are in place and the consortium attempting to take over the club are trying to persuade the EFL to rescind the expulsion. I doubt any member club would deny them. 
    But the EFL might. 
  • Options
    Excellent news.

Now all the big Lancashire clubs - Utd, City, Liverpool, Everton - should get together and loan Bolton some of their talented youngsters and first teamers who they want to loan out so at least Bolton can put out a competitive team for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Let's all remember what makes up the EFL - the clubs themselves! They are meant to be there to administer the competition on behalf of member clubs. So of course they are not fit for purpose as a regulator. And imo, neither is the FA, though somehow that seems to be the policy of the FSA (Football Supporters' Association).

The FSF think the FA should be the regulator? Dear Lord! Oh hang on, "CEO" Kevin Miles.

i think the FAPL and EFL should be disbanded, TV rights negotiated and disbursed by the FA, who would also operate a proper Ownership test and control audit. Crucially all overseen by a properly independent regulator which includes supporter "voices" in its team. Someone like you, for example, Heather :-)

I dont pretend that is easy to enact, but I would like to read a coherent argument as to why this would not be a better structure.
    Whilst I agree those things should happen, but do you realistically ever see turkey's voting for xmas?

Or should we probably be setting more realistic goals?
    Sure, like I said, don't pretend it is easy, but I think you can set realistic goals more effectively if you have a vision for where you want to end up, which for me would be the above structure. 

I suppose that you would start with setting up the regulatory body, which might itself start with reviewing the existing structure and reporting back to Parliament on what is needed and what is practical. 
    Wouldn't that result in expulsion from uefa/fifa?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/augustrick/2018/02/12/why-fifa-gives-chinas-government-a-free-pass-to-meddle-in-professional-soccer/

Link added 
    Glad you added the link, I was stumped for an answer. 
    I really dont think an organisation that was recently raided by the FBI will want to tell the British Parliament that it cannot investigate whether the English league structure acts against the interests of those of citizens whose lives it touches. After all FIFA does not, thankfully, dictate what kind of structure a country adopts. Indeed England is currently the outlier in Europe, I expect FIFA would actually welcome a
    move that brought us closer to the German model.

Mind you, I'd clean out UEFA and FIFA too, but who can do that? They have been allowed to grow beyond the reach of national governments, as have the IOC.

Good news about Bolton and maybe a glimmer for Bury too, anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank fuck for that... Didnt want to lose eitheor!!
  • Options
    Excellent news.

Now all the big Lancashire clubs - Utd, City, Liverpool, Everton - should get together and loan Bolton some of their talented youngsters and first teamers who they want to loan out so at least Bolton can put out a competitive team for the rest of the season.
    They won't loan the best youngsters as they've gone out already, and of course they might not want to go to Bolton without knowing who the manager is and what style of football they will be playing.

Realistically they'll be looking at loans from Championship and L1 sides plus unattached players, of which there will be a few.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So how do we know the new Bolton owners are any better than the previous failures? Dale probably looked nifty on day one too at Bury. Anderson looked great at one point. Don’t really trust the EFL on approving owners.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So how do we know the new Bolton owners are any better than the previous failures? Dale probably looked nifty on day one too at Bury. Anderson looked great at one point. Don’t really trust the EFL on approving owners.
    Dale looked like a lying, cheating bastard from day 1, as did Ken Anderson (just saying).
  • Options
    Same with any takeover these days... We dont
  • Options
    Dale looked like a lying, cheating bastard from day 1, as did Ken Anderson (just saying).
    Kinda like this?

• Options

Everyone connected with #buryfc are delighted for all supporters, staff, players and anyone else associated with Bolton Wanderers that the takeover has been successful #footballfamily 💙
  • Options
    He's an angel by comparison to those two, who seemed hell bent on putting "their" clubs out of business, unless they could make more money by selling.

I don't know how these bottom feeders sleep at night.
  • Options
    He's an angel by comparison to those two, who seemed hell bent on putting "their" clubs out of business, unless they could make more money by selling.

True, if anything Jiminez, Cash and Slater are more akin to the recent Bury and Bolton owners
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Roland Duchatelet fan club.

Anybody who wants to join please contact @Covered End
  • Options

Roland Duchatelet fan club.

Anybody who wants to join please contact @Covered End
    I feel relatively confident that what has been happening at Bury will not happen here under Roland’s current ownership.

like @killerandflash says, I wouldn’t feel I could say that under the previous lot (whoever they were). In fact, given what come out of the Jimenez court case I suspect it could have become a real possibility. 
  • Options
    More money needs to filter down from the FAPL so clubs fixed costs are at least covered.  Then some form of sensible FFP to stop the lobbing of cash at players and then to stop them from being pinched cheaply by the FAPL they need to end EEEP or whatever it is called.
  • Options
    Kinda like this?

Disgusting individual.
  • Options
    Apparently Steve Dale has been involved in 51 businesses in total, and 43 of them have been liquidated...! WTF
    If they are property dealings that's normal...shell companies for each project liquidated on completion.
  • Options
    Any idea how much Bolton went for in the end.....??
  • Options
    Any idea how much Bolton went for in the end.....??
    £10M. Apparently one of the new owners is Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason.
  • Options
    according to talksport now there is a chance for bury, consortium with 7m say they contacted the efl before the deadline and are begging for a chance to get a deal done.