Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adam Matthews - (not yet signed for 20/21)

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Can cover left back as well so with him and Deji as the two defenders the bench we have all bases covered.
  • Can we bring back flags? Pretty please?
  • Oggy Red said:
    Remember Bows will be thinking, the squad isn't just for now but it's for Christmas.

Last season all the way through December and especially during the Christmas games, the already small squad were woefully under strength with injuries to key players - and it affected results, losing 3 games in that period.

Injury, suspension and loss of form are unavoidable. Bowyer won't want to be exposed like that again.

And, there is a reasonable chance we may lose Taylor, Cullen and maybe Field and Leko after Xmas if they are all doing well.
  • Can cover left back as well so with him and Deji as the two defenders the bench we have all bases covered.
    Sneaky dig at Nabs, we would expect nothing less. :-)
  • Can cover left back as well so with him and Deji as the two defenders the bench we have all bases covered.
    Sneaky dig at Nabs, we would expect nothing less. :-)
    Move on
  • SteveGallen says:“There is a will on both sides [with Matthews] to do it. It’s just finding that common ground.”

It seems the club like Matthews  - and Matthews is keen to sign.

He's been on very good money at Sunderland and I doubt we'll match that.
    It seems's about money then or perhaps length of contract?

• Surely he can't be too fussy. it's September and he doesn't have a club. 
    Nothing wrong with trying to get the best deal you can. Will be very surprised if we don't end up signing him though. 

Hopefully the hold up is nothing to do with our squad size and the inability to let 1/2 go out on loan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely he can't be too fussy. it's September and he doesn't have a club. 
    Nothing wrong with trying to get the best deal you can. Will be very surprised if we don't end up signing him though. 

Hopefully the hold up is nothing to do with our squad size and the inability to let 1/2 go out on loan. 
    The likes of Morgan are unlikely to be earning much, I can't see loaning them out or not preventing a first team player from signing.
  • reckon the other option is Jordan Spence
  • Is there even really another RB in the picture? Could be a fake story to try and offer a lower wage. I'd be seriously concerned at this stage looking at players still without a club and not been mentioned before about being on trial.
  • Scoham said:
    Surely he can't be too fussy. it's September and he doesn't have a club. 

The likes of Morgan are unlikely to be earning much, I can't see loaning them out or not preventing a first team player from signing.
    I’m more thinking Roland looking at how many players we have and questioning why we need another one. 
  • IR94 said:
    reckon the other option is Jordan Spence
    I used to rate him and he could cover centre back as well. 

Think I would still prefer Matthews.
  • Richard J said:
    IR94 said:

Jordan Spence, good pedigree, played some Prem games, Championship and League One. Decent experience.

Just curious. Is there any reason why you used to rate him but don't now?

• Spence scored a goal for Ipswich to beat Millwall so like him already.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Richard J said:
    IR94 said:

Jordan Spence, good pedigree, played some Prem games, Championship and League One. Decent experience.

Just curious. Is there any reason why you used to rate him but don't now?

Just concerned that he seemed to lose his way at a very bad Ipswich side. 

Living in East London I saw him play for Orient as a youngster  
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Interesting signing, whether this was written a while ago?

As it does mention Steve Gallen as head of recruitment?
  • Sage said:
    Interesting signing, whether this was written a while ago?

As it does mention Steve Gallen as head of recruitment?
    That's still his title
  • edited September 2019
    Very decent signing. Celtic fans seem to rate him but Sunderland fans seem to think he’s useless, although they’ve said that about 99% percent of their players over the last 3 years. 
  • Decent signing I think. Won't be much, if any, better on free. 
  • Where is the video?