Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Museum Poll

Comments

• LoOkOuT said:
    C — Only because it's 3452 miles away.
    poor excuse
  • There's some good stuff in there - well worth a look. Good also to meet Charlton fans.
  • C - I suppose I don’t know enough about it. Maybe there’s somewhere I should look online but my questions would be how big is it and how long to look around?

Could tell you the exact size but it's not huge.  About the size of a decent pub I guess.

How long it takes to look around depends but I'd say give yourself half an hour at least to see it all properly. 

Open 11 to 1.00 on Saturday matchdays and 11 to 2 on the first Friday of the month.
  • edited September 2019
    LoOkOuT said:
    Agree with Henners poor excuse 😜
  • C, because of distance from where I live (and I'm not currently attending matches at The Valley)
  • It's 100% worth a visit.
    LoOkOuT said:
    That's no excuse.......  ;)
  • Opening hours the issue for me too.
    Could maybe get to Charlton before 1pm on a matchday but there's naff all to do and nowhere to go for 2 hours til the match kicks off, which means none of my matchday crowd will consider coming.
  • Will make a point of having a look round next Saturday game I attend, look forward to it.
  • Opening times for me too, leave home at 11 and am just about getting off at charlton at 1 when it shuts. 
  • shine166 said:
    Opening times for me too, leave home at 11 and am just about getting off at charlton at 1 when it shuts. 
    Maybe get a rattler that gets in at half 12? 

😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Opening hours - difficult to tie in with my current 'timetable'
  • C - I suppose I don’t know enough about it. Maybe there’s somewhere I should look online but my questions would be how big is it and how long to look around?

Could tell you the exact size but it's not huge.  About the size of a decent pub I guess.

How long it takes to look around depends but I'd say give yourself half an hour at least to see it all properly. 

Open 11 to 1.00 on Saturday matchdays and 11 to 2 on the first Friday of the month.
    now that is something I didn't know. I was about to comment that the hours are generally an issue for me but there have been a few times where I probably could have gone but haven't seen a post about it opening until afterwards. that's a less relevant point now that I know the weekday opening isn't, as I thought, a bit random so I may be able to plan a visit
  • Well worth a visit.
  • Until I visited I assumed it was a very small room with, perhaps, a dusty old cupboard. I was very very wrong. It’s a huge place with lots of different exhibits, video room etc etc. The people who run it are always helpful if there’s something you are particularly interested in. I would definitely recommend it. 
  • What is the reason for not opening it closer to kick off or after the final whistle?
  • shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    What is the reason for not opening it closer to kick off or after the final whistle?
    The staff are off rucking with the away fans 
    I’d like to think they’ve got a makros trolley on display in there 
    Could maybe get to Charlton before 1pm on a matchday but there's naff all to do and nowhere to go for 2 hours til the match kicks off, which means none of my matchday crowd will consider coming.
    Same reason for me. I'd love to visit though.
  • edited September 2019
    Has it got a sofa?

No seriously...
  • C for me - I'm rarely at The Valley and timings wouldn't work but I will go one day - want to take the kids around...
  • Sponsored links:

• Has it got a sofa?

No seriously.

.No sofa
    Food and drink after perhaps.
  • C - I would like to go but as I don’t attend matches at the moment (boycotting, though wavering) it’s a long way to go just to visit the museum.
    Food and drink after perhaps.
    Pub 
  • Charlton Museum Poll 192 votes

Visited - Enjoyed it
    30% 58 votes
    Visited - Meh
    1% 3 votes
    Not Visited - But would like to
    62% 120 votes
    Not Visited - Not really interested
    5% 11 votes

Hmm - that missing 2% is Duchatalet, isn't it?
  • C - Opening hours
  • Ashamed to say I haven't been yet but want to. As other have said, opening hours are a bit of a problem but the fact I don't go to many home games doesn't help either.
    Why not use the back entrance, Dave?
  • I really enjoyed my visit when I dragged the family there. @Henry Irvingwas kind enough to open it up for us despite it not being a usual day for the museum being open so they are very accommodating. 
  • MrWalker said:
    Ashamed to say I haven't been yet but want to. As other have said, opening hours are a bit of a problem but the fact I don't go to many home games doesn't help either.
    Why not use the back entrance, Dave?
    https://youtu.be/vCCG2Z9LoVk
  • It's not open at a convenient time for me.