Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Training Ground Plans Submitted

Comments

• Good news but we've been here before.

Meire and Keohane promised to my face that the training would be completed in 2018.

They have shown us photos of the same few trenches time and time again.

When some walls and rooves appear then I'll believe it.

PS. Does planning permission expire after five years?
      I know where you're coming from, but something seems different this time around.
    To me anyway
    Why?
    Sorry wrong person I men Carly Burn?
  • Having read all of this thread I have to admit that.

Nothing has changed. 

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF 
  • edited September 2019
    I have no idea if he is considering actually going ahead with these new plans....if granted that is.
    As I said earlier, just having the planning permission approved will be a good selling point......if that’s a possibility in the future.
    We know well enough by now that it’s a fruitless exercise to try and second guess this bloke.....no one has been able to do it up to now.
  • shine166 said:
    Roland aint going anywhere

This has been obvious for months.
  • Rudders22 said:
    Ok moving on to the house analogy, if you have a 4 bedroom house and gain planning permission to extend & improve to a 5 bedroom house. Then put the house on the market it will be given a higher valuation than it had previously without planning by the agent. 
    I agree. That's logical but we don't know what goes on in Roland's head.

If he is looking to sell why build now?
    He hasn't been able to and it means spending his own money.

Reading between the lines it could be that he is getting itchy feet. Move Gallen "upstairs" to have a proper footballing appointment and then build up the training ground to add value added to that, we have momentum. He saw Sheff Utd, Villa going up, can we get in the next Gallaghers, the Leko's,  etc. Maybe Galllen has sold him the idea of Category 1 and 2 over other clubs and what we could attract with young footballers going forward. 
    The current training ground isn't sustainable. At present he is just passing on a problem to a new owner. But this is the fourth version of the scheme to be submitted since 2012 and none of them has been built out, so let's not get ahead of ourselves...
    Cheers Airman so it is never going to be built. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Ok moving on to the house analogy, if you have a 4 bedroom house and gain planning permission to extend & improve to a 5 bedroom house. Then put the house on the market it will be given a higher valuation than it had previously without planning by the agent. 
    I agree. That's logical but we don't know what goes on in Roland's head.

If he is looking to sell why build now?
    He hasn't been able to and it means spending his own money.

Reading between the lines it could be that he is getting itchy feet. Move Gallen "upstairs" to have a proper footballing appointment and then build up the training ground to add value added to that, we have momentum. He saw Sheff Utd, Villa going up, can we get in the next Gallaghers, the Leko's,  etc. Maybe Galllen has sold him the idea of Category 1 and 2 over other clubs and what we could attract with young footballers going forward. 
    The current training ground isn't sustainable. At present he is just passing on a problem to a new owner. But this is the fourth version of the scheme to be submitted since 2012 and none of them has been built out, so let's not get ahead of ourselves...
    Cheers Airman so it is never going to be built. 
    No....that’s not what Airman is saying and like I also said, no one can second guess this bloke.
  • Good news but we've been here before.

Meire and Keohane promised to my face that the training would be completed in 2018.

It depends. 3 years is standard but it can be longer. You only have to implement the permission though, not complete the development. 
  • edited September 2019
    Jints said:
    Good news but we've been here before.

It depends. 3 years is standard but it can be longer. You only have to implement the permission though, not complete the development. 
    @Jints

for the non-solicitors amongst us what is the distinction between implement and complete?
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks lovely on the plans, I'm all for it.
    Especially as completion date is April 2020.

• Heard a rumour that Roland fell and banged his head, has since been acting rather strangely and suspiciously, people are worried because he’s been well, normal and reasonable...

He ain’t going anywhere now and all the while we are in The Championship and Bowyer keeps on producing the results, Roland is going to be in the background hoping that things work out and he hits the jackpot of some kind.
  • IF , and it's a huge IF, he has seen the light on the road to Damascus ( or maybe Woolwich) & now realises just how many opportunities he's missed over the past 5+ years, and how close we could be to the Land of Milk & Money, surely his first outlay would be on extending Bow's contract.

And IF Stevie G is now Roland's bestie in SE7,  surely this is the most important bit of business he'd be recommending.  
  • Ok moving on to the house analogy, if you have a 4 bedroom house and gain planning permission to extend & improve to a 5 bedroom house. Then put the house on the market it will be given a higher valuation than it had previously without planning by the agent. 
    Not helpful if you've already priced the house at the same value as a street 
  • Jints said:

@Jints

for the non-solicitors amongst us what is the distinction between implement and complete?

“development is taken to be begun on the earliest date on which a material operation is carried out”.  A material operation is defined in the Act and can include any works of construction, demolition, digging foundations, laying out or constructing a road and a material change in the use of the land.

In practice, very minor works are sufficient to commence a planning permission.  These may include pegging out a road or piling.  However, care must be taken to ensure that the works reflect what has actually been approved by the planning permission.

Relevant pre commencement planning conditions have to have been completed though or you could be in breach of the planning by commencing early.  

A trench and tarpaulin may well count as commencement therefore.

• He's staying.
    If he carries on running the club as he has been for the last year and starts to invest in the club's infrastructure as well - we could do a lot worse.
  •  I have no problem with Roland all the while he stays out of it and allows proper football people to pull his strings.

He could have saved himself a lot of grief if he’d done this in the first place.
    He'll always be a........
  • Jints said:

@Jints

Legally speaking, a planning permission is implemented when a "material operation" is carried out on the land relevant to the permission. This can be quite minor - demolition of existing structures, digging holes for foundations as long as relevant to the permission granted. However, most permissions for development of any significance are subject to pre-commencement conditions, so they have to be complied with first. 

Completion doesn't have a particular meaning in planning law but under a standard building contract, it would usually mean that the development is practically complete and can be used subject to snagging etc
  •  I have no problem with Roland all the while he stays out of it and allows proper football people to pull his strings.

He could have saved himself a lot of grief if he’d done this in the first place.
    He'll always be a........
    Belgian? 
  • Addickted said:
    razil said:

not if the work has been started I believe
    A hole in the ground covered with a sheet of tarpaulin, doesn't constitute commencement of a large construction project.
    But it was a house to us.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    razil said:

A hole in the ground covered with a sheet of tarpaulin, doesn't constitute commencement of a large construction project.
    But it was a house to us.......
    You were lucky.
  • I suppose the plans are a great improvement on previous efforts...

• edited September 2019
    Unless we can develop, hold on to and then sell our young talent the club's going nowhere. Fortunately it's in Rolands best interest to make it happen as a successful revenue generating academy will be extremely attractive to potential investors and might just get him his inflated asking price. It's not often Roland's goals and the clubs long term best interests have been so closely aligned.
  • It does suggest more going on in terms of planning generally than most think happens with the skeleton staff the club has. Must be relatively positive. 
  • He's staying.
    If he carries on running the club as he has been for the last year and starts to invest in the club's infrastructure as well - we could do a lot worse.
    Hmm. Not sure I can agree, much as your posts normally make a lot of sense to me. The last year would include the last January window. That nearly derailed us, and for what? Selling a striker to an FAPL club for loose change, without any replacement lined up.

Another window approaches. If we get through that, and Bowyer appears to be OK with what has transpired, then I might agree. Not before, way too premature. We need to sort out judgement from luck.
  • Asking price will now be £120m. 
  • edited September 2019
    I suppose the plans are a great improvement on previous efforts...

I think that was created by @ElfsborgAddick  burrowing his way out of a pub to avoid paying his bar bill.
  • edited September 2019
    Addickted said:
    razil said:

Actually, I think you'll find it does from a planning point of view.
  • This is fake news. A poster on here reassured us time and again that the training ground development was all on schedule years ago. 
  • edited September 2019
    Having read the application, this is not a new scheme. It’s a modest variation to the existing consent. it will certainly get approval because it’s a reduction and the principle of consent is established.

The club has basically removed the living accommodation, which suggests he may have changed his plan to develop young players or at least to have them live on site.

I’m not sure it’s significant. He may just see value in having a smaller scheme ready to go. The revised drawings and application fee won’t be that much.