Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blues fan in peace

2»

Comments

• We're rubbish - just check the current form tables

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=formguide
  • Addickted said:
    We're rubbish - just check the current form tables

All i get from that link is the pleasure of seeing palace in 4th position on current form in the top flight of england ffs
  • iainment said:
    As any club, including ours, Birmingham have good and bad fans. Mostly good. Even Millwall have a few good fans. 
    Also that muppet Jasper Carrott egging them on with a half time pep talk at another game up there didn't help.
    Never met a "good" bluenose personally just violent and/or mouthy arseholes.
    I used to make sweeping generalisations too........ found it so much easier than thinking.
  • I spent a drunken hour with bowyer in Portugal(before he managed us) on a golf trip  and when I described the prick of an owner we had he immediately mentioned Carson Yeung and said what a crank he was .
    Think he said he turned up to the training ground by helicopter once and they all had to line up  in the positions they’d have on the pitch for him ( I was hammered so may have got this mixed up ) 

anyway Stern John in the last last minute play off semi will never be forgotten by this Millwall hater , so I forgive the blues wrongdoings for that great great moment in football ....

we’re due a loss , so you’ve got a chance 
    I’d take a point right here and now 
    I was behind the goal that night, arise Sir Stern!

A shame to be among so many unhappy faces.
  • MrWalker said:
    iainment said:
    As any club, including ours, Birmingham have good and bad fans. Mostly good. Even Millwall have a few good fans. 
    Also that muppet Jasper Carrott egging them on with a half time pep talk at another game up there didn't help.
    I used to make sweeping generalisations too........ found it so much easier than thinking.
    I'm just saying what I've experienced.
    I lived near Birmingham for a year or so and always found Brum fans to be like Millwall. Chippy and aggressive.
    Unlike the Villa or Albion fans.
    So yes it may be a generalisation but based on lived experience.
  • iainment said:
    MrWalker said:
    iainment said:
    I'm just saying what I've experienced.
    I lived near Birmingham for a year or so and always found Brum fans to be like Millwall. Chippy and aggressive.
    Unlike the Villa or Albion fans.
    So yes it may be a generalisation but based on lived experience.
    20,000 plus attendance.
    I felt an elephant's tail once, so I know what they are like.
  • Addickted said:
    We're rubbish - just check the current form tables

All i get from that link is the pleasure of seeing palace in 4th position on current form in the top flight of england ffs
    PosTeamPPtsFAGDSequence
    1 Charlton 25 55 41 14 27  W   W   D   L   D   D   W   D   W   W   D   W   W   W   W   L   W   W   W   W   W   D   D   W   W 

• RedChaser said:
    Ended up in the wrong end at at Brum in the mid to late 60's in the lower tier behind one of the goals. No segregation and got a bag of cold greasy chips on my head as the natives above us got restless prior to kick off. I was lucky it wasn't a bottle as our coach which was parked up the side of a nearby park came under a hail of bricks and stones after the game.

Big Chris Slattery got of the bus to take the w*nkers on but got felled like Goliath and we managed to drag him back on board before making a speedy but draughty getaway with a few windows missing. Think we got tonked 4-0 that day, good job we never won! Millwall of the Midlands for sure 😡.
    Don't you mean 50's?!

I never liked going up there for reasons mentioned as other posts on here.

I have two Birmingham mates who are good lads and we always have a cracking drink in Digbeth before and after the game.  I'll be with them Saturday.
    Good place for a curry...Digbeth.
  • If we win on Saturday, we will go top as Leeds are not playing until Sunday.
    The position isn’t as important as the winning of points at this stage of the season and it sometimes gives an opportunity for complacency to creep in. I’d rather we kept having to prove ourselves for the time being than people sitting up and taking notice because we are sitting on top of the table 
  • Sponsored links:

• Swansea are top not Leeds 
  • oh bugger - I'll get my coat :)
  • Talking about Millwall, I going to the match with one Saturday  :o good fella though, loves a pint and footie. I know a few Lions and their all good but has pointed out they have a fair few clowns as well.  

Well that's well and truly f****d it, cheers mate!
  • RedChaser said:
    Ended up in the wrong end at at Brum in the mid to late 60's in the lower tier behind one of the goals. No segregation and got a bag of cold greasy chips on my head as the natives above us got restless prior to kick off. I was lucky it wasn't a bottle as our coach which was parked up the side of a nearby park came under a hail of bricks and stones after the game.

Big Chris Slattery got of the bus to take the w*nkers on but got felled like Goliath and we managed to drag him back on board before making a speedy but draughty getaway with a few windows missing. Think we got tonked 4-0 that day, good job we never won! Millwall of the Midlands for sure 😡.
    Don't you mean 50's?!

I never liked going up there for reasons mentioned as other posts on here.

I have two Birmingham mates who are good lads and we always have a cracking drink in Digbeth before and after the game.  I'll be with them Saturday.
    I'm going to find all three of you and give you a right good kicking 
    They're from Gloucester, so listen for  the west country accent.

I'll have stepladder with me.
    Do you mean the disgraced former FIFA President will be with you?
  • @Blues1875

Hi mate, do you have a link to a blues forum with a thread about this game? Interested to read some thoughts.

Cheers
  • edited September 2019
    RedChaser said:

Got a feeling that game was early in the 1971-72 season, when I just started travelling on the away coach.

Remember it was a lovely warm sunny afternoon and Charlton completely dominated the 1st half.
    I think Keith Peacock put us 1-0 up and we missed several chances to put the game to bed.

Birmingham came out 2nd half and eventually equalised; and Charlton, in time honoured fashion, seemed to fall apart.
    Lost 4-1 in the end.

Then the coach got bricked. You were one of those who got Chris back on the coach, Red Chaser? He was fuming - if the coach door hadn't been shut, he wanted to jump out and take them on again!

Dear old Chris Slattery, "I'm your 'appy courier". Sleep well, old fella, thanks for the memories.

• Oggy Red said:
    RedChaser said:

Got a feeling that game was early in the 1971-72 season, when I just started travelling on the away coach.

Remember it was a lovely warm sunny afternoon and Charlton completely dominated the 1st half.
    I think Keith Peacock put us 1-0 up and we missed several chances to put the game to bed.

Birmingham came out 2nd half and eventually equalised; and Charlton, in time honoured fashion, seemed to fall apart.
    Lost 4-1 in the end.

Then the coach got bricked. You were one of those who got Chris back on the coach, Red Chaser? He was fuming - if the coach door hadn't been shut, he wanted to jump out and take them on again!

Dear old Chris Slattery, "I'm your 'appy courier". Sleep well, old fella, thanks for the memories.

You might be right @OggyRed although in 1971 I was playing myself most Saturdays. I seem to recall Alan Campbell playing but maybe that was for Brum. Good lad was Chris, I was aware that he had passed on a few years ago, very sad.
  • News about Lyle Taylor injury means Blues' chance has gone through the roof.
  • Let’s wait for confirmation before we wave our little white flags. Besides, Lyle is important but we’re not a one man team.

As was said on the Lyle injury thread, our march towards promotion continues.
  • Sponsored links:

• News about Lyle Taylor injury means Blues' chance has gone through the roof.
    Through the roof? Definitely not. We have Hemed ready to replace him and Aneke as an another option.
  • My attempt to make Birrmingham over-confident - thread started by their fan after all. 
  • RedChaser said:
    Oggy Red said:
    RedChaser said:

Lost 4-1 in the end.

You might be right @OggyRed although in 1971 I was playing myself most Saturdays. I seem to recall Alan Campbell playing but maybe that was for Brum. Good lad was Chris, I was aware that he had passed on a few years ago, very sad.
    Hi Red Chaser .... the reason I thought it was probably 1971: I was just 16 started earning and going on the away coaches for the 1st time so it sticks clearly in the mind. It was very early in the season though, so maybe played just before your Saturday league commenced?

Anyway, everything else you mention matches; also believe you're right about Alan Campbell playing for Brum, after being sold the year before.
    Dear old Big Chris - watched a lot of Charlton games and played a lot of football together in the 70s.

• @Blues1875

Hi mate, do you have a link to a blues forum with a thread about this game? Interested to read some thoughts.

Cheers

Hello mate,

Small Heath Alliance is the one I pop onto occasionally, they will probably have a thread going. Few dicks on there though.
  • As any club, including ours, Birmingham have good and bad fans. Mostly good. Even Millwall have a few good fans

No, he's right.  I know nine of them.  Actually, I know all nine of them.
  • Oggy Red said:
    RedChaser said:

Lost 4-1 in the end.

Probably the sign of the times and my memory is fuddled but I also recall Chris‘s missus receiving a brick/stone to the head as she boarded the coach at Halifax. All kicked off outside the coach. Sorry to go off line for Brum. 

• Solidgone said:
    Oggy Red said:
    RedChaser said:

Lost 4-1 in the end.

Probably the sign of the times and my memory is fuddled but I also recall Chris‘s missus receiving a brick/stone to the head as she boarded the coach at Halifax. All kicked off outside the coach. Sorry to go off line for Brum. 

Was that the Good Friday game at The Shay that we lost 3-0, probably 1973?

That was one game I missed because I was away that Easter, had to keep the then GF sweet.

• Thing is, with Birmingham City sometimes it's peace on but mostly it's peace off.

Sorry.
  • A good day out at the foorball with your pals without even seeing a ball being kicked.