Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - ed. Signs for Birmingham p24

Comments

• Aneke's injury may not be serious, but it is an injury albeit feeling better than it did. DO NOT PLAY  HIM IN A MEANINGLESS FRIENDLY.
  • Roland please sell up, desperate to buy a season ticket. 
    Well just buy one Large, with the best will in the world, your £400 will make eff all difference and if anyone criticises you so what. Do what is right for you.

If you want to be at The Valley do so and if you don't then don't.
    If only it was that easy
    It is. It couldn't be simpler, unless you have personal circumstances we are unaware of.
    Nope, but it’s about principles.
    It's a shame what influence a man of retirement age, living in Belgium has over your life. 
    All the best mate.
    Stating a case to someone that you will not buy his product because of your principles is fine - if he knows about it, and if he cares.
    Of course he knows and cares.

The bloke is obsessed with money.
  • Saw Aneke went straight down the tunnel, was he injured or just in need of a khazi?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Saw Aneke went straight down the tunnel, was he injured or just in need of a khazi?
    Seemed a bizarre substitution - maybe Bowyer had completely lost interest in winning?
  • Surely not , all these lower league players will be gems  on this pathetic budget , we should be grateful to el presidente le helmet 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Saw Aneke went straight down the tunnel, was he injured or just in need of a khazi?
    just been booked
  • Dazzler21 said:
    just been booked
    Forgot about his clumsy tackle.
  • He will do well for us this season I reckon but thought he looked a little heavy and unfit on Saturday so minutes yesterday will do him good
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely not , all these lower league players will be gems  on this pathetic budget , we should be grateful to el presidente le helmet 

Talk about dramatic, give him a chance. Its only a silly cup game which I couldn't give 2 shites about, I will judge him in the games that matter and once he has a bit of game time.
  • Cut the fella some slack, i think he'll be decent, probably thought what on earth am i doing here?

As did many of us who were at the game.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chuks 'Isgutsup?
  • Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Seemed a bizarre substitution - maybe Bowyer had completely lost interest in winning?
    Bizarre substitution? ...... no, don't think so.

In this sort of mid-week fixture, to be subbed after an hour is pretty normal practice if he's recovering match fitness after injury and expected to be involved in the 1st team match on Saturday.

He had just been booked, so almost certainly to protect him as he will be involved in the next league game. 

• Dazzler21 said:

In this sort of mid-week fixture, to be subbed after an hour is pretty normal practice if he's recovering match fitness after injury and expected to be involved in the 1st team match on Saturday.

This. And not claiming any great inside knowledge but apparently 'within the game' there are views about his effectiveness over 90 mins. Given that he and Naby were the only two last night who realistically would have an outside chance of starting on Saturday, it was a pretty predictable substitution even without the yellow. Naby had the cigars out last night so no real need to protect him in the same way. 
  • Beardface said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:

He had just been booked, so almost certainly to protect him as he will be involved in the next league game. 
    Maybe, but I still maintain it was only ever intended he play 60 minutes.

Bowyer does this with players returning from injury needing additional match fitness, when there's a 1st team game a few days later.

• Oggy Red said:
    Beardface said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Maybe, but I still maintain it was only ever intended he play 60 minutes.

Bowyer does this with players returning from injury needing additional match fitness, when there's a 1st team game a few days later.

I read somewhere that LB was going to give Aneke 60 mins, to add to the time he played last Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Always hard to come in at a new club. Add to that he’s not been playing regularly. I’ve seen enough to make me think he’s good enough in glimpses but I suspect he needs a run in the team. Never easy.
  • Always hard to come in at a new club. Add to that he’s not been playing regularly. I’ve seen enough to make me think he’s good enough in glimpses but I suspect he needs a run in the team. Never easy.
    To be fair Bowyer was highlighting that he doesn't think Chuks is a No 9, which wasn't his position at MKD. On Saturday he did seem quite dangerous steaming in from a slightly deeper position though
  • Charltons version of Yaya Toure?

• Scoham said:
    Page's 2-3 weeks is already 8.
  • Hopefully not a long term injury. He obviously wasn't about to start for us Saturday, real shame how things have gone. 
  • Just wondered where he fits in now. Bowyer has said he doesn't see him as a striker but there are seemingly too many midfield options for him to be considered there. Think he'll have to be used up front, especially if Hemed doesn't end up performing. Obviously assuming he's fit to play.