Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ireland v England 1995

These pictures came up on my facebook feed, are they Charlton fans flags at the front?

Comments

• looks like daz 

My Mrs was at the game with her dad would of only been 5/6 at the time, the england fans that night - certainly didn't cover themselves in glory rumours that a load of combat 18 lads ( pricks ) jumped on the bandwagon. 

of course was at the height of the troubles and so a lot of that influenced behavour im sure. 
  • The little lad in this link became pretty famous in Ireland as his picture was splashed all over the press the next day.  

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/ireland-v-england-the-unfriendly-friendly-match-of-1995-334727.html
  • looks like daz 

My Mrs was at the game with her dad would of only been 5/6 at the time, the england fans that night - certainly didn't cover themselves in glory rumours that a load of combat 18 lads ( pricks ) jumped on the bandwagon. 

of course was at the height of the troubles and so a lot of that influenced behavour im sure. 
    What about the other St.Georges flag? Does that say Greenwich?
  • The DA7 flag says THFC doesn't it?
  • I was there that night , the organisation was a shambles no segregation no stewards or police. The press before the game were trying to get england fans to pose with there fists clenched, the start of the trouble was set to start when a group of english/ northern ireland fans behind the goal held up 1 hand with a red glove on
  • Even still throwing broken chairs into kids and families underneath is wanker behaviour. 
  • I would say that says "DAZ" not "DA7"
  • Members of the organisation include known football hooligans and groups. The most high-profile incident involving Combat 18 members in football came on 15 February 1995, when violence broke out in the stands at Lansdowne Road in the international friendly between the Republic of Ireland and England. There was also taunting of "No Surrender To The IRA" aimed at Irish fans. The violence was so bad that the match had to be abandoned.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2019
    Chucking metal brackets from the wooden benches down on fans.  The boat over was an asbsolute mess, england fans fighting each other out of their nuts.  Must have been quite an experience.  Just remember watching on the telly feeling gutted.  But some of them were in a poor way on the boat back. 

"Fraser tells a similar story. "The detective that came to interview me in the hospital told me the England fans had been served," he says. "The riot police contained them in the top corner and then they baton-charged them well out of public view and gave them a right going over. I had no issue with that."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/25/england-ireland-1995-rioting-international

• edited September 2019
    Was this a friendly or a competitive match?. If so, how did this match ever get the go ahead to be played? 
  • I wasn’t at this one by was there in 91 for the European championship qualifier when it kicked off in O’Connell St after the game. 

We got locked in a cinema while it was all going on outside. @Les Berrys Tash didn’t quite make it in before they shut the doors and he was stuck outside against the glass door with punches and kicks flying everywhere while we were on the other side trying hard not to laugh at him (he was fine and don’t think he even took one meaningful hit).

The IRA thing was/is always going to be at the forefront for some idiots when we play them. If I remember rightly, they didn’t play GSTQ when the teams lined up which caused a bit of a flashpoint before the game.
  • We were located in the lower tier after helping an  older couple with 2 teenage children over the side we got out ourselves. The police lined up outside and battered all the england fans in the top tier and then put them on trains straight back to the port. On the tuesday night northerners were mobbed up looking to batter any londoners they could find.
  • Dion Fanning, now football correspondent of the Sunday Independent in Ireland, was three blocks across from the England fans. "I remember a fight breaking out outside the ground and a guy just standing outside chanting 'Millwall' and looking for trouble"
  • I wasn’t at this one by was there in 91 for the European championship qualifier when it kicked off in O’Connell St after the game. 

We got locked in a cinema while it was all going on outside. @Les Berrys Tash didn’t quite make it in before they shut the doors and he was stuck outside against the glass door with punches and kicks flying everywhere while we were on the other side trying hard not to laugh at him (he was fine and don’t think he even took one meaningful hit).

The IRA thing was/is always going to be at the forefront for some idiots when we play them. If I remember rightly, they didn’t play GSTQ when the teams lined up which caused a bit of a flashpoint before the game.
    Apparently '91 than '95.
  • Ireland had just scored and England had an equaliser ruled out a few minutes later.  That’s when it all kicked off.  Love how these guys are so precious about God Save the Queen one minute, but then chanting Sieg Heil and giving Nazi salutes the next!
  • Dion Fanning, now football correspondent of the Sunday Independent in Ireland, was three blocks across from the England fans. "I remember a fight breaking out outside the ground and a guy just standing outside chanting 'Millwall' and looking for trouble"
    Day waz all Wall sun...
  • England v  ROI at Wembley when Keegan scored two ,both sets of fans all round the place no issues but then you herd "IRA,IRA" right up in the top section tunnel end.Whole place went quiet ,then it kicked off.Plod trying to stop hundreds getting to the section doing that chanting and people turning on totaly innocent Irish peeps wearing their colours----- nasty scenes .

• TelMc32 said:
    Ireland had just scored and England had an equaliser ruled out a few minutes later.  That’s when it all kicked off.  Love how these guys are so precious about God Save the Queen one minute, but then chanting Sieg Heil and giving Nazi salutes the next!
    She is German.
  • Sponsored links:

• England v  ROI at Wembley when Keegan scored two ,both sets of fans all round the place no issues but then you herd "IRA,IRA" right up in the top section tunnel end.Whole place went quiet ,then it kicked off.Plod trying to stop hundreds getting to the section doing that chanting and people turning on totaly innocent Irish peeps wearing their colours----- nasty scenes .

I was at this game, don’t remember there being any trouble.
  • edited September 2019
    worst ive seen at Wembley easily(inside the ground) 
  • worst ive seen at Wembley easily(inside the ground) 
    Turkey in 2003 at Stadium of Light was probably the worst in recent memory at a home match.