Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statbank: Wigan 2-0 Charlton

thanks to the 27 Lifers who gave marks:

Comments

• As usual LL, very informative, found the spotlight section very interesting. It seems weird but both the last two games, we have had most possession but still lost.
  • Possession? - not sure that it is indicative of good play. For example if a team keep passing across the defence in their own half it is possession but so what, I'd rather have less possession but in the attacking half, but on the other had if we have the ball then they don't - mmm?
  • Possession? - not sure that it is indicative of good play. For example if a team keep passing across the defence in their own half it is possession but so what, I'd rather have less possession but in the attacking half, but on the other had if we have the ball then they don't - mmm?
    That is the way Pep managed Barcelona, and who can argue with that?, but I do agree possession is not an indication of success
  • Pearce's average benefited by not playing on Saturday!

4 shots, 3 off target. That's something that Lockyer does need to improve on as 2 of those chances were gilt edged (and right in front of where I was sitting!), something highlighted by the fact that both Wigan goals came from a centre back