Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking

Swansea City fan here in peace.  Mrs L, me and our son are attending the game next week and looking forward to our first visit to your ground.

We live near Bromley but I'm not familiar with the Charlton area. We intend to drive and I was wondering if any of you good folks could suggest where we might park the car. Quite happy to walk 15 mins or so. Any suggestions appreciated!

Any pubs around the ground for away fans?

Thank you in anticipation!

Comments

• Canberra Road Charlton, then walk through the park down to the ground.
  • Thanks very much.
  • The Mumbles......then walk! B)
  • park anywhere around Victoria Way / top of Wellington Gardens (outside of the controlled parking Zone) and you'll be alright and the right side of the ground to get away and back to Bromley
  • Told you they all live in London (Kent)! ;)
  • Anywhere behind Charlton Park plenty of street parking,10 min walk
  • Swansea as a city, hard by the wonderful Gower peninsular, is fantastic. It has a district called Sketty which by name alone is brilliant, but it is also where the great poet Dylan Thomas grew up, and Edgar Evans a brave guy from Captain Scott expedition fame is from Rhossili.
    Great sporting city is Swansea.
  • Worth noting back in the Prem days that loads of cars on that road used to get broken into whilst the game was on. Not sure if this is the case now, but worth a heads up! 
  • For an away fan you’d be better parking around the Victoria Way / Tallis Grove area. Some of the other suggestions suit being on the other side of the ground.

no away pubs in the area now. If you want a pub you’re best parking at Greenwich, Maze Hill etc drinking there and jumping on the train a couple of stops
  • Sponsored links:

• legoman said:
    Swansea City fan here in peace.  Mrs L, me and our son are attending the game next week and looking forward to our first visit to your ground.

We live near Bromley but I'm not familiar with the Charlton area. We intend to drive and I was wondering if any of you good folks could suggest where we might park the car. Quite happy to walk 15 mins or so. Any suggestions appreciated!

Any pubs around the ground for away fans?

Thank you in anticipation!

Residents parking only bays are free after 6.30pm.
  • Thanks to all for the advice. 

SoundAsa£ seems like you may be familiar with Swansea.  Gower peninsula is a magical place and I would recommend it to any of you guys to visit if you can.  We host you on 1/1 so perhaps that's not ideal!

ForeverAddickted - ha ha!  No offence taken my friend, nothing wrong with a bit of banter!

seth plum yes Sketty is close to where I used to live and its a bit untidy at the moment.  Rhossili however is spectacular and well worth a visit.

robroy thanks for the warning - which roads are you referring to?

AFKABartram Looks like we'll have to forego a pre match beer then unless there is a bar at the ground for away supporters?

Anyway here's to a good game next week, and for the avoidance of doubt we don't care if you call us sheepsh**ers!

All the best to you

• If you're well behaved (and the accent isnt too strong), you'll be ok in the Rose of Denmark.
  • If you're well behaved (and the accent isnt too strong), you'll be ok in the Rose of Denmark.
    On the Woowhich Rd with a small car park which you may be able to get in if you get there early enough, but you cant drink there after the game
  • You should be able to get in the White Swan or The Bugle in Charlton Village if you aren't wearing colours and profess to being home fans if asked. 
  • sorry if theres a newer thread - have the new parking restrictions come in yet around the ground please anyone?
  • razil said:
    sorry if theres a newer thread - have the new parking restrictions come in yet around the ground please anyone?
    No.
  • razil said:
    sorry if theres a newer thread - have the new parking restrictions come in yet around the ground please anyone?
    No.
    thanks
  • I'm coming up for the game on Saturday and will be driving due to rail strikes.  I haven't been since BC (before covid),  can I still park down near the Thames Barrier? 
  • As long as you wear a mask
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2022
    If you're well behaved (and the accent isnt too strong), you'll be ok in the Rose of Denmark.
    A sign outside now says a season ticket or match ticket must be shown.
  • Wilma said:
    I'm coming up for the game on Saturday and will be driving due to rail strikes.  I haven't been since BC (before covid),  can I still park down near the Thames Barrier? 
    Spaces usually full by 1.30pm