Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bonne abuse? (Ed. Leeds player investigated for racism against Leko)

edited October 2019 in General Charlton
just read a post on a Leeds forum suggesting Bonne was verbally abused and it is being looked into. Not sure if fans or player abuse but I never seen anything. Maybe bollocks? 

Comments

• valleyfan said:
    just read a post on a Leeds forum suggesting Bonne was verbally abused and it is being looked into. Not sure if fans or player abuse but I never seen anything. Maybe bollocks? 
    Link?
  • Nug said:
    He and Leko were very animated towards the ref at one point, looked like they were saying something about their keeper, no idea if it was related. I was sitting in front of Bonnes parents at the game, to say they were delighted when he got awarded the goal is an understatement. What a great moment for them all.
    I noticed that. Something seemed to happen whilst Leko was stood next to the keeper at one of our corners. Guessing their keeper said something? 
  • What you doing reading Leeds forums ??
    You dont know what you are missing!
  • Strange comment from Macauley Bonne. He was asked if he thought Leeds were a "fair team." Said yes but then added that there was something which happened today "which I won't mention" and which will come out later. Bowyer says he doesn't know what Bonne is referring too.

• I wonder if this was related to something 2nd half when a couple of charlton players said something to ref. Ref went over to leeds bench. Said something to them and took no action. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    I wonder if this was related to something 2nd half when a couple of charlton players said something to ref. Ref went over to leeds bench. Said something to them and took no action. 
    He spent most the time being speaking to Leko. It was very strange that he stopped the game to speak to Leko, and then their bench before the corner was taken. 
  • Not totally related but a group of 8 Leeds fans confronted my girlfirend, completely unprovoked, and shouted racist and derogatory terms in her face 
  • Sponsored links:

• That’s disgusting. Sorry to hear that. 
  • @follett that’s dreadful, hope she’s good and isn’t put off going to footy by those Neanderthals 
  • edited September 2019
    Isn't it sad. Abuse like that is awful.
  • Very sorry to hear that @follett

They are low life’s mate
  • follett said:
    Not totally related but a group of 8 Leeds fans confronted my girlfirend, completely unprovoked, and shouted racist and derogatory terms in her face 
    Sorry to hear that mate, hope she isn't too traumatised by the incident.
  • Sponsored links:

• There was a clear moment when Bonne and Leko spoke to the ref when there was a pause in play second half. A Leeds player lurked around the conversation. The ref then went to the sidelines near the Leeds staff, maybe the fourth official too. It was brief, the ref returned and the game restarted.
    At the time my first thought was it is to do with verbals, because there was no action to relate it to.
    Short of a recording device I don't know if the story will develop at all.
    @follett I am sorry by the way for your experience.
  • follett said:
    Not totally related but a group of 8 Leeds fans confronted my girlfirend, completely unprovoked, and shouted racist and derogatory terms in her face 

Really shocked to hear this. Anywhere near some CCTV? I'd love them to be named and shamed.

Hope she's OK.

• Travelled from London bridge with some Leeds(fans) some were real scum and the women were worst and that was before the game
    Never mind 3 points to us says more than a thousand of their vile words ever will
  • Travelled from London bridge with some Leeds(fans) some were real scum and the women were worst and that was before the game
    Never mind 3 points to us says more than a thousand of their vile words ever will
    I honestly feel like the north of England is a completely separate country most of the time. 
  • Sad that idiots like this still exist. Ban them from anywhere decent people go to stop them ruining the day of people that don't deserve to hear their warped views.
  • follett said:
    Atrocious! Full support to your girlfriend. Tell her to remember that racists are a tiny minority. 
  • se9addick said:
    Travelled from London bridge with some Leeds(fans) some were real scum and the women were worst and that was before the game
    I honestly feel like the north of England is a completely separate country most of the time. 
    It might be, soon
  • follett said:
    That's utterly atrocious and completely unacceptable.  I hope your girlfriend gives careful consideration to reporting this to the police.  I hope they get their collars' felt.  
  • We are in a lucky position that my dad was actually policing the game. The abuse  happened about 5 mins walk from the ground. My initial thought was to get her away from the situation and by the time I’d rang him up and he planned to send officers down, they’d darted off unfortunately.