Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City | Wednesday 3 October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• the way we are playing and yes, the good fortune we are getting (our efforts deserve all the luck that's going) we can win this as well .. always nice to beat the welsh, though I dare say we have more Dai Bachs in the team than they do .. the squad is now strong enough to allow for any 'rest time' that Bowyer & Co think is appropriate .. even so, be good to see as few changes as possible

CAFC 2 v Swansea City 0
  • Sage said:
    How come we play Wednesdays  now instead of Tuesdays
    Half play on Tuesday, half on Wednesday.

For the first half of the season we are playing our midweek games on the Wednesday. In the new year, we will be playing our midweek games on a Tuesday.
    We play Luton in November and Huddersfield in December on Tuesday nights - Just weird how they've split it this season
  • Can you get this on sky go?
    Nope cant get the red button via SKY Go I'm afraid

You can pay £10 (£5 if you have a VPN) for ValleyPass coverage
  • 2-0. Nice relaxing last 5 minutes for a change!!
  • I'd rest solly and consider resting naby for Pearce..I think pratley is crucial to the team ...wizard of oz in for joniesta..I'd keep bonne in the side ..he deserves his place after Saturday...the substitutions will be very important with the Fulham game coming up quickly after ...I'd take a draw but let's never underestimate this team under the God that is LB

Thanks. Annoying. Maybe I'll try and find a stream. Or a pub.
  • SamB09 said:
    Will this be on now tv or valley pass?
    Red button on sky 
    http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1002633757?-11197:833
  • Oshilaja in for Solly would be my only change. Oztumer in for William's if injured. 

0-2.
  • SamB09 said:
    Red button on sky 
    Showing my ignorance here.

My wife can't get to the game with me on Wednesday but can get home in time to watch it on TV. We have Sky Sports. How does the red button coverage work? Do you go on to channel 403 where the featured game is Luton v Millwall and then the other games on red button are accessed from there? 
  • I don't have Sky or a button of any colour and it's too late for me to wait up for the I-Follow five quid special.

Despite the superb results, great team effort and strong start, I still don't think we are clicking properly in midfield.

I would try dropping to one striker and having more numbers in the middle with maybe Williams or Oztumer in a free role. 

Think we will grind out a bore draw on this one.

0-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swansea have a lot of height in their side - 2 CB's 6ft3 & 6ft4 and a striker 6ft3 - i've been a bit concerned all season how we would cope against teams like Cardiff , Sheff Weda and WBA  so my question will be answered Wednesday night ...
  • edited October 2019
    razil said:
    Is it possible to schedule to record off the red button on sky Q please?
    Don’t think so mate 
    I thought not too, just tried it by selecting the game on wednesday which is shown as the Spanners and lo and behold you can select the Charlton game to record. It wasn’t allowing that earlier in the week.
  • I don't have Sky or a button of any colour and it's too late for me to wait up for the I-Follow five quid special.

Despite the superb results, great team effort and strong start, I still don't think we are clicking properly in midfield.

I would try dropping to one striker and having more numbers in the middle with maybe Williams or Oztumer in a free role. 

Think we will grind out a bore draw on this one.

0-0.
    If the game is too late for you, you can watch later on Valley Pass.
  • I can see us being picked off 0-2 in this one. It would be great if the lads could replicate Saturday's achievement but Sat/Tue home wins are a rare thing for Charlton (or at least they seem to be). 
  • Dull 0 - 0 draw
  • SamB09 said:
    Red button on sky 

My wife can't get to the game with me on Wednesday but can get home in time to watch it on TV. We have Sky Sports. How does the red button coverage work? Do you go on to channel 403 where the featured game is Luton v Millwall and then the other games on red button are accessed from there? 
    Yes. 
  • Hopefully Matthews is fit enough for a start as I fear if we continue playing Purrington with an injury he'll end up out for longer. 

Thanks. Annoying. Maybe I'll try and find a stream. Or a pub.
    Because its on SKY you'll probably be able to find something
  • Simonsen said:
    I can see us being picked off 0-2 in this one. It would be great if the lads could replicate Saturday's achievement but Sat/Tue home wins are a rare thing for Charlton (or at least they seem to be). 
    Just as well we are playing Sat/Wed then!  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Any result possible, any performance possible. Looking forward to this game without any idea what to expect.
  • edited October 2019
    clive said:
    According to that article we are playing tonight!!!!!!

Charlton Athletic will be without Tomer Hemed, Beram Kayal and Lyle Taylor for tonight’s home game against Swansea City.

• Talal said:
    SamB09 said:
    Red button on sky 

Yes. 
    Thanks Talal.
  • Conceding just over half a goal a game at the valley means we never have to score many to get a result. As goals are hard to come by this has another hard fought 1-0 written all over it. A win will mean we can go top Saturday in the early game. Someone said after a few games you can’t tell anything about the league until 10 games are played. With a following wind, we could be top.
  • I'd like to see

Phillips
    Solly, Lockyer, Sarr, Purrington
    Pratley
    Cullen, Gallagher
    Oztumer
    Bonne, Aneke

Subs: 
    Amos, Oshilaja, Pearce, Field, Forster-Caskey, Williams, Leko

2-0

I don't know if this is how we will line up, but I think Aneke could be a good foil dor Bonne, he's big and strong and should be able to win some flick ons for Bonne to work off of. 

I expect to see something like this to once again nullify the width of a better side:
    Yep a flat 4-4-2 that can switch up to a 4-4-2 diamond, where Pratley can drop deep and allow Gallagher and Cullen to marshall midfield and Oztumer to push forward to support Leko and Bonne. I think Williams will need the rest and I want to see more of Ozzy, so there's a touch of hope in there. 

Phillips
    Oztumer, Pratley, Cullen, Gallagher
    Bonne, Leko

Subs: Amos, Oshilaja, Pearce, Field, Forster-Caskey, Williams, Aneke

1-1
  • edited October 2019
    I'm going for:

Phillips
    Oshilaja | Lockyer | Pearce | Matthews
    Cullen | Field | Gallagher
    Oztumer
    Bonne | Leko
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'd like to see

Phillips
    Pratley
    Cullen, Gallagher
    Oztumer
    Bonne, Aneke

Subs: 

2-0

I don't know if this is how we will line up, but I think Aneke could be a good foil dor Bonne, he's big and strong and should be able to win some flick ons for Bonne to work off of. 

I expect to see something like this to once again nullify the width of a better side:
    Yep a flat 4-4-2 that can switch up to a 4-4-2 diamond, where Pratley can drop deep and allow Gallagher and Cullen to marshall midfield and Oztumer to push forward to support Leko and Bonne. I think Williams will need the rest and I want to see more of Ozzy, so there's a touch of hope in there. 

Phillips
    Bonne, Leko

1-1
    I really like that first line up, would probably rest Solly and play Oshilaja at RB as he was very good there in the games he's played. It lets Solly rest for another big game on Saturday. Potientially rest Pratley for Saturday too and play Field
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'd like to see

Phillips
    Pratley
    Cullen, Gallagher
    Oztumer
    Bonne, Aneke

Subs: 

2-0

Phillips
    Bonne, Leko

1-1
    I really like that first line up, would probably rest Solly and play Oshilaja at RB as he was very good there in the games he's played. It lets Solly rest for another big game on Saturday. Potientially rest Pratley for Saturday too and play Field
    With 3 games in a week we will need some 'squad rotation' and the massive effort on Saturday adds another dimension to that.

That said, fitness issues permitting, I think there is more chance of a positive result under the lights at The Valley rather than away at Fulham where we never seem to get much. For that reason I'd play the available key players tomorrow and rest or bench them for Saturday but in Bowyer we trust.
  • agree with Len, go for the win tomorrow, Saturday is a 'free hit' in my opinion then.

Can't believe those who don't have Leko in their starting line up