Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City | Wednesday 3 October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• 1 -1 Draw, 3 changes from Saturday's starting 11 , Gallagher with our goal , from a free kick.
  • I don't mean to be critical of any of these suggested line-ups, but I for one really don't like right backs playing out of position at left back.
    Okay if needs must, but it doesn't inspire me with confidence.
  • I don't mean to be critical of any of these suggested line-ups, but I for one really don't like right backs playing out of position at left back.
    Only suggesting Matthews out there because of needs must

Alternative is we lose Purrington the same way we lost Page last season
    No one does, but keep playing Purrington with an injury and we might have to rely on an out of position player for longer. 

I think if push comes to shove I would prefer Naby out there, rather than Matthews who hasn't played a single game or settled into the team debuting at left back.

Put Osi out there as he has played left back before.
  • Redrobo said:
    I don't mean to be critical of any of these suggested line-ups, but I for one really don't like right backs playing out of position at left back.

Put Osi out there as he has played left back before.
    Matthews has played left back for Sunderland. 
  • Well the Mrs has agreed to let littleun come with me tonight, so hoping her never seen us lose in the league yet run continues...2-1 to LB’sRnW Army

Pratley & Aneke

Cmon U Addicks...!!!

I think if push comes to shove I would prefer Naby out there, rather than Matthews who hasn't played a single game or settled into the team debuting at left back.

Quite like the idea of that, thought Naby was excellent in the last game.... even though I did call him a complete liability before the start of the season lol
  • Naby at LB is a good shout. Think this is the sort of game you want Pearce for too so that works well. I think its important we give Purrington the time off to rest not only for him lasting the season but he will be important on saturday as will have to mark Knockeart who has been in very good form of late.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2019
    Well the Mrs has agreed to let littleun come with me tonight, so hoping her never seen us lose in the league yet run continues...2-1 to LB’sRnW Army

Pratley & Aneke

Cmon U Addicks...!!!
    My first thought when I read that was how magical the night games seemed to be when I was a kid (it was the first one I went to that got me hooked on charlton even though I’d been along to plenty of Saturday afternoon ones already) and I couldn’t wait for them to come around. Then I thought how in recent seasons I’ve had to drag myself down the valley for some midweek games but how much I’m looking forward to them once again. LB’s red army...
  • Lots of different ways to approach the game tonight. I have no idea what Bowyer's plan will be, which is great as nor will Swansea!
  • Lots of different ways to approach the game tonight. I have no idea what Bowyer's plan will be, which is great as nor will Swansea!
    That is what I liked about Robinson, he told everyone before the game, the team he was playing and the tactics he will use, brilliant?  :)
  • Can you get this on sky go?
    Nope cant get the red button via SKY Go I'm afraid

You can pay £10 (£5 if you have a VPN) for ValleyPass coverage
    Thanks. Annoying. Maybe I'll try and find a stream. Or a pub.

Do you have the Sky Sports app?

I'm pretty certain you can watch the game on there.

• Belv said:
    Can you get this on sky go?
    Nope cant get the red button via SKY Go I'm afraid

You can pay £10 (£5 if you have a VPN) for ValleyPass coverage
    Thanks. Annoying. Maybe I'll try and find a stream. Or a pub.

Do you have the Sky Sports app?

I'm pretty certain you can watch the game on there.

Thanks
  • ross1 said:
    It's only a trailer to get you to subscribe to Valley Pass.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'd like to see

Phillips
    Solly, Lockyer, Sarr, Purrington
    Pratley
    Cullen, Gallagher
    Oztumer
    Bonne, Aneke

Subs: 
    Amos, Oshilaja, Pearce, Field, Forster-Caskey, Williams, Leko

2-0

I don't know if this is how we will line up, but I think Aneke could be a good foil dor Bonne, he's big and strong and should be able to win some flick ons for Bonne to work off of. 

I expect to see something like this to once again nullify the width of a better side:
    Yep a flat 4-4-2 that can switch up to a 4-4-2 diamond, where Pratley can drop deep and allow Gallagher and Cullen to marshall midfield and Oztumer to push forward to support Leko and Bonne. I think Williams will need the rest and I want to see more of Ozzy, so there's a touch of hope in there. 

Phillips
    Solly, Lockyer, Sarr, Purrington
    Oztumer, Pratley, Cullen, Gallagher
    Bonne, Leko

Subs: Amos, Oshilaja, Pearce, Field, Forster-Caskey, Williams, Aneke

1-1
    Like that first one alot.

Be good to see Oztumer running off any flick ons or if the balls being held up by Mt.Chucks then getting into the box!
    Mt.Chuks... I like that a lot!
  • If everyone could get the train/walk tonight, that'd be most appreciated. Fed up with this traffic after matches. Very selfish of you all
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2019
    If everyone could get the train/walk tonight, that'd be most appreciated. Fed up with this traffic after matches. Very selfish of you all
    If everyone could drive tonight, that'd be most appreciated. Fed up with the queues outside Charlton station. Very selfish of you all
  • edited October 2019
    No idea with this one? Swansea do not concede many and are very quick. Could be a low scoring match or perhaps against current form a thrilling goal feast? I will take the latter, 3-3.
  • Solly needs to be rested for Saturday as Knockaert has been Fulham's best player this season also Pearce coming in at CB and Naby switching to LB gives us extra height at the back.  Oz for Willo  makes sense with Willo off the bench for final 20-25 mins if needed.  Can never predict Bowyers team selection there is always a surprise ...
    Will he happy with a draw ...
  • No idea with this one? Swansea do not concede many and are very quick. Could be a low scoring match or perhaps against current form a thrilling goal feast? I will take the latter, 3-3.
    Their 3 scores
    0-1
    0-0
    1-1

Our last 3 scores
    0-1
    0-2
    1-0

I predict 5-5  :)
  • What with the shitty day I’ve had, just to round it off we’re bound to lose 
  • ross1 said:
    It's only a trailer to get you to subscribe to Valley Pass.
    I know, but some may be interested
  • No idea with this one? Swansea do not concede many and are very quick. Could be a low scoring match or perhaps against current form a thrilling goal feast? I will take the latter, 3-3.
    Their 3 scores
    0-1
    0-0
    1-1

Our last 3 scores
    0-1
    0-2
    1-0

I predict 5-5  :)
    Football averages 2.7 ish goals a game (depending on league) so logic says we’ll run into a goal fest at some point to even it all out.

I don’t care, as long as we win!