Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Museum open today (Friday) as well as Sunday

edited November 2019 in General Charlton
@charltonnick just can't stay away from those programmes.

As it's the first Friday of the month we open today 1 November from 11 to 2.30.

And AFTER Preston for an hour.

Comments

• What a lovely ornament that is. Would look great above my fireplace :)
  • Not for sale but you can have you photo taken with it when you visit today or Sunday.

Some prefer the playoff trophy
  • Gonna try & get there today. Will bring scrapbook. Baring in mind I work for Greenwich council, it should never be a problem for visit. But all my work seems to be in sunny Eltham. I'm off work today & am looking forward to seeing museum.
  • We'll be there 11ish.
  • Might pop down today. 
  • @charltonnick will be waiting to say hello
  • We will be open tomorrow for an hour straight after the game. We have a few more signed Patrick Bauer pictures which will be available in the museum.
  • Do u have any other items for sale?? Books etc
  • Will this be the plan for the early KO's against Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday?

Feel bad about not coming along to the Museum after todays game as said Id be more than interested in making the effort should opening times be more accessible (which you have done) - Unfortunately I've got plans this afternoon / evening) so have to head off straight away
  • Went Friday & all I can say, it's an aladdins cave of everything I/we love as fans. My 10 year enjoyed it, unfortunately my 1 year was kicking off when we got engrossed reading something. So can't wait to get back (minus baby). All I hope is when the new owners eventually arrive, that they embrace the museum & give up a massive area to put everything out. Well worth a visit. Was well impressed with the amount of pics from the 'Sunday fans volunteer clear up' before the return to the valley. Also mentioned to the guy, I would look for the blue away kit I might have from season 85-86 in the loft.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2019
    Went Friday & all I can say, it's an aladdins cave of everything I/we love as fans. My 10 year enjoyed it, unfortunately my 1 year was kicking off when we got engrossed reading something. So can't wait to get back (minus baby). All I hope is when the new owners eventually arrive, that they embrace the museum & give up a massive area to put everything out. Well worth a visit. Was well impressed with the amount of pics from the 'Sunday fans volunteer clear up' before the return to the valley. Also mentioned to the guy, I would look for the blue away kit I might have from season 85-86 in the loft.
    We desperately need kit from this era!

Glad you liked it though - a lot of fans, not just us trustee's have put a lot of time into this project and the exciting bit is - this is only the beginning!

• cafc999 said:
    Went Friday & all I can say, it's an aladdins cave of everything I/we love as fans. My 10 year enjoyed it, unfortunately my 1 year was kicking off when we got engrossed reading something. So can't wait to get back (minus baby). All I hope is when the new owners eventually arrive, that they embrace the museum & give up a massive area to put everything out. Well worth a visit. Was well impressed with the amount of pics from the 'Sunday fans volunteer clear up' before the return to the valley. Also mentioned to the guy, I would look for the blue away kit I might have from season 85-86 in the loft.

Glad you liked it though - a lot of fans, not just us trustee's have put a lot of time into this project and the exciting bit is - is this is only the beginning!

Can you put a pic up of kits that you are missing and would want ,  I’m sure I would have some kits from around that time 
  • Do u have any other items for sale?? Books etc
    Yes, lots of different books. Will get a list when on PC
  • Will this be the plan for the early KO's against Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday?

Feel bad about not coming along to the Museum after todays game as said Id be more than interested in making the effort should opening times be more accessible (which you have done) - Unfortunately I've got plans this afternoon / evening) so have to head off straight away
    Yes, the plan is to be open after both those games
  • edited November 2019
    @I_RiserAddick

Had a quick look through your scrapbook on Sunday, loved it.

Glad you enjoyed the museum and do come back again but only if you bring that shirt : - )
  • cafc999 said:

Glad you liked it though - a lot of fans, not just us trustee's have put a lot of time into this project and the exciting bit is - is this is only the beginning!

Can you put a pic up of kits that you are missing and would want ,  I’m sure I would have some kits from around that time 

These are some of the shirts we urgently need
  • Are you gonna be open after the 12:30 Saturday games this month?
    Couldn't stick around yesterday cos my lift had to get gone.
    Can't get to regular Saturdays cos of the 2 hour interval before the game.

• I’ve been to my basement and I’ve got these 3 obviously not in great nick .

Red Osca one is child size 26-28 inches has some blue tack on it where previously stuck on a wall .

blue Osca size 34-36 inches 

Adidas Medium 97-102cm

what would they be used for? 

• I'd happily pay for that adidas one!
  • I'm not selling them , just wanna check the museum want to use them for displaying not selling .
  • Sponsored links:

• I know mate, was just jesting....I've got the 81/82 adidas yellow away one at home.

to be honest I'd like any of those pictured above.
  • I'm not selling them , just wanna check the museum want to use them for displaying not selling .
    We would be only to happy to take you up on your kind offer!
  • I know mate, was just jesting....I've got the 81/82 adidas yellow away one at home.

to be honest I'd like any of those pictured above.
    Please bring this shirt in too!
  • We'd be displaying shirt like those @oohaahmortimer not selling.

We only sell the more common shirts when we have duplicates and then only with permission of donors

Ditto the yellow shirt @Elthamaddick

Same applies to all donations. We always say to donors of  programmes for example that we keep the best condition copy and sell others to raise funds.
  • Ok I'll bring all 3 next time I'm at the ground , not sure when that will be cos live games are tight with kids footy training
  • Dont be forgetting those shirts @Elthamaddick & @oohaahmortimer :) 

• I’m not there tomorrow kids have footy training and school fixtures so I’m taxiing them around 
  • cafc999 said:
    Dont be forgetting those shirts @Elthamaddick & @oohaahmortimer :) 

Early kick offs screw up everything, will need to be on a 3pm game 
  • Gonna come to museum after the game , with my two youngest , I’m in the  family stand so is there a lift or preferably stairs we can take from around there to get up to you .
    I‘ll find it .

I’ll have all 3 shirts with me , my youngest wanted the red Osca one and started wearing it cos it’s similar to this seasons but now I can get him a new one the museum can have it (it’s been in the freezer for the last week the mrs put it in there to try and remove the bits of blu tack from it 🤷‍♂️) 
  • Henry, I think you have this one. Couldn't find my old 85-86 third kit, but see you have it above.