Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs on now

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Curbs is on Your On Sky Sports, who is going to get on and ask him about Charlton?

Comments

• OooooohAaaaaarghMortimer, of course!
  • get it in there son!!!!
  • just turned it on and my heart fluttered when i saw him.....
    just like when you see your ex-bird who you know is too good for you but you'd like one more go with her;-)
  • Ooh I dont know some of my ex's thats the last thing I would have in mind!
  • So for those of us without Sky has he said anything Charlton related yet ????
  • not yet just skirted around Darren Bent going to Villa
  • asked whether he'd be in a job soon curbs diplomatically replied 'we'll have to wait and see'.....
    probably not as an exciting an answer as most of our fans would want but there you go....
  • And so it ends
  • he was also wearing black trousers and a fetching black sweater , clearly in mourning at the events that are taking place down at charlton...
    or maybe just a boring bland , safe colour for tv
  • great the big league weekend is on now...oh the excitement
  • Sponsored links:

• I got through to the show half way through, said he is hurtin at what's going on and that he left charlton as a premiership club and 3 years later cud b in league 1, he also said that he gets the immpression that the board think parkys the answer, he didn't answer about him being interested in the job tho, avoided the question
  • CommentAuthoroohaahmortimer CommentTime20 minutes ago quote# 8
    asked whether he'd be in a job soon curbs diplomatically replied 'we'll have to wait and see'.....
    probably not as an exciting an answer as most of our fans would want but there you go....

Do Welling need a manager??
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]CommentAuthoroohaahmortimer CommentTime20 minutes ago quote# 8
    asked whether he'd be in a job soon curbs diplomatically replied 'we'll have to wait and see'.....

Do Welling need a manager??

They are doing alright without any ex charltons help. 6th place.
  • I read it that someone at Charlton has been whispering in his ear that we are keeping Parkinson on.

Today's email bulletin would back that theory up too.

Btw having Curbs on must have killed SKY's ratings.....Very Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]CommentAuthoroohaahmortimer CommentTime20 minutes ago quote# 8

Do Welling need a manager??[/quote]

They are doing alright without any ex charltons help. 6th place.

See ooohaaah even Welling wouldn't have him!

(Btw, Curbs DOES look like a tennis coach. . . . )
  • [cite]Posted By: We are J Block[/cite]I got through to the show half way through, said he is hurtin at what's going on and that he left charlton as a premiership club and 3 years later cud b in league 1, he also said that he gets the immpression that the board think parkys the answer, he didn't answer about him being interested in the job tho, avoided the question

Intrigue and cunning stuff.

Oh well, conspiracy theory time:
    Do I get the impression that under that bland exterior, there's a fair bit of emotion going on?

If he also said that he "gets the impression that the board think Parky's the answer", he didn't answer about him being interested in the job tho, avoided the question completely.

Hmm, wonder if he's spoken with Murray recently or why exactly did he avoid the question, when it would have been easy to kill off the question once and for all.

Anyone else smell the pong of a Red herring....?

No thought not.

;o)
  • Just reading between the lines, I get the impression that Curbs is itching to be asked back. However Murray is too proud to get on the blower and ask the question. He has had a few opportunities now to dismiss any chance of a return and has chosen not to do so.
    The longer this drags on and the bigger mess we get ourselves into, it's becoming increasingly evident that the successful Premeirship Charlton was very much Curbs baby and without him the board are lost.
    I think it's time for the fans to make their feelings regarding Curbs made loud and clear at the Valley.
  • edited December 2008
    It is a similar response to when he was on Setanta shortly after Pardew went. He said that he got the impression that the board believed in Parkinson. He also eluded the question about the possibility of him coming back. He did, I think, make some reference though about wanting to be back in the premiership.

Since that time, he has seen the vacant managers’ seat come and go at Sunderland and Blackburn. He no longer seems to be saying anything about the premiership. He could easily close the door on Charlton. He could say, ‘it is painful to see what is happening but it wouldn’t be right for me to go back’. But, he doesn’t.

If I was on the board, the one person I would believe in would be Curbishley. He has all the credentials. He is the one person that I would be prepared to gamble on financially because he offers the most security. He has the knowledge, experience and ability. He is available.

But maybe I'm a bit drunk and nostalgic. Talking of which....

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-5621451409608521680
  • Bit of a curve ball for you but I can see him managing abroad.

I think he mentioned something about that few years ago, with reference to Bobby Robson.
  • On the sky sport news ticker this morning Curbishley has ruled himself out of managing a championship club.
  • Sponsored links:

• what about a league one club???
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]On the sky sport news ticker this morning Curbishley has ruled himself out of managing a championship club.

ah, but he didn't mention anything about League 1 clubs ................. coat
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]On the sky sport news ticker this morning Curbishley has ruled himself out of managing a championship club.

oh blinding...... I just hope and pray that the board did everything to get him......

but we will never know anyway....

F^$%$#
  • looks like we are stuck with what we have got then. lets get behind them.

heres to a far better 2009!

cheers
  • [cite]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite]Since that time, he has seen the vacant managers’ seat come and go at Sunderland and Blackburn. He no longer seems to be saying anything about the premiership.

I think you'll more likely find he's not interested in moving house. He's waiting for a London/South East job to come up....
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite]Since that time, he has seen the vacant managers’ seat come and go at Sunderland and Blackburn. He no longer seems to be saying anything about the premiership.

I think you'll more likely find he's not interested in moving house. He's waiting for a London/South East job to come up....

Pompey?
  • Yeah, he could do a temporary house swap with Harry Redknapp.

Win-win situation. That would cut the commute for both of them, lol
  • Had Curbs on Sky Spots today saying the Forest and Derby jobs are not for him so considering the mess we're in I very much doubt he'd come back. I would love it now though...we need a hero don't we???