Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rod Stewart - Model Railway Enthusiast

Phwoar!

I am railing: Sir Rod Stewart reveals his epic model railway city https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50403561

Comments

• Got to get me one of those!
  • A lot of other music stars are or were railway enthusiasts - Roger Daltrey, Elton John, Neil Young, Frank Sinatra
  • Met Sir Rod a few weeks ago. His youngest boy,8! Plays in the same league as my boy.

Top fella
  • I hear Billy Joel has got a blinding Scalextric set. 
  • Always favoured Scalextric although not so much actually racing, but competing for qualifying laps with lap counter (lap limit) and timer accessory. 
  • Rod is going to raise £1m for the Teenage Cancer Trust this month. 

Youth’s a mask and it don’t last. 
    Live it long and live it fast. 
  • he recently donated a large sum to a model railways group who had their life's work pretty much ruined by a gang of kids who broke into their h q and wrecked the joint .. story is somewhere on here 
  • It might be on catch up - but did you see that model railway building competition - Great Model Railway Challenge on Channel 5 recently. This is the first time I have admitted watching it, but the geek in me really enjoyed it. Just checked my Virgin box and Semi Final and Final are still available. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2019
    It might be on catch up - but did you see that model railway building competition - Great Model Railway Challenge on Channel 5 recently. This is the first time I have admitted watching it, but the geek in me really enjoyed it. Just checked my Virgin box and Semi Final and Final are still available. 
    Cheers Muttley , now on series link!
  • Great. I waited until my wife had gone to bed and watched without any what's this rubbish? comments.
  • Great. I waited until my wife had gone to bed and watched without any what's this rubbish? comments.
    "You don't look at me like that any more...." 
  • It might be on catch up - but did you see that model railway building competition - Great Model Railway Challenge on Channel 5 recently. This is the first time I have admitted watching it, but the geek in me really enjoyed it. Just checked my Virgin box and Semi Final and Final are still available. 
    I enjoyed the bits of it I saw .. it's more a quasi religion than a hobby 
  • edited November 2019
    Does it get him a free pass into Valley Gold and then priority with away tickets?
  • Nadou said:
    A lot of other music stars are or were railway enthusiasts - Roger Won't get diverted down the Bexleyheath Line Again Daltrey, Elton  Stephenson's Rocket Man John, Neil Heart of Annual Gold Card Young, Frank My Railway Sinatra.
    Fixed.
  • seth plum said:
    Nadou said:
    A lot of other music stars are or were railway enthusiasts - Roger Won't get diverted down the Bexleyheath Line Again Daltrey, Elton  Stephenson's Rocket Man John, Neil Heart of Annual Gold Card Young, Frank My Railway Sinatra.
    Fixed.
    Your wrong about Elton 

His train don't stop there anymore 
  • Re Rod Stewart donations .. Here is the story about the 'model wreckers' I mention above 
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7051381/Model-railway-owners-tell-ROBERT-HARDMAN-delight-donations.html
  • Pete Waterman is another celeb into model railways, some of his layouts are fantastic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pete Waterman is another celeb into model railways, some of his layouts are fantastic.

He used to own the Flying Scotsman too.
  • Must be the first time the phrase 'A Railway Modeller Exclusive' has been used
  • edited November 2019
    Pete Waterman is another celeb into model railways, some of his layouts are fantastic.