Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holland On His Way?

edited January 2007 in Rumours
http://chicagoaddick.blogspot.com/

If true then either Pardew must rate ZZ and or Walton or somebody else is coming in.

Thoughts?

I've been critical of Holland over the last year or so but recently he has stood up and been counted to the best of his ability and nobody can ask more than that.

Good luck Matty if you do go.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    You're spot on Len-

He's stood up and been counted- and done a leader's role on the field dispite not being captain.

If he is going, and with building in mind it could be the right time, then he should go with our thanks.
  • £500,000 would be a great price for a 32 year old but I would be amazed if Leicester can afford that since their manager came out the other week and admitted that they had NO money. Not sure how true this story is and I doubt Pards will sell Matty unless he has a replacement lined up already.
  • Huge amount of wages off the bill in one go
  • edited January 2007
    Could be true if this is true.

I hope it isn't mind!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007020271,00.html

Hammers in mega bid for Bent

By DAVE KIDD
    January 15, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

WEST HAM have offered Marlon Harewood, Hayden Mullins and £4million for Darren Bent — as Charlton boss Alan Pardew admits his England striker has been unsettled by transfer talk.

Hammers boss Alan Curbishley’s bid depends on Bent — recovering from a knee injury — being fit before the end of the January transfer window.

Curbs’ offer to swap players with Pardew, the man with whom he has swapped jobs, arrived through the front door.

But while Pardew stopped short of accusing other Premiership clubs of tapping up Bent, he hinted that his player has been unsettled by phone calls regarding a possible move.

Pardew — adamant he wants to keep Bent — said: “It’s difficult for Darren because, unfortunately, that’s the way the world works, I’m sure he’s getting calls he shouldn’t.

“I’m just trying to keep him focused on Charlton.

“Let’s not twist it — I said I’m sure he is getting phone calls from people and I’m sure it is disturbing him, whether the calls are from friends or whatever.”
  • New owner at leicester,money injection...
  • Oh yeah, I forgot about Mandaric.....
  • Could be that pards is looking at all the squad members as he only has about 2-weeks left,he has only been there because of curbs, good team member and yes turns it on when needs be but about 2 years overstayed his time, bet a prem side don't sign him? we bought him at about the right time and he stayed too long.
  • If Matty Holland does go,good luck to the fella.Though he holds no skill and no pace,his effort and commitment has been second to none and he's a much better captain than the cigarette smoking yido.
  • Football players have always smoked.
  • Thats why Luke Young is such a world class player and a great captain...Don't think so
  • Sponsored links:

• With ZZ, Walton to come into the side that means someone has to step aside and realistically if we can get money for Holland we should take it, plus we'd get him off the wage bill.
  • didnt someone say Holland was on like £30k a week?

i was truly shocked to hear that figure
  • Is that true?
  • Zidane smoked he was world class.

As for Holland - can't see him going to leicester he chose us ahead of Villa because Villa was too north.
  • [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]Is that true?

No. And no I'm not going to answer the obvious follow up question : - )
  • so what is it Henry?
  • Agreed Henry, I don't know what the players earn but I think the figures do get massively exagerrated in the press and by the fans. There is no way known that Matt Holland would be getting £30,000 per week at Charlton, that's ridiculous.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Agreed Henry, I don't know what the players earn but I think the figures do get massively exagerrated in the press and by the fans. There is no way known that Matt Holland would be getting £30,000 per week at Charlton, that's ridiculous.

it might be more!
  • Ha! Nice one. If he is on £30,000 per week then I will be opening the bowling for England here in Brisbane against the Aussies on Friday.
  • can't see this happening, in the summer maybe, but not now. Holland is our most important player at the moment, he is largely holding everything together and Pardew won't offload until we have proven better available, which at present we haven't.

And he won't earn no where near that, somewhere between 14-21k i reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pardew has publicly singled out Matt Holland and Hermann Hreidasson as the players that we are counting on to dig the club out of this mess.

He made that comment that Matt Holland could inherit £40m but would be just as committed to winning the next day as he was before and that it was that professionalism that would be key.

Funny things happen, some unexpected, but I would be surprised if Pardew wanted to get rid of Matt - who rightly had the armband back (IMHO).
  • Agreed Mark, I don't know where Chicago Addick got that story from, I can't seem to find it anywhere but he clearly got it from a football site somewhere.
  • Holland is one of our best paid players from the Curbs era- but there is no way he is on £30k a week- even £20K would be at the top end of the likely scale.
  • edited January 2007
    I was led to believe that he was our highest paid player ... until the arrival of MARCUS Bent.
  • Probably was- Murphy might have topped him whilst he was here.
  • edited January 2007
    Holland going is probably Pardew realising he aint good enough in the Prem.

Pard's did say that he was looking for strong characters such as Holland and HH, although in his post match interview he clearly stated that there were honest and strong guys in the dressing room after the Boro game, but he questioned whether they had the qaulity to back up their commitment.

Holland clearly lacks the desired quality, but i would have thought we would have to bring in another midfielder before we let him go?
  • I thought Darren Bent on £30K was the highest paid player?
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]I was led to believe that he was our highest paid player ... until the arrival of MARCUS Bent.

If that useless turn is our highest payed player then something is really wrong.