Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Training Ground Plans Submitted

13»

Comments

• He's staying.
    If he carries on running the club as he has been for the last year and starts to invest in the club's infrastructure as well - we could do a lot worse.
    Hmm. Not sure I can agree, much as your posts normally make a lot of sense to me. The last year would include the last January window. That nearly derailed us, and for what? Selling a striker to an FAPL club for loose change, without any replacement lined up.

Another window approaches. If we get through that, and Bowyer appears to be OK with what has transpired, then I might agree. Not before, way too premature. We need to sort out judgement from luck.
    Hmm. Not sure I can agree, much as your posts normally make a lot of sense to me.  Are you saying we couldn't do any worse? 

The Grant transfer, contract situation etc has been done to death so I won't go over it again, but the squad was improved in January, or so the league table would suggest.  Johnny says hi ;-) 

Your suggesting you would change your view on RD based on this coming transfer window?

Players clubs would like to keep leave clubs all the time, transfers fail to happen all the time, good people cock up all the time. 

The club can't begin the healing process until Roland has gone, but I am supprised that your fickle enough to suggest that either one more transfer window you will forgive, or one bad transfer window will tip you over the edge.

If we are judging on transfer windows I would suggest that everyone since Lookman left has been positive, or neutral at worst.   The "other stuff" hasn't changed so there is no reason to change any opinion of RD, unless it has always been just about results. Which obviously it hasn't. 

Confused..... 

• Airman Brown, I think the new lack of living accomodation reflects the planners rejecting his scheme to build a hotel.
  • Airman Brown, I think the new lack of living accomodation reflects the planners rejecting his scheme to build a hotel.
    You can't go backwards, though. They conceded the principle of limited accommodation on the site with the approved scheme, which I found quite surprising at the time.
  • Addickted said:
    razil said:
    Good news but we've been here before.

Meire and Keohane promised to my face that the training would be completed in 2018.

They have shown us photos of the same few trenches time and time again.

When some walls and rooves appear then I'll believe it.

PS. Does planning permission expire after five years?
    not if the work has been started I believe
    A hole in the ground covered with a sheet of tarpaulin, doesn't constitute commencement of a large construction project.
    Maybe they are just getting ready for 5g with a new broadband upgrade?
  • The Avery Hill campus is less than half a mile away. Plenty of accommodation there.
  • Addickted said:
    razil said:

Meire and Keohane promised to my face that the training would be completed in 2018.

A hole in the ground covered with a sheet of tarpaulin, doesn't constitute commencement of a large construction project.
    Actually, I think you'll find it does from a planning point of view.
    So you dig a hole in the ground at four years and fifty one weeks on a £10m development and you don't have to renew planning permission?

• Addickted said:
    The Avery Hill campus is less than half a mile away. Plenty of accommodation there.
    Well, quite, but that was always the case.
  • Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    razil said:

Actually, I think you'll find it does from a planning point of view.
    So you dig a hole in the ground at four years and fifty one weeks on a £10m development and you don't have to renew planning permission?

As long as you have discharged any relevant pre commencement conditions and that hole is part of the development (ie you have not just dug a hole in your back garden and claimed you started a loft conversion). I assume we had contractors in to dig it and could produce invoices for the work and that the trench was for the start of foundations or similar so a material part of the development has started.
  • That's right. In fact, you don't even necessarily have needed to have discharged all relevant pre-commencement conditions - it depends on what the condition says and whether it goes to the heart of the permission. There's been a lot of litigation and case law on that point.
  • Perhaps he has downgraded his plans to make it more attractive to a potential buyer, without any intention to pay for any work, (house example, get planning permission for an extension and tell any buyers that it is approved if they want it).
  • Sponsored links:

• Tone has adapted his previous skill set to the current demands of the training ground buildings.

Image result for bread house
  • Goes before Greenwich's main planning committee next week, officers are recommending approval 

https://committees.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?MId=6168
  • Goes before Greenwich's main planning committee next week, officers are recommending approval 

Exactly what is being asked for permission to do, surely RD is not carrying on with his original plan?

Plenty of mentions about the Bat, but none about the rat.
  • Sage said:
    The change it seems from the plans previously is the removal of one floor, from 4 storey high to 3. Including still an indoor pitch. There is also mentions of special circumstances such as accommodation for academy players and trialists. All of this is the demolition of the current building and development of a 13m high new building with additional work on the pitches and astro. The building still would mean we qualify for category one status if it were to be financed.

I don’t think any of this is for Roland to ever build, but for new owners in future to have that plans approved so the work can commence.

It’s just another way of him being able to justify the price tag he has for the club.
    So he thinks the new owners will not want to make changes to his proposed development of the training ground, but will want to change his very successful and loved manager. Unique thinking, as always.
  • I can't access any drawings or other visuals.