Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Plan Going Forward?

Like most i expect, the news today was a massive massive relief ( i can imagine how Nelson Mandela felt :smiley: )  on his release, but whats the plan going forward?

1) Renew / Extend Lee Bowyer & the  management staffs contracts?

2) Increase the budget on the physio / rehab team?

3) Improve the training ground?

4) Where does this leave Steve Gallen?

5) Improved player budget?

6) New player contracts offered?

I just hope thees a credible plan in place, otherwise we'll be going round in circles, i'm just pleased to see the back of Roland, i hope the new incoming are decent, honest and credible , truly fit and proper people., we need better than whats gone before.

Comments

• (1) - Yes
    (2) - Yes
    (3) - Yes
    (4) - No change surely?
    (5) - Yes
    (6) - Depends on who gets offered the new contract
  • (1) - Yes
    (2) - Yes
    (3) - Yes
    (4) - No change surely?
    (5) - Yes
    (6) - Depends on who gets offered the new contract
    The only change for Gallen is that maybe he won't be a 'Companies House' director. He'll still be doing the same job on player recruitment I'm sure.
  • Retain Bowyer and co and invest in the team by all means but the main priority this season is (and always will be) Survival.
    Buy Cullen in Jan window - injured or not.
    Ask Chelski how much they want for the Baby Becks (just kidding)
  • Give Bowyer/Jackson & Gallen a new contract. The rest will take care of itself.
    Why joke? I'd happily see us buy him. 
  • It's the plans for The Valley I want to see. If the new owners are serious about competing with the big clubs (and I know we don't know whether that's the aim yet) then are they prepared to do so in a 27,000 capacity stadium? 
  • Sign Gallagher and Cullen whatever the cost !! (IF ONLY) .. Bring in a top class 6'3" central defender and a proven Champ striker 
  • Gallagher is a realistic target, why not?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sign Gallagher and Cullen whatever the cost !! (IF ONLY) .. Bring in a top class 6'3" central defender and a proven Champ striker 
    I’d be tempted by Woodrow at Barnsley as a striker signing.
  • Win everything 
  • Win everything 
  • Gallen has to stay. Imperative.
    Great having money. Got to have someone who knows how to spend it
  • Just spend insane amounts of money I would imagine. 
  • With all the speculation about who we could/should buy I hope the club do right by those players who have tried their best in difficult times but may soon be surplus to requirements due to our (hopefully) increased transfer budget.
  • edited November 2019
    Stig said:
    I'm not gonna get carried away with the money possibilities. If they want to spend big that's fine by me, but the key thing is to have owners in place who actually care about the club and are committed to competitive football. That said, the quicker we can resume the natural order of things and get above Millwall and Palace in the league, the happier I'll be. A decent cup run wouldn't go amiss either.
    I was with you all the way there mate until you got to cup run...........this is Charlton 😁
  • What we need now, is what we have always wanted since we moved back to The Valley - To improve the club year on year.  That doesn't mean we have to be higher up the league every season, but just get better.  Better players, infrastructure, community, stadium, average crowds, capacity, communication, number of chips.  It's not hard when you think about it, and it's what we did throughout the 1990's...
  • Change in the menu, I'd imagine.
    I can hear it now - "Who ate all the eyes, who ate all the eyes?..."
  • Sponsored links:

• Im easily pleased 
    Sell out boro away
  • edited November 2019
    1) Sack the club legend manager and bring in no mark foreign coach, whilst interfering with team selection.

2) Look at cutting costs everywhere.

3) Use 'Improving the training ground' as an excuse to cut the costs, but then not do anything at the training ground anyway.

4) Sack anyone with any football knowledge and at board level bring in a CEO with no football experience, or any real experience anywhere else in business; at the playing level appoint your friend's 16 year old son as chief scout and tactics advisor because he once skilfully guided Standard Liege to the Champions League second qualifying round on FIFA.

5) Rely upon the clubs academy to produce players for the first team, whilst looking to sell them at the first opportunity.

6) Bring in no mark foreign players from affiliated clubs with no experience of English football on huge long term deals ensuring the playing side have no budget left to bring in the players they actually need.

7) Alienate the fan base by repeatedly saying it's your club so you can do what you like and that you 'don't do failure'.

A successful blueprint for all new owners to follow :-)
    You're 5 years too late, already been done
  • I would agree the target was survival, but that has surely changed. Put a run of results together wherever you are now and you have a chance of top six.
  • I would agree the target was survival, but that has surely changed. Put a run of results together wherever you are now and you have a chance of top six.
    It still will be survival, but that doesn't mean that Bowyer and the owners won't want to do better.
  • It will be interesting how Lord Bowyer manages the egos of top end range of players. I’m sure he would only go for the hard working players and not the Prima Donnas but that’s getting difficult these days with all the mollycoddling and large pay packets received these days. 
  • edited November 2019
    Stop my bottom lip wobbling every time I think about what this potentially means for the club 
  • Will we finally see The Martin Pringle Stand we've all been waiting for? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Why joke? I'd happily see us buy him. 
    Because there’s no way he’d sign for a Championship club.
  • NugNug
    edited November 2019

• First thing's first, get Page, Hemed and Kayal signed up to long-term deals