Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

most important question of the year so far with out a doubt

Oggy

Did you go dressed as a jelly fish

if so please tell me how

Comments

• Hello, NLA.

Did I go dressed as a jellyfish? erm.........yes.

One of 6 in a group of jellyfish together - and people were coming up to us saying we actually did look like a swarm of Portuguese-man-o'war.

We each had a cheap bell shaped transparent umbrella, to which the girlies in our group had attached loads of long strings, ribbons and just about anything else dangly that they could find, as tenticles.

Then cheap Primarche outsized women's fake satin pyjama trousers, shredded at the legs. So cool man, lol

Apparently jellyfish don't have a brain ........ so now I know why they made me dress up as a jellyfish.

;o)
  • You had dangly ribbons for Testicles ?
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]You had dangly ribbons for Testicles ?

You don't really want to know, Shooters .....(!)

lol
  • If these are the bits that are allowed to be made public , I dread to think what the whispered comments in this thread must be like !
  • Oggy you must be in Lurve dude to let her do that to you

after Parky yesterday she must have benn showing you that life aint that bad you could always be a Jelly fish

i would worry if you aint married as her idea for your wedding outfit may be worse :-)
  • edited January 2009
    lol, sometimes NLA, you just have to muck in as part of a team effort.

Anyway, it was fancy dress night in our villages, so I wasn't the only one to look like a complete tosser, everybody was at it.

My 21 year old was dressed as a frogman in turquoise wet suit, goggles, huge yellow flippers and the oxygen tank on his back filled with alcohol, so he didn't have to queue for drinks in the pub.

It was a good night, loads to drink and all singing Auld Lang Sine round the war memorial in Cawsand village square, as the clock struck 12.

And then party after. Suffering today though, lol
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]My 21 year old was dressed as a frogman in turquoise wet suit, goggles, huge yellow flippers and the oxygen tank on his back filled with alcohol, so he didn't have to queue for drinks in the pub.
    Now that's what I call forward planning!
  • Aliw is right - that is serious forward planning. Is your son looking for a job, Oggy? Strikes me a bright young man like that could do wonders sorting out the bar facilities at the Valley...
  • Come on on Oggy, there is no getting out of this.

You HAVE to attach a photo !!

If you want to make this forum a happier place, you have a prime opportunity to do so !
  • Oh yes pictures please
  • Sponsored links:

• I am with AFKA here it sounds like you live in a proper village like in the league of gentlemen the local rag must have a picture of 6 jellyfish on the loose in the town if you aint got one
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Come on on Oggy, there is no getting out of this.

You HAVE to attach a photo !!

If you want to make this forum a happier place, you have a prime opportunity to do so !

OMG!

Going to have to find pix now.......(!)

GF took a camera so there's bound to be something on there, but I've not been round to see her yet, as I'm bogged down doing tax returns and she's had loads of family descend on her.
  • You will not get out of this Oggy.

I will keep bumping and bumping until you get a pic on here, so you've got a couple of days grace !
  • bump

there already
  • edited January 2009
    Doing your tax return? You could be in touble there, Oggy. They changed the rules this year so you had to get the paper return in by Oct 31 instead of the old date of Jan 31.

I think if you file it on-line the Jan date still applies - so I really hope that's what you're doing. Otherwise they're going to fine you and you're going to be as broke as CAFC...

ps : the jellyfish costume may be tax-deductable. Got to be worth a try.
  • Oggy we'll all keep bumping until it arrives.
  • I think once he finds it we need to have a "Lifers in Silly Fancy dress" thread to cheer us all up.
  • Yep, Nigel - got to be done online now, not only submitted but the full instalment of 'payment on account' paid and cleared by 31 January. And I don't even know how much I've got to pay until my accountant rubber stamps it.

I'm self-employed and broke already, lol ....... so I'll need to borrow some anyway.

You try explaining that to a 9-5 'I hate my job' tax office clerk.
    Even if I was a real jellyfish, they'd still sting me first - even if I had big tentacles.

;o)
  • edited January 2009
    "You try explaining that to a 9-5 'I hate my job' tax office clerk."

Some of them are almost human if you catch 'em on a good day, Oggy. I had a lovely woman from Customs & Excise paid me a 'home visit' to go through my books three years ago. I was shi**ing myself becuase the last time I had a tax inveatigation it cost me a fortune in back tax and penalties. But she was brilliant . She told me I'd be better off on the VAT flat rate scheme than the regular input/output scheme - and in three years so far her advice has saved me approx. £15k!!! I'm sure if her bosses knew, they'd sack her ...
  • What a nice woman, Nigel ....... if only they were all like that!
    Glad everything worked out for you in the end. Good advice is precious, especially if it saves your pocket.

Cheers for your moral support !
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought that when i had to get in touch with them very very very helpfull, but someone then explained we are collecting tax (VAT) for them and passing it on so it does pay them to be helpfull !
  • Bump

we are still waiting Oggster :-)
  • Sorry, no pix at the moment, I'm still waiting too.
    I'll put them up when people pass them on.
  • Bump.

we're still waiting to see your tentacles,Oggster!
  • Still waiting for someone to upload their pix.

I'm resigned to the fact that everyone wants to see my tentacles.........
  • Bump

come on oggy my old son there is no point hiding them any more
  • Bump

Oggy i aint forgot
  • Oggy mate come on we aint gonna forget lol! Esp with NLA watching over
  • Still here Oggster??? never 4get
  • Yay! you lot ain't gonna let this one drop, are you, LMAO!

Truth is,they're not on my camera and I still haven't been given the pix, so can't post them until I do.