Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Town | Tues 10 December | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Phillips, Purrington, Lockyer, Pearce (c), Gallagher, Leko, Pratley, Bonne, Solly, Sarr, Doughty

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Oshilaja, Taylor, Ledley, Morgan, Vennings
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Great - Pearce, Sarr and Purrington In the same team ...what could possibly go wrong?
  • Options
    So Purrington is wing back and Doughty part of central midfield? Not sure about that.
  • Options
    10th December 2019 18:45pm
    PHOTO-2019-12-10-15-53-41jpg

Chris Solly, Tom Lockyer and Naby Sarr have returned to the Charlton lineup for this evening’s game against Huddersfield Town.

Fans not able to get to The Valley this evening can watch the action live on Valley Pass and the Valley Pass app. Our production will offer a multi-camera broadcast of the game with action replays of the key moments, as well as Charlton commentary from Terry Smith and Greg Stubley. 

The trio replace Adam Matthews, Deji Oshilaja and Joe Ledley who move to the bench. There is also a place on the bench for long-term absentee Lyle Taylor who returned from injury on Saturday as a second half substitute.

It means the Addicks may well line up in a 5-4-1 formation with Dillon Phillips in goal behind a defence of Solly, Lockyer, Jason Pearce, Sarr and Ben Purrington. Jon Leko, Darren Pratley, Conor Gallagher and Alfie Doughty could operate as a midfield four behind Macauley Bonne.

However, Lee Bowyer may opt for a 3-5-2 formation, which he has used more often. In this formation Leko would likely partner Bonne up front with Doughty playing in a midfield trio alongside Pratley and Gallagher.

Academy graduates Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Albie Morgan and James Vennings are also on the bench.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Don’t like having Sarr and Pearce in the same team but guess we don’t have much choice. We’ll see
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I absolutely love Bowyer, don't hold him at all responsible for the recent form, we'd be fucked without him etc as a pre-fix before someone claims I'm a boo-boy or anything.

But I don't understand why he seems to bench Albie at any possible opportunity? Has looked one of our most promising players during this recent awful form. Doughty was fantastic against Sheff Wed at left back, but surely he's not a better option in the diamond?

But as above, our current back line seems the bigger concern. Oshilaja seems to have been the best performing of the lot and dropped.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Looks like 3-5-2 to me, with Solly and Purrington wing backs.

• Options
    There's not much we can change. Maybe we are happy to begin rebuilding with a point.
  • Options
    Looking forward to some speedy passing down the left wing from Sarr and Purrington
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Struggling to figure out how they all fit together into a system. Looks unbalanced to me. 3-4-3  maybe with Doughty and Leko either side of Bonne?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Huddersfield: Grabara, Hogg, Bacuna, Kachunga, Grant, Koroma, Mounie, Schindler, Stankovic, Hadergjonaj, Edmonds-Green

Subs: Coleman, Simpson, Harratt, Daly, High, Austerfield, Jackson
  • Options
    Connor "Jonny summers" Gallagher. 5 goals in 21 minutes 
  • Options
    I'll reserve judgement until I see our shape but I hope doughty isn't in central midfield. Untried or tested there. We'll see...
  • Options
    Phillips, Purrington, Lockyer, Pearce (c), Gallagher, Leko, Pratley, Bonne, Solly, Sarr, Doughty

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Oshilaja, Taylor, Ledley, Morgan, Vennings
    Phillips
    Solly Lockyer Pearce Sarr Purrington
    Gallagher Pratley Doughty
    Bonne Leko
  • Options
    Huddersfield injury list: Tommy Elphick, Trevoh Chalobah, Alex Pritchard, Fraizer Campbell, Collin Quaner, Jaden Brown, Lewis O'Brien
  • Options
    How do Hudders set up ...... formation, etc. Anyone know?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Hopefully with a rush keeper
  • Options
    I absolutely love Bowyer, don't hold him at all responsible for the recent form, we'd be fucked without him etc as a pre-fix before someone claims I'm a boo-boy or anything.

But I don't understand why he seems to bench Albie at any possible opportunity? Has looked one of our most promising players during this recent awful form. Doughty was fantastic against Sheff Wed at left back, but surely he's not a better option in the diamond?

But as above, our current back line seems the bigger concern. Oshilaja seems to have been the best performing of the lot and dropped.
    Agreed, getting slightly irritated at the way Bowyer keeps picking out Morgan as not being ready, as if he was somehow the weak link in the side.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Oggy Red said:

Reading the Huddersfield comments online, they don't seem to know how they're going to set up either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solly playing as wing back with Oshi and Matthews on the bench ? .. Taylor also on the bench, IF he's fit he should be starting but not necessarily finishing the game .. whatever, Come on Youse Addicksaaaaa !

• Options
    Kick off delayed
  • Options

Agreed, getting slightly irritated at the way Bowyer keeps picking out Morgan as not being ready, as if he was somehow the weak link in the side.
    Morgan has played well as a sub, but looked a bit lost when he started vs Luton. Personally I'd start him tonight and give him a chance in a home game, but, in Bowyer's defence, I don't think Albie has been 100% convincing and I say that as someone who believes Albie is going to be a very good player..

• Options
    To my mind, that can only mean Morgan still isn't consistently doing what Bowyer is asking of him.
    He's often said that.

Otherwise it depends on the gameplan or a a question of team balance. 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Kick off delayed
    Pourquoi .... ?
  • Options
    Surely the two threads must fight to the death?
  • Options
    C'mon you Addicks!    I come in hope rather than anticipation BUT C'mon!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Dizzle said:
    Kick off delayed
    Pourquoi .... ?
    Kick off delayed until 7:55 as Hudds coach was late
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Dizzle said:
    Kick off delayed
    Pourquoi .... ?
    Kick off delayed until 7:55 as Hudds coach was late
    Okey doke, Dizzle. Cheers.
  • Options

Morgan has played well as a sub, but looked a bit lost when he started vs Luton. Personally I'd start him tonight and give him a chance in a home game, but, in Bowyer's defence, I don't think Albie has been 100% convincing and I say that as someone who believes Albie is going to be a very good player..

Definitely agree with that. Thought his head dropped a bit for a while when a couple of passes didn't find the target. I'd trust Bow on this, like I trust him on just about everything else right now.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!