Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WBA fa cup

Which home areas will  be open? 

Comments

• An opportunity for the U23s and any of the 'walking wounded' nearing recovery to get some first team experience and or minutes towards match fitness.

I would wrap our surviving key players in cotton wool for this one.
  • Adult tickets £15! Good luck with shifting those to watch the U23s and 1st team  squad members looking for minutes.
  • Definitely. I know we always seem to rest players and not take the cup seriously but we don't have much choice at the moment. Only problem is I expect we'll get absolutely tonked which won't do the kids' confidence much good. 
  • The outcome of this game is irrelevant to our season. We cannot afford any more injuries or any suspensions. Simple as that. 
  • WBA will put reserves out as well as they will not risk injuries to players with such a healthy lead at the top.

Sadly the FA Cup is not what it used to be, the magic of 3rd Round Day has gone.
  • WBA will put reserves out as well as they will not risk injuries to players with such a healthy lead at the top.

Sadly the FA Cup is not what it used to be, the magic of 3rd Round Day has gone.
    Magic of 3rd round day has not gone

But no magic in Charlton v West Brom a game that is played 6 days later in the league
  • Ask the Fylde fans who travel to Sheffield if the Magic of 3rd round day has gone

But no magic in Charlton v West Brom a game that is played 6 days later in the league
    I am a lot older than you Paulie and trust me it has gone. We could be playing WBA 6 months later in the league and the stand arrangements, the ticket prices and reserves being played would be the same.
  • Sponsored links:

I am a lot older than you Paulie and trust me it has gone. We could be playing WBA 6 months later in the league and the stand arrangements, the ticket prices and reserves being played would be the same.
    Because its Charlton v West Brom

Hardly a glamour tie

Hardly a glamour tie
    If we had drawn the league leaders at home when I was a kid in the 3rd round of the FA Cup all four sides of the ground would have been open and it would have been 1st team v 1st team on the day.  

Hardly a glamour tie
    If we had drawn the league leaders at home when I was a kid in the 3rd round of the FA Cup all four sides of the ground would have been open and it would have been 1st team v 1st team on the day.  
    I remember going up to West Brom in the fa cup and the puddle scored for them 

you’re right it meant sooooo much more back in the day 

https://youtu.be/0wHVQs13R8k
    Dont know what Bowyer has been moaning about filling the bench we could only put 2 on the bench for that game  :D

Mike there wouldn't be that many more fans there if we had a full strength team out
  • Ask the Fylde fans who travel to Sheffield if the Magic of 3rd round day has gone
    What, after or before the trip?
  • clb74 said:
    WBA will put reserves out as well as they will not risk injuries to players with such a healthy lead at the top.

Mike there wouldn't be that many more fans there if we had a full strength team out
    I think that's part of his point, when fans have little interest it's hard to argue the magic is still there!
  • edited December 2019
    Agree with @paulie8290. If we had one of the top teams at home then all the stands would of been open.
    Just unfortunate we haven't. 
    Never mind though, even with the majority of the u23's playing, West Brom won't put a strong team so it will still be winnable.
    The only thing both teams don't want is for it to go to a replay.
  • Terrible timing for us. If we had a full squad of fit players, then squad rotation could even have been a positive. Instead we have a bare bones team, with knackered players needing a rest. We're ALREADY playing the kids and rookies.
  • Terrible timing for us. If we had a full squad of fit players, then squad rotation could even have been a positive. Instead we have a bare bones team, with knackered players needing a rest. We're ALREADY playing the kids and rookies.
    Those ‘kids and rookies’ are starting to look pretty good now they are getting some game time under their belts so it’s another opportunity for them to add to that. It’s also a game for any players returning from injury to get some match time in and a game for our bench warming goalkeeper to get some match time in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably miss this one out as I am on 12 hr nights Saturday and 12 hour nights Sunday.....I did say having gone to the Donny last year and Forest Green this and all the other cup games in recent years, if they cant be arsed then why should I.
  • Think I’ll swerve this one 
  • Every Cup game I've been to recently has been a farce in terms of the team.we have put out. If the club don't care it's hard for the fans to be bothered.

Our performance in the League Cup against Forest Green was beyond hopeless.
    Those ‘kids and rookies’ are starting to look pretty good now they are getting some game time under their belts so it’s another opportunity for them to add to that. It’s also a game for any players returning from injury to get some match time in and a game for our bench warming goalkeeper to get some match time in.
    But the kids and rookies themselves will need a rest by that stage, we've 3 matches before the FA Cup match
  • 27,111 sell out as ESI unveil their 7 new signings.
  • I don’t agree with clubs’ approach to the FA Cup generally, but in fairness to Charlton there is a minimum adult admission price of £15 written into the rules.
  • I don’t agree with clubs’ approach to the FA Cup generally, but in fairness to Charlton there is a minimum adult admission price of £15 written into the rules.
    What rules?

Tickets for our FA Cup Third Round tie at Oxford United will go on general sale from Victoria Park at 10am on Friday 27th December.

Oxford have sent us an initial allocation of 600 tickets for the tie at The Kassam Stadium but more are available if required.

Tickets will also be available on the day of the game prior to kick-off at Oxford.

Prices
    Adults – £10
    Over 65s – £5
    Young Adults (18-21) – £5
    Under 18s – £5
    Under 13s – £5*
    Under 7s – £1*

*Accompanied by an adult.

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/away-tickets/

• Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the prices of admission subject to the following conditions:

(i) Except where mutually agreed otherwise the minimum admission (except to children and senior citizens) to matches shall be:

In the Extra-Preliminary, Preliminary and First Round Qualifying: £3.00
    In the Second and Third Rounds Qualifying: £5.00
    In the Fourth Round Qualifying: £6.00
    In the First and Second Round Proper: £10.00
    In the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Round Proper: £15.00 
  • RedChaser said:
    Adult tickets £15! Good luck with shifting those to watch the U23s and 1st team  squad members looking for minutes.
    A tenner would have been better but it is a price that needs to be agreed by both clubs.

I imagine we´ll be getting around 7k for this.
  • Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the prices of admission subject to the following conditions:

(i) Except where mutually agreed otherwise the minimum admission (except to children and senior citizens) to matches shall be:

In the Extra-Preliminary, Preliminary and First Round Qualifying: £3.00
    In the Second and Third Rounds Qualifying: £5.00
    In the Fourth Round Qualifying: £6.00
    In the First and Second Round Proper: £10.00
    In the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Round Proper: £15.00 
    We won´t be paying more than 15notes this season then!