Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ok to park in resident parking bay on Boxing Day?

edited December 2019 in Match Day Travel
Hello all, info on council website doesn’t seem that clear, anyone know if it’s ok to park in resident parking spaces today? Ie the spaces that you can normally only park in after 630pm on an evening match. Thanks

Comments

• edited December 2019
    Just park in a disabled bay mate, wtf are they gonna do about it?
  • The usual parking restrictions apply regardless of whether it's a bank holiday.  There will probably be wardens out and about earning extra bank holiday pay to nab you as well. 
  • What better sight at see, after driving home from spending Christmas with your parents than someone else parked in the residents' space you normally use, outside your house?
  • se9addick said:
    Mmmmm........is that your idea of a joke!
  • Chizz said:
    What better sight at see, after driving home from spending Christmas with your parents than someone else parked in the residents' space you normally use, outside your house?
    Cheers mate, it’s the same for every evening match...
  • Missed It said:
    The usual parking restrictions apply regardless of whether it's a bank holiday.  There will probably be wardens out and about earning extra bank holiday pay to nab you as well. 
    Nice one, it wasn’t that clear but thanks for confirming 
  • edited December 2019
    Chizz said:
    What better sight at see, after driving home from spending Christmas with your parents than someone else parked in the residents' space you normally use, outside your house?
    So......buy a house near a football ground and then find yourself surprised that people want to park in the area every now and again. Surprise surprise......as long as they are legally parked that’s the way the cookie crumbles. The football stadium will most likely have been there way before you came along.
    It’s a bit like buying a house near an airport and then complaining about the noise after you’ve moved in......bizarre!
    I love people who put dustbins/wheelie bins in the road outside their house too as if it’s perfectly within their rights......local Craven Cottage residents being the worst exponents of that practise.
    By the way, I didn’t actually mean you personally Chizz.
  • se9addick said:
    I think it was(albeit poor), and having a dig at the OP.
  • se9addick said:
    I think it was(albeit poor), and having a dig at the OP.
    It was indeed then a poor dig 
  • Chizz said:
    So......buy a house near a football ground and then find yourself surprised that people want to park in the area every now and again. Surprise surprise......as long as they are legally parked that’s the way the cookie crumbles. The football stadium will most likely have been there way before you came along.
    It’s a bit like buying a house near an airport and then complaining about the noise after you’ve moved in......bizarre!
    I love people who put dustbins/wheelie bins in the road outside their house too as if it’s perfectly within their rights......local Craven Cottage residents being the worst exponents of that practise.
    I wouldn't complain if I bought a house and the parking was really bad when the local football club played. But I wouldn't be best pleased if non residents parked in residents' bays.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    I wouldn't complain if I bought a house and the parking was really bad when the local football club played. But I wouldn't be best pleased if non residents parked in residents' bays.
    I'd sell my bay on match days.