Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our (available) squad for Swansea...

I have not included players that weren’t expected to feature this year so pick your side from the following players:

Goalkeepers:
Dillon Phillips

Defenders:
Chris Solly
Adam Matthews
Tom Lockyer
Deji Oshilaja
Jason Pearce
Naby Sarr
Ben Purrington

Midfield:
Darren Pratley
Conor Gallagher

Strikers:
A half fit Lyle Taylor

Comments

• I think we need some more defenders !
  • ——————-philips——————
    -Oshi—-lockyer—pearce—purrington-
    ————-solly—-pratley——————
    matthews———————-gallagher
    ——————Sarr————————
    ———————Taylor——————

pretty fecking easy mate tbf. Sarr with the knock ons, boom! Lets have it. 
  • Phillips
    Matthew's..Lockyer..Pearce..Sarr..Dougherty
    Morgan......Pratley.......Gallagher.....Weirdu
    Taylor.
  • Leuth said:
    Doughty left-back, Matthews right-back, Pearce/Lockyer CB, Sarr FREE ROLE
    Lol, a free role. Based on what, your undying love for him?
  • edited December 2019
    Based on us needing a player who will try to play forward passes
  • But mostly on us having almost zero fit midfielders
  • The thought of putting Sarr up front is giving me flashbacks to Eddie Youds v Wimbledon at Selhurst in the late 90s. Wasn't that Boxing Day or New Years Day too?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we are in a spot of bother.
  • edited December 2019
    I think Phillips deserves a start. 

Kin hell he's 95! Still worth a shout I suppose based on the 'Carry On' defending of late 😏.

• 7 midfielders out injured!!!!

Indeed - 11 of the 13 are midfielders/forwards. Which explains why we are struggling going forward but not quite, with just one defender and a reserve keeper missing, why we are leaking so many goals.
  • edited December 2019

7 midfielders out injured!!!!
    Indeed - 11 of the 13 are midfielders/forwards. Which explains why we are struggling going forward but not quite, with just one defender and a reserve keeper missing, why we are leaking so many goals.
    We’ve got a league one defence, with little protection from midfield.
    This although defending doesn't end at midfield it starts up front with hold up play, closing down and tracking back plus without the likes of Williams and now Leko to run at the opposition, the defence don't get a breather.

Organisation is also a big concern for me, who is the leader back there pulling the strings? Someone should be calling the shots and this includes the keeper. The second goal last night was not dissimilar to the Hull last minute winner with players getting sucked towards the ball, pure primary school stuff from professional footballers whether League one standard or not 😡.
  •                    Phillips
           Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Matthews                   Doughty 
                       Oshilaja
             Pratley        Gallagher
                        Morgan 
                        Taylor 

Aside from playing kids or sticking Sarr up front I'm not sure what else we can do. 
  • Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Pearce Sarr Doughty
    Pratley
    Morgan Oshilaja
    Gallagher
    Taylor
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2019
    A bench of Maynard-Brewer, Solly, Purrington, Ledley, Dempsey, Vennings, Davison 
  • Phillips

Matthews Lockyer Sarr Pearce Doughty

Morgan

Pratley Oshilaja

Gallagher

Taylor

Subs; me and JJ.

Because we're losing the midfield battle and our defence are having to take on 4/5 attacking players at once because the midfield have been overrun. 
  • Love Chuks injury on that list.... Muscle... He just has too much damn muscle. 
  • Don’t worry - we can add Tomer Hemed to the squad when he gets back from the shops.
  • edited December 2019
    Injury by location & (type)
    An acute injury is sudden and severe such as a broken bone. A chronic injury develops and worsens over an extended period of time like shin splints. Acute injuries may lead to a chronic syndrome if untreated. 

Finger (Acute)
    Amos

Ankle (Acute)
    Cullen
    Oztumer

Knee (Acute)
    Field 
    Leko 

Groin (Chronic or Acute unclear)
    Kayal 

Hamstring (Chronic or Acute unclear)
    Bonne 
    *Forster-Caskey 
    *Lapslie 
    *Williams 
    *Page 

Other 
    *Aneke - Muscle Injuries, these have to be Chronic surely, I note he's been having 'muscle' injuries since 2016 
    *Hemed - Thigh, I have to assume this means Quad. Could have been a chronic issue building up over time given the length of lay off or an acute injury from being rushed into our training plan

* Additional info
    Those with a star beside their name picked up a second injury soon after returning or during their return from another injury. Concerns over flexibility of muscular tissue on their returns
  • edited December 2019
    Amos
    Lapslie | Field | Page 
    Kayal | Cullen
    Oztumer         |          Williams 
    Leko | Hemed | Bonne

Bench : JFC, Aneke
  • Dillon Phillips

Chris Solly - Tom Lockyer - Jason Pearce - Ben Purrington

Naby Sarr

Darren Pratley - Conor Gallagher - Johnnie Jackson 

Lee Bowyer 

Lyle Taylor

• Naby Sarr , a good footballer but he seems to make an error in defence to often at this higher level. Could he be converted into a midfield player and become similar to Fulham's Papa Bouba Diop ( The wardrobe as he was called ) ? This maybe a game to experiment