Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Decline in individual player shirt sponsorship

13»

Comments

• Hi All. On this I'm very happy to sort out special rates so Charlton Lifers could sponsor a few women's players. If you are interested please let me know and if you drop me a message and how much you would like to put towards it and we can see how many we can sponsor. Thank you for all support 
  • Curb_It said:
    T_C_E said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Sponsorship the womens team makes far more sense... Roland or no roland. 
    Why? I have no interest in the women's team, and judging by the season ticket price (£45??) neither do many others.
    Maybe because theres fuck all money in it and they are still Charlton. Why does a player on 7k a week need sponsoring for £400 ? 
    The money doesn't go to the player - it goes to the club ie Roland.
    Incorrect.

The women's team are completely independent from the men's team.  The money does not go towards Roland at all - it goes towards keeping the team afloat
    You accept your money for Lyle’s kit goes to Roland, though?
    That along with my family's season ticket money - yes.

My money my choice for my own reasons
    As I understand it, you would like the present owner to leave?
    Surely every charlton fan does...at the moment under Roland we’ve now got a rubbish manager, rubbish coaching and scouting system, rubbish players, we lose all the time, we haven’t won at the Valley in ages, the atmosphere home and away is rubbish, it’s been years since we had a glory day out at Wembley and the season ticket for the Covered End costs a fortune. It couldn’t be any worse. ...oh, hang on....
    You are a massive disappointment. 

Personally, I don’t really give a sh*t who owns Charlton as long as, like now, we have a decent manager, decent players and we are winning and I doubt anybody ever started supporting Charlton because it had a great owner. I won’t be sorry to see Roland go because of the fckup that we’ve endured but I’m not desperate to see just anybody take over like some on here.

• To be honest I’ve never understood this aspect of being a supporter. Maybe at lower league levels but when clubs are dealing in millions and players getting paid even in League One thousands of pounds per week there is still the effort to squeeze every last drop out of the fan. I understand that fans get to meet with the player and retain the shirt ? But I think the club perhaps ought to be randomly selecting junior fans for this anyway. 
  • Hi All. On this I'm very happy to sort out special rates so Charlton Lifers could sponsor a few women's players. If you are interested please let me know and if you drop me a message and how much you would like to put towards it and we can see how many we can sponsor. Thank you for all support 
    Start a new thread so it’s not lost in this one, will get more interest and it’s separate form the anti RD stuff. 

I’ll happily chuck in £20 as a start 
  • Swisdom said:
    T_C_E said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Why? I have no interest in the women's team, and judging by the season ticket price (£45??) neither do many others.
    Maybe because theres fuck all money in it and they are still Charlton. Why does a player on 7k a week need sponsoring for £400 ? 
    Incorrect.

The women's team are completely independent from the men's team.  The money does not go towards Roland at all - it goes towards keeping the team afloat

If there's someone out there who wants to invest in the club then yes.  My sponsoring a couple of shirts is unlikely to make much difference there.

But you've only got to look at Bury and Bolton right now to see that the grass isn't always greener.
    While we are not comparable to either club, what's your stance on the staff at our club not being paid due bonuses?
  • I know how you are all fascinated by this so here's an update.

Still no sponsorship from CL but Bowyer's three shirts have gone to Regular Cleaning Services and some firm called Whitecode Design have Taylor's away kit. Taylor's other two kits have also gone to corporate sponsors and JFC has a tatto company.  Williams has Mind in Bexley and another individual.  

Leuth's sponsorship of Pratley still not gone through as all three shirts left.
  • so when the takeover is done and dusted.....
  • Some haven't waited for the EFL paperwork and have gone in already.
  • T_C_E said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Incorrect.

Surely every charlton fan does...at the moment under Roland we’ve now got a rubbish manager, rubbish coaching and scouting system, rubbish players, we lose all the time, we haven’t won at the Valley in ages, the atmosphere home and away is rubbish, it’s been years since we had a glory day out at Wembley and the season ticket for the Covered End costs a fortune. It couldn’t be any worse. ...oh, hang on....
    Embarrassing.
  • Bromley Addicks now sponsor Bonne's home shirt.

• Sponsored links:

• Was it half price for half the season?
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Was it half price for half the season?

Yes
  • Ta,

Once we know the full details of what has actually been purchased by ESI I'd do a few shirts.

• i say half but reduced is more accurate
  • A discount is fine! But I'll hold my cheque book for a little longer until I have clarity.
  • I was going to say why you get a better deal?!  Reduced is better. 
  • Curb_It said:
    I was going to say why you get a better deal?!  Reduced is better. 
    Finders fee for introducing CL : - )

Sure we got the same price as you.

Stick me down for £10
  • Would love CL to start this up again - I'll be in
  • I'm in 
  • edited January 2020
    Probably shouldn’t pick Lyle Taylor !
  • Sponsored links:

• I know how you are all fascinated by this so here's an update.

Still no sponsorship from CL but Bowyer's three shirts have gone to Regular Cleaning Services and some firm called Whitecode Design have Taylor's away kit. Taylor's other two kits have also gone to corporate sponsors and JFC has a tatto company.  Williams has Mind in Bexley and another individual.  

I missed this before @Henry....looks like I might need to come up with an alternative player to sponsor for the second half of the season
  • Swisdom said:
    I know how you are all fascinated by this so here's an update.

I missed this before @Henry....looks like I might need to come up with an alternative player to sponsor for the second half of the season
    Demand the shirt anyway and give it to the museum @Swisdom
  • I'd happily be part of a Charlton Life shirt sponsorship too