Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adding files and videos

Mentioned it on the transfer thread.
Tried adding a video i'd taken on my phone but it says format not allowed when I tried to add it.
Tried changing the video from HD to standard but still no good. Any ideas?

Comments

• Don't think ever been able to add other from a file sharing site such as youtube.
  • Admin straight on it...as usual??

;-)
  • You still in Lidl @i_b_b_o_r_g. People are waiting.
  • You still in Lidl @i_b_b_o_r_g. People are waiting.
    c'mom, carly is trying to upload a bluey and i want to see it
  • You can't upload a video direct, you have to "host" it somewhere, like YouTube or Vimeo, Facebook or Twitter.
  • LoOkOuT said:
    You can't upload a video direct, you have to "host" it somewhere, like YouTube or Vimeo, Facebook or Twitter.
    That's me fucked then.
    I don't use any of them
  • LoOkOuT said:
    You can't upload a video direct, you have to "host" it somewhere, like YouTube or Vimeo, Facebook or Twitter.
     Ta
  • LoOkOuT said:
    That's me fucked then.
    I don't use any of them

Weirdo 

😉
  • LoOkOuT said:
    C'mon what does that mean. I've saved a video to Facebook, how do you get into Facebook to select a file when clicking "Choose File"?
  • How do you get a YouTube video on here? It used to be easy but not anymore 
  • Sponsored links:

• What’s YouTube?
    Yes, I have been having that problem for a while.
    The url used to embed nicely and the video would show when posted.
    Now, I enter the url but when I post all that shows is the link
    Yes, I have been having that problem for a while.
    The url used to embed nicely and the video would show when posted.
    Now, I enter the url but when I post all that shows is the link

Same here. Anyone care to explain how to do it the old way?
  • edited January 2020
    How do you get a YouTube video on here? It used to be easy but not anymore 

Ah ...... I'm reliably informed by the CL Secret Police that you have to be a badge wearing member of The Clique to upload videos. Sorry. :smile:

• copy the link to youtube then before pasting it on the comments box, click the button that looks like this 

</>

then just paste the link and post
  • edited January 2020
    copy the link to youtube then before pasting it on the comments box, click the button that looks like this 

</>

He’s right, but you need to come out of Mobile View into Full Site View (ie standard view for PC or iPad) to see that button option (I think).

If you are in mobile view scroll to the very bottom of your screen to see a link to Full Site view 
  • Sneaky 
  • copy the link to youtube then before pasting it on the comments box, click the button that looks like this 

</>

test

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B9xLihydvgM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • still doesn't work
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    That hasn't worked either. I'm not trying to just put the link up . I want the actual video to be imbedded in the post so you just have to click on it to play it. It used to be easy but since everything was messed about with last year ( Probably by the hosts) it doesn't work.