Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gent vs Anderlecht

I'm off on a stag do on Friday 7th Feb 2020 to Brussels and fancy taking in some football whilst I'm over there.

I've noticed Gent are playing Anderlecht at home on the Friday night and Gent-Sint-Pieters is under half an hour away on the train.

Anyone have any idea where would be best to sit to get the best experience? What are Anderlecht like away from home and would getting tickets be possible in that end or would the home end be any better?

Cheers.

Comments

• Not sure about the football, but Gent has some brilliant pubs. 
  • Gent is a gorgeous place.

No idea about the stadium but easy trip by train from Brussels.
  • Went to that fixture back in 2008. Decent ground with it's own away bar across the road behind the away end. 

Went with the Anderlecht supporters club on the coach and had a great time (the Jupiler was flowing). Won 3-2 (chap called Dominic Foley, ex-QPR, Wolves, Watford, scored for Gent). Met the Anderlecht players later that night back in Brussels and they seemed a good bunch. 

If you can get a ticket, go for it. 

• You won't get a ticket for a gent home game, the whole stadium is pretty much season ticket holders.
  • Belgian football used to be members only (not sure about it now though). 
  • Still still some seats available on Gent's official site.

https://tickets.tickethour.be/l0007ww/seatingPlan.html?idProduct=1262
  • I'm off on a stag do on Friday 7th Feb 2020 to Brussels and fancy taking in some football whilst I'm over there.

I've noticed Gent are playing Anderlecht at home on the Friday night and Gent-Sint-Pieters is under half an hour away on the train.

Anyone have any idea where would be best to sit to get the best experience? What are Anderlecht like away from home and would getting tickets be possible in that end or would the home end be any better?

Cheers.

If you don't get a ticket beforehand turn up on the day, I'm sure you'll find somebody with a spare.

Anderlecht will have loads there as well.
  • edited January 2020
    Email the Gent box office. They will sort you out. Sorted me out tickets in the Directors box when I emailed them three years ago.

Everyone speaks English there it would seem.

EDIT: Mind you I did tell them I was doing some research on the Jupiler league and the influence of specific owners ;-)