Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statbank: Charlton 0-0 Fulham

many thanks to the 81 Lifers who gave marks:

Comments

• Points above millwall... mmmm if only!
  • Points above millwall... mmmm if only!
    Whoops!
  • Josh Cullen won the MOM because he's Josh Cullen. I wonder if the mistakes he made had led too goal he would have still won MOM ?
    It called presence and seeing Cullen there helped his team mates and fans.
    If we could get Josh to sign I would vote him MOM at KO as well !

• Purrington getting a higher mark than Oztumer is criminal , even despite the dire corners 
  • You don't want to know who I marked our MOTM then

(I mean, it was always going to be a left-sided defender)
  • wmcf123 said:
    Purrington getting a higher mark than Oztumer is criminal , even despite the dire corners 
    Purrington was excellent, were you pissed ?
    I thought Oztumer had a decent game and will emulate his brilliant performance against Forest when he has Bonne, Taylor etc to bounce off.
  • I thought both were very good.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Purrington getting a higher mark than Oztumer is criminal , even despite the dire corners 
    Purrington was excellent, were you pissed ?
    I thought Oztumer had a decent game and will emulate his brilliant performance against Forest when he has Bonne, Taylor etc to bounce off.
    Excellent for him maybe 
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/wait-for-lee-bowyer-to-pen-charlton-contract-is-over-now-its-over-to-esi-to-bring-in-the-reinforcements-needed-before-transfer-window-deadline/

Interesting to get a more neutral set of numbers, Cawley only giving Cullen and Doughty a 6!

Charlton (4-2-3-1): Phillips 7, Matthews 7, Lockyer 7, Pearce 7, Purrington 7, Cullen 6, Morgan 6 (Williams 63, 5), Pratley 7, Oztumer 6 (Green 82), Doughty 6, Hemed 5 (Taylor 70, 5). Not used: Maynard-Brewer, Oshilaja, Sarr, Dempsey.
  • Sponsored links:

• And he gave Taylor a 5 for his 20min cameo... shocking. 
  • edited January 2020
    And he gave Taylor a 5 for his 20min cameo... shocking. 
    Richard Cawley is a Fulham fan. His job is to report the match on Charlton.
    At KO I predicted that if Cullen played 45 minutes or more he would be Voted MOM.

Josh Cullen received the highest mark by CL members for his presence on the field, and how it inspired all around him. By Josh's standard, being his first game back he wasn't as sharp on the ball at times But his influence was tremendous and the shape of our defence was so much better with his protection despite a couple of mistakes which if Mitrović, kamara, or Knockaert were playing, we would surely have been punished. ( Same for mistakes by Pearce and Lockyer)

Take the back story out of it, then I can understand Cawley's marks, but the team play and defensive shape is so much better with JC in our side and the relief of seeing him in a red shirt was palpable. 

Taylor's low mark was strange as it was a good cameo which could have been even better if Alfie Doughty's final ball had been better.

I thought Purrington was excellent, but again some folk will never give him more than a 6 unless he scores a goal !