Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oguchi Onyewu - one of our own

All this talk of Pogba (F) reminded me of our last defender with MLS connections. American born, went on to play for Philadelphia Union. 

Yes, I spent a while Googling to get his name right. Thanks, Roland.

Comments

• Oh you mean the former Millan, Newcastle and sporting, 3 time concacaf gold Cup winner, who made 3 appearances because we had 2 European Cup winners ahead of him?

Sorry, what was the point of your post because I seem to have missed it :neutral:
  • Totally one of our own
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Oh you mean the former Millan, Newcastle and sporting, 3 time concacaf gold Cup winner, who made 3 appearances because we had 2 European Cup winners ahead of him?

Sorry, what was the point of your post because I seem to have missed it :neutral:
    Unnecessarily "snipey" aren't you.
  • Does no one remember Corey Gibbs?!?!?!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Oh you mean the former Millan, Newcastle and sporting, 3 time concacaf gold Cup winner, who made 3 appearances because we had 2 European Cup winners ahead of him?

He had some decent years, but always had a massive mistake in him, and injury problems. It was an okay signing at the time, by no means the worst. 
  • I don't even remember him!
  • I don't even remember him!
    Wayhey! Someone gets the point of this thread. Thank you.
  • edited January 2020

USMNT defender Oguchi Onyewu speaks after Charlton debut at Leeds - Charlton Athletic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2j1SywQVXI