Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tunnel Jump

Anyone remember when this started?

Thinking about it this morning, and I can’t remember when it got going and how or who started it. 

Comments

• Popularised by Powell, think it was started by Kinsella though. 

Who did it yesterday? 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Kins ?
    That was my initial thought. But can’t recall when the Covered End started making a noise to prompt it. 
  • Green and Taylor
  • Can we capture the jumps in this thread, for those of us who can't go to The Valley...

There have been some good ones over the years.

• LenGlover said:
    Green and Taylor
    Cool, like Green, hoping we can sign him on a perm
  • I always thought it was Chris Powell after the FA Cup win at Coventry at the old Highfield Road ground in 2000
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe we need a hall of fame? Certainly Powell (even when he was playing for Watford, which was odd!) Elliot, Holland used the do it. Holland also used to applaud the crowd irrespective of the result. Wish more players did that.
  • It’s a Chris Powell creation. A great tradition that will be going for many, many years.
  • Very much kept alive by Rob Elliott , once Powell left! 

Did Jackson do it for a while too? 
  • cafctom said:
    It’s a Chris Powell creation. A great tradition that will be going for many, many years.
    Would make sense, then the Covered End added to it by making the preparatory ‘noise’. 
  • Thought it was started by Powell. No recollection of Kinsella doing it.