Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bands/Musicians/Singers you dislike for no good reason other than.....

My own, often ridiculous, prejudice/bias.

Two bands and a singer automatically spring to mind because of the lead singer/front man.

Firstly U2, who in the early days I liked but as soon as Bonio(Bono) started crawling up his own egocentric backside, coupled with the guitarist choosing go by the pretentious  ‘The Edge’🙀I stopped listening to.

Coldplay, I’ve heard next to nothing of their music, other than the odd snippets which I’ve quite liked but because I sensed a bandwagon of dislike towards Chris Martin, I decided to jump on for no good reason at all!

Finally, for the moment, String (Sting) who I really liked when in the Police but since he went solo, I have probably heard next to nothing of his music but since he seemed to be heading in the same direction as Bonio, or perhaps because the Police disbanded or all that Tantric stuff, my own prejudice ran riot!

Comments

• Bono/U2 - for some of the stupid ecomaniac stuff and the whole here's our album which has been forced into your phone crap

Adele - just find her incredibly irritating and unlikeable

Jessie J - shit songs and a punchable face

Billie Eilish - manager is obsessed with her and I don't like my manager, therefore I bloody hate Billie Eilish
  • sam3110 said:
    Bono/U2 - for some of the stupid ecomaniac stuff and the whole here's our album which has been forced into your phone crap

Adele - just find her incredibly irritating and unlikeable

Jessie J - shit songs and a punchable face

Billie Eilish - manager is obsessed with her and I don't like my manager, therefore I bloody hate Billie Eilish
    😹 That made me laugh, still chuckling while posting.
  • I'm with you Sillav, liked Boy & War, never liked Coldplay or the Police.
  • edited February 2020
    Phil Collins  - utterly pointless
    Bono            - up his own arse
    Sting            - ???
    Bob Geldof - useless music
  • iaitch said:
    Robbie Williams, end of thread.
    Yet, when ‘Let Me Entertain You’ was played at the end of the 1998 Play Off Final, I really liked it and thought it very appropriate for such a great game.
  • Was just going to put

Phil Collins and Robbie Williams , can't stand either of them.

• Completely agree about U2/bono 
    Beatles-Have never understood the hysteria about them and then the more people go on about how brilliant they are the more I dislike them
    Michael Jackson-kiddie fiddler and should be treated the same as Gary Glitters music I have to turn off or over whenever his music comes on
    Cliff Richard-Just can’t stand the bloke
    Oasis-Both brothers complete dickheads
  • Bob Geldof......simply hugely overrated, his charity work not withstanding.
    The Monkeys....fabricated American rubbish, shamelessly created to ride into town off the back of The Beatles.
  • Madonna. Just never understood the adoration she's received over the years.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think my biggest problem with Radiohead is the guitarist's face and hair
  • McBobbin said:
    I think my biggest problem with Radiohead is the guitarist's face and hair
    Same for me with Queen and Brian May, ridiculous hairstyle but is that any reason to dislike, for me the all round empathic guy, YES!
  • Beyonce - boring, unoriginal and up herself.
  • Wilma said:
    Beyonce - boring, unoriginal and up herself.
    Ha, I’m not sure I even know what she looks like or heard her music but as soon as I see or hear her name, the hairs go up on my spine!
  • I always had an irrrational hatred of Johnny Borrell from Razorlight.  A friend persuaded me to go see them for their comeback show last year and I was actually quite impressed, maybe I was wrong, maybe he was alright after all.  We went to see them again the other week and he invited Extinction Rebellion on stage for the encore and really ruined the mood, so he is now firmly back in the Unspeakable Twat Box, proving that my initial baseless loathing was, in fact, correct!
  • Mick Hucknall
  • edited February 2020
    Mick Hucknall
    Makes great music and is without doubt a fine vocalist.
    His character and demeanour may be a bit questionable.......but as a performer I think he’s excellent.
    Are you allowing your dislike of him as a person to cloud his ability as a performer, they are of course two very different things?
  • Sponsored links:

• Micky Bubbles - karaoke singer!

• Stormzy. 
  • Mick Hucknall
    His character and demeanour may be a bit questionable.......but as a performer I think he’s excellent.
    Are you allowing your dislike of him as a person to cloud his ability as a performer, they are of course two very different things?
    Absolutely and spot on. I don't doubt that he has a great voice but, in order to like someone, I have to warm to them as a person which I really can't. It actually hurts that he can sing so well!
  • Mick Hucknall
    Absolutely and spot on. I don't doubt that he has a great voice but, in order to like someone, I have to warm to them as a person which I really can't. It actually hurts that he can sing so well!
    Spot on and very honest of you too....I went to see Simply Red at The Albert Hall years back.....they were superb.
    I am of course well aware that he as a person isn’t universally popular.
  • Always found this a bit creepy ...

• Drill and all that goes with it.
  • Always found this a bit creepy ...

Nowt wrong with Angus!