Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IFA-Recommendations

I'm trying to transfer a defined benefit pension into a private pension scheme. Because of the sum involved, I must get financial advice from an idependant financial advisor. Have looked on "vouched for" etc, but would prefer personal recommendations if possible. Anyone got any recommendations of an IFA who can advise on pension transfer, general investment strategy/retirement/tax issues etc etc. Would prefer somone based no more than 10 miles from Larkfield (ME20) area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• @golfaddick might know someone...
  • I was pointed towards mypensionexpert.com and was very happy with the results. You get their recommendations checked out by an independent financial advisor before you commit your savings. Check other sites too.
  • Crusty54 said:
    I was pointed towards mypensionexpert.com and was very happy with the results. You get their recommendations checked out by an independent financial advisor before you commit your savings. Check other sites too.

I would agree with this.

Also if you do go directly to an IFAS make sure they are FCA Accredited by using the FCA website to check. You would not believe the amount of sharks out there that are posing as IFA's. Also even if they are legit but not Accredited that could but a stop to the transfer. I am assuming you have already checked with the holding scheme that they will allow a transfer and not all do. Also if you have GMP (Ask the DB Scheme to clarify) make sure the private scheme will accept this as some don't.

• Thought that said IRA recommendations, shame really as I was really looking forward to that thread.
    Me an all. Was gonna suggest the SAS and double tap method
  • Crusty54 said:
    I was pointed towards mypensionexpert.com and was very happy with the results. You get their recommendations checked out by an independent financial advisor before you commit your savings. Check other sites too.

I would agree with this.

Also if you do go directly to an IFAS make sure they are FCA Accredited by using the FCA website to check. You would not believe the amount of sharks out there that are posing as IFA's. Also even if they are legit but not Accredited that could but a stop to the transfer. I am assuming you have already checked with the holding scheme that they will allow a transfer and not all do. Also if you have GMP (Ask the DB Scheme to clarify) make sure the private scheme will accept this as some don't.

Cheers twiggy, crusty. Will check mypensionexper.com. Yep transfer allowed, Private pension scheme willing to accept. Taking F'ing ages though. Think an IFA will probably advise me not to, but that's a whole different story :)
  • Feel feed to PM me.

I live less than 20 miles from Larkfield, but would generally see you in your own home at a time to suit.

• edited February 2020

Going to close these for now.

No slight on anyone as its clear that individuals are not using the site to tout for business, there's getting a few repetitive topics that are being pushed individuals way.

We don't currrently allow others to advertise their services, goods or properties on here (for a few different reasons) so we need to go away and think of a fair way to deal with this stuff.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!