Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Huddersfield away [29/2/20] Advance train tickets

edited December 2019 in Match Day Travel
The usual route Between Kings Cross & Huddersfield via Leeds is closed due to engineering works meaning that there are no LNER trains running to/from Kings Cross.
An alternative route is Euston To Huddersfield via Manchester Piccadilly,it means buying Advance Singles between Euston/ManchesterPicc £25.00 [£16.50] & then a day return between Manchester Picc/Huddersfield £15.50 [£10.25].
There are plenty of trains of trains between Euston/Manchester Picc ,journey time 2 hours 10 minutes approx & between Manchester Picc/Huddersfield,journey time 30-45 minutes.The ground is about a 10-15 minute walk from the stadium.
Railcard fares in brackets.
SKY are due to announce announce live tv games on or before 3/1/20
Rail tickets can now be booked on https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/

Comments

• Cor, a match on Leap Year Day.

You can't get to one of those every year. :smile:

• one for the stats people .. when did we last play on a leap year day ?
  • Pub Watch.

The Head of Steam, and The Kings Head are both in the station.  Anybody that likes their ales then these are the places to go.

Walking past the Harold Wilson statue and going towards the ground there is a cracking old skool pub called The Vulcan, this is only around 5 minutes walk from the ground.
  • Fair play to anyone attending this the ground I’ve visited the most outside m25
  • edited January 2020
    The game has not been selected by SKY for live coverage.
    The train fares are unchanged for departures from Euston up to & including the 08.40.
    Trains departing Euston 09.00 & after fares are £26.00 [£17.15]
    Return fares from Manchester Piccadilly are unchanged.
  • clive said:
    The usual route Between Kings Cross & Huddersfield via Leeds is closed due to engineering works meaning that there are no LNER trains running to/from Kings Cross.
    An alternative route is Euston To Huddersfield via Manchester Piccadilly,it means buying Advance Singles between Euston/ManchesterPicc £25.00 [£16.50] & then a day return between Manchester Picc/Huddersfield £15.50 [£10.25].
    There are plenty of trains of trains between Euston/Manchester Picc ,journey time 2 hours 10 minutes approx & between Manchester Picc/Huddersfield,journey time 30-45 minutes.The ground is about a 10-15 minute walk from the stadium.
    SKY are due to announce announce live tv games on or before 3/1/20
    Rail tickets can now be booked on https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/
    Interesting idea
  • clive said:
    The train fares are unchanged for departures from Euston up to & including the 08.40.

What time is kick-off now?
  • clive said:

where have you seen this? cant see anywhere
  • CAFCsayer said:
    clive said:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86128/more-live-sky-tv-matches-announced#latest
  • Sponsored links:

• Quick heads up but if you pre book with trans pennine on the second leg of the journey it’s Cheaper  to get a return to Leeds which is further than Huddersfield. Scunthorpe away a few years back was the same ! 
    I'm sad enough to recall being at Oakwell for a 1 0 loss on Feb 29th 1992. Whether we've played on any of the following leap year days I've no idea but that one is lodged in my mind. I wish it wasn't and I could replace it with a useful fact in its stead. 
    I'm sad enough to recall being at Oakwell for a 1 0 loss on Feb 29th 1992. Whether we've played on any of the following leap year days I've no idea but that one is lodged in my mind. I wish it wasn't and I could replace it with a useful fact in its stead. 
    How much was the train fare?
    How much was the train fare?
    Seeing as you asked I dug out my long forgotten (you'll have to trust me on this) stash of train tickets. Lo and behold I found it. Only problem is it doesn't show the price.
  • I went again in 1993 though...So the answer is about 19 quid. 
  • edited January 2020
    Was boots the chemist not doing the train offer bogof

• clive said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    clive said:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86128/more-live-sky-tv-matches-announced#latest
    Am I missing something? Don't see Huddersfield on there and still showing online as 3pm kickoff
  • CAFCsayer said:
    clive said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    clive said:

Am I missing something? Don't see Huddersfield on there and still showing online as 3pm kickoff
    Yes,the first sentence says 'The game has not been selected by SKY for live coverage.

So the kick-off should be 15.00 on the 29th Feb.
  • clive said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    clive said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    clive said:

Yes,the first sentence says 'The game has not been selected by SKY for live coverage.

So the kick-off should be 15.00 on the 29th Feb.

Oops, read it as "this game has been selected"

Cheers
  • Thinking of getting tickets for this one.

Just had a quick look at train tickets and an open return is £119! Is there any way I can bring this down a bit? Even looking at booking specific trains it seems its £55 a go.

I don't have a railcard.

• Sponsored links:

Just had a quick look at train tickets and an open return is £119! Is there any way I can bring this down a bit? Even looking at booking specific trains it seems its £55 a go.

I don't have a railcard.

We're heading up via Manchester, not sure what the advance fares are now between Euston and Manchester. Then a day return Manchester to Huddersfield is £15.

I don't have a railcard.

Cost us £45 with a railcard via Manchester 
  • Always worth trying https://splitticketing.trainsplit.com !

Even if you don't actually split your journey, they search for cheaper or faster options and routes to your destination.

Going to Manchester, you could buy advance tickets.

Euston - Milton Keynes
    Milton Keynes - Stoke
    Stoke - Manchester.

Once you choose the option you want they do it for you so you don't actually have to buy the tickets separately!

The system is crazy but sometimes its reassuring to live in a country run by people (and now a person) who are bonkers!
  • Always worth trying https://splitticketing.trainsplit.com !

Even if you don't actually split your journey, they search for cheaper or faster options and routes to your destination.

Going to Manchester, you could buy advance tickets.

Euston - Milton Keynes
    Milton Keynes - Stoke
    Stoke - Manchester.

Once you choose the option you want they do it for you so you don't actually have to buy the tickets separately!

The system is crazy but sometimes its reassuring to live in a country run by people (and now a person) who are bonkers!

Wow, managed to get it for £65 with no railcard. Very happy with that.

Thanks mate.