Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johnnie Jackson has signed a new contract

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm that Johnnie Jackson has signed a new contract as the club’s Assistant Manager. 

Jackson first joined the club as a player on loan on February 18th 2010 and has become a club legend playing 279 games and scoring 55 goals. 

He joined the coaching staff in 2017 and became Caretaker Assistant Manager to Lee Bowyer in March 2018.

The pair guided Charlton to promotion to the Sky Bet Championship last season and Jackson has penned a new deal which will keep him at the club until the summer of 2023.

He said: “I’ve probably said it a million times but Charlton has been a massive part of my life and I hope it continues to be that way for many years to come. It’s been great for me personally, I have a massive love for the club. I’ve been here 10 years now, I feel like part of the furniture and I didn’t want that to end, so to get my future for the next few years secure and signed on is great. 

“Hopefully we’re going to build on what we did last year. I think we put the building blocks in place then and now we want to try and continue that on this year, obviously by staying in the division and building from there.”

Executive Chairman Matt Southall said: “We’re delighted Johnnie has signed a new contract. He’s absolutely integral to the club going forward and the work he and Lee have done together is the reason behind so much of the club’s success.”

Comments