Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Gregg RIP

The former Manchester United keeper and survivor of the Munich air crash has died aged 87.

Comments

• RIP - Does that just leave Bobby as the sole survivor?
  • Believe so.

Gregg rescued Bobby and others from the wreckage.
  • RIP. A real hero.
  • RIP Harry.

Very brave man Harry.

• RIP to a football great. 
  • He never thought of himself as a hero but at least three people owe their life to him.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Sponsored links:

• Showed real bravery at Munich. RIP
  • Humble and brave.
    RIP.......Harry.......RIP.
  • RIP Harry Gregg. A great goalkeeper and a great man.
  • Proper legend, great player and very modest hero.
  • RIP Harry

A brave man and a talented goalkeeper.
  • RIP. Genuine hero, at his peak best goalkeeper in the UK.
  • Harry Gregg is a legend and a reluctant hero.
    Not only helping to get Bobby Charlton, Denis Violet and others clear of the burning wreck of the plane but also a Serbian pregnant Mother, and her toddler out of the carnage.

Unbelievably Harry and Bill Foulkes played  two weeks later alongside youth and guest players 

Harry had more tragedy to deal will just 3 years later when his young wife died of Cancer. A top goalkeeper who's own life transcended Football.

RIP Harry Gregg:  you were a true Legend and a Hero.

I believe that Serbian woman was the mother of John Lukic (born a couple of years later).

Very talented goalkeeper, a fine human being by all accounts, and on that day a true hero.

Thoughts with his family and friends, and a special mention for Bobby Charlton who must be full of very deep emotions at the news.

RIP Harry.
  • bobmunro said:
    Harry Gregg is a legend and a reluctant hero.
    Not only helping to get Bobby Charlton, Denis Violet and others clear of the burning wreck of the plane but also a Serbian pregnant Mother, and her toddler out of the carnage.

Unbelievably Harry and Bill Foulkes played  two weeks later alongside youth and guest players 

Harry had more tragedy to deal will just 3 years later when his young wife died of Cancer. A top goalkeeper who's own life transcended Football.

RIP Harry Gregg:  you were a true Legend and a Hero.

I believe that Serbian woman was the mother of John Lukic (born a couple of years later).

Very talented goalkeeper, a fine human being by all accounts, and on that day a true hero.

Thoughts with his family and friends, and a special mention for Bobby Charlton who must be full of very deep emotions at the news.

RIP Harry.
    Urban myth, unfortunatly
  • Sponsored links:

• Henry is correct.
    The mother was the wife of a Serbian Diplomat and their surname was Lukic.
    John Lukic was born 11/12/60 nearly two years after so wasn't the toddler or the unborn baby.
  • Henry is correct.
    The mother was the wife of a Serbian Diplomat and their surname was Lukic.
    John Lukic was born 11/12/60 nearly two years after so wasn't the toddler or the unborn baby.
    I knew he wasn't the toddler or the unborn - the dates don't tally. But I believed the urban myth (until now!)
  • maybe because they are both keepers but Dillon Philips reminds me at little of Harry Gregg in looks. 

NB not comparing them as players 
  • RIP Harry.
  • RIP..genuinely a hero 
  • A brave man who lived through tragedy and went on to live to a good age .. R I P
  • RIP Harry, top keeper. Unfortunately Duncan Edwards, who my father said was a fantastic player at only 21 years old, never survived the Munich air tragedy.
  • Thankfully getting decent coverage re his life on the radio. A true legend of the game.