Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MLS 2020

Obviously the 2019 season has just finished but there has already been a big managerial change for next seasom so thought I would start the thread now

Comments

• Thierry Henry has been named Montreal Impact manager
  • Nashville's inaugural MLS which claims to be gold looks yellow to me

• edited February 2020
    Season starts tomorrow.

Really looking forward to this, other than English leagues, MLS is my favourite league.

Will be interesting to see how the 2 new teams, Nashville and Inter Miami get on plus of course Montreal now managed by Henry after his failed stint at Monaco.

First game is at 18:00 tomorrow from DC were a now Wayne Rooneyless DC United take on Colorado Rapids

I however wont be watching much unfortunately unless talktalk or nowtv quickly comeup with an offer for skysports lol at full price its far to expensive was hoping that i could jump on a deal just in time for this to begin.

Sometimes talktalk offer skysports half price for 6 months and I recently saw nowtv offer skysports for £19.99 for 6 months so hoping something like that comes up soon haha otherwise its trying to find streams all the time and only watch on my phone instead of on my ps4 or tv lol
  • First game over and after a dull first half it got exciting, DC United took the lead before the Rapids levelled and won it in Injury time.

Not a bad opener to MLS 2020 

Thierry Henry's first MLS game has just got underway Rod Fanni as one of his 3 centre backs
  • Do you like talking to yourself?
  • edited February 2020
    Do you like talking to yourself?
    I am sure someone else on here, at least one other person likes the MLS as well and follows it and will join in sooner or later
  • Lol I'll join ya Paulie. Nashville playing their first match tonight against a tough opponent in Atlanta. 2-1 ATL at half. 2nd goal a bit controversial, ATL player offside when he got the ball, but it had been played off a defender thus negating the offside. The lino put her flag up so Nashville stopped playing and ATL scored. 

All the footie noobs on twitter are furious because they dont know that offside rule
  • edited March 2020
    Rossman92 said:
    Lol I'll join ya Paulie. Nashville playing their first match tonight against a tough opponent in Atlanta. 2-1 ATL at half. 2nd goal a bit controversial, ATL player offside when he got the ball, but it had been played off a defender thus negating the offside. The lino put her flag up so Nashville stopped playing and ATL scored. 

All the footie noobs on twitter are furious because they dont know that offside rule
    Who is your MLS team

I used to lightly follow New York Red Bulls
    mainly because of BWP, Sam and Bover but when Atlanta joined I really started to follow them and have since always been a five stripes fan.

Hoping that injury to Martinez isn't as serious as it looked
  • I try watching it, but it’s so wildly inconsistent I have a hard time paying attention. Plus if you follow a team, there’s absolutely zero regularity on what day/time the games will be on. 
  • Was watching the Atlanta game on FreeSports before the boxing started last night. Couldn’t believe Nashville didn’t get something from the game, last 20/25 minutes were played pretty much exclusively in their attacking half. They just couldn’t muster anything clear cut.

Then boxing took over but I was flicking between bouts catching bits of the Sporting Kansas game. Pulido seemed to be running things for Sporting KC but hard to really know how good he/they were for sure as I was only watching bits. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Did anyone else notice them all on FF yesterday referring to it as ‘The MLS’? Even Becks said it. I know it’s strange and unnatural to say the name of a league without a determiner in front of it but it still surprised me.
  • Rossman92 said:
    Lol I'll join ya Paulie. Nashville playing their first match tonight against a tough opponent in Atlanta. 2-1 ATL at half. 2nd goal a bit controversial, ATL player offside when he got the ball, but it had been played off a defender thus negating the offside. The lino put her flag up so Nashville stopped playing and ATL scored. 

Who is your MLS team

I used to lightly follow New York Red Bulls
    mainly because of BWP, Sam and Bover but when Atlanta joined I really started to follow them and have since always been a five stripes fan.

Hoping that injury to Martinez isn't as serious as it looked
    Been trying for years to find a team with a good connection with a team and its fans but I've never been able too. Chicago fans are incredibly boring and flaky, Minnesota fans act like they're God's gift to football and are too hipster for me. Those are my two closest teams 

Nashville's fans were impressive last night and the club incorporated a lot of music and nashville pride into the game last night, was super impressed. Gonna be rooting for Nashville from now on I think
  • Nashville is a fantastic city, but for some reason 'Nashville SC' doesn't sit right with me.
  • I prefer SC to FC when it's an American club. The country calls it soccer, be proud of it. Don't try to crowbar the FC into your name to copy European teams.

Nashville did it right.
  • I prefer SC to FC when it's an American club. The country calls it soccer, be proud of it. Don't try to crowbar the FC into your name to copy European teams.

Nashville did it right.
    100% agree. Real Salt Lake are the worst offenders in my mind. Haven't a clue what Real means I'm sure
  • Josef Martinez has torn his ACL
    I knew it looked bad

https://www.atlutd.com/post/2020/03/01/josef-martinez-suffers-torn-acl-right-knee

Crap that us F***ed, first game and Martinez is gone, need to bring in a replacement and quick
  • Heard that there’s a Montserrat international striker available in a couple of months...
  • Heard that there’s a Montserrat international striker available in a couple of months...
    Can he be made available now, I mean the club he is at they dont actually need him do they so just offload him now  ;)
  • Josef Martinez has torn his ACL
    I knew it looked bad

https://www.atlutd.com/post/2020/03/01/josef-martinez-suffers-torn-acl-right-knee

Crap that us F***ed, first game and Martinez is gone, need to bring in a replacement and quick

Daniel Sturridge has just had his contract terminated, maybe he could go there?

Apparently he can only go to a club whos transfer window is still open, so it could work. Probably a good time in his career for him to move over to MLS. 

• edited March 2020
    Considering it was their first game in the league last night, I thought Inter Miami gave a good account of themselves playing one of the best teams in the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Atlanta succeed where Charlton fail and I finally have a goal to celebrate today
  • edited March 2020
    JJ Williams has been signed by Atlanta to replace the injured Josef Martinez.

Not exactly the replacement I was hoping for lol, need a more proven goalscorer to come in to replace Martinez IMO and there are a few out there available, lots of pressure will be on Adam Jahn, Ezequiel Barco and Pity Martinez to deliver goals now

Still hoping Williams is not the direct replacement and Darren Eales has someone else up his sleeve
  • So FC Cincinnati revealed their new coach today who is Jaap Stam

However the picture they used isnt Jaap Stam

• FC Cincinnati have fixed their mistake

• Went to the first ever MLS game in NY when I was living there in 96. The team was called the Metrostars at that point. When I moved to Chicago I watched the Fire and they played at Soldier Field. Think there were about 1,000 fans in a 80 odd thousand seater stadium for most games. Stoichkov was playing for them and was more overweight than JFH but he absolutely tore the other teams apart, so skillful.

Been to a couple of games while on holiday, Red Bulls where BWP was playing and scored twice and then Seattle Sounders which had a huge crowd and Clint Dempsey scored the only goal of the game. I quite like the MLS, defending is generally pretty poor so makes for some high scoring games which is good when you don't have a vested interest.
  • MLS returns on Thursday a bit different to normal obviously.

Its now a month tournament well slightly over the final is August 8th and all matches are being played at the ESPN Wide World of Sport Complex in Walt Disney World

Starts if with a group stage then moves on to a knockout situation after
  • Jesus its gone wrong for Nashville.

Their first game against Chicago has been postponed, they have had 4 positive covid tests on players and 5 inclusive tests and those players need to be tested again

I don't see how Nashville can play in this event now  there next game is in a weeks time, that as well will surely been postponed as well so they will be 2 games behind in an month long event.

Tought for them their first year in the MLS interupted by COVID now the MLS is back tournament interupted by COVID for them
  • Odds are they will have to withdraw, and its looking like the same story for FC Dallas. Not a great sign for American sport in general but I'm looking forward to the first match tonight!
  • Rossman92 said:
    Odds are they will have to withdraw, and its looking like the same story for FC Dallas. Not a great sign for American sport in general but I'm looking forward to the first match tonight!
    Me 2.

Outside of England the MLS is my favourite league, obviously the times mean a few early mornings for ne but its worth it haha.

Looking forward to the opening match 1am tomorrow over here