Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Posted without comment - Excel tradeshow last Tuesday

Comments

• I worked across the dock from  Excel for 20 odd years, looks like I got out just in time. Horrifying!
  • Fuckin state of that glasswear
  • Yeah, but can you have sex on the centre spot though?
  • Bestspoke party planning for once in a life time memories"

"Entrance by the Sainsburys loading bay"
  • I wouldn't hold an event there until I saw an up to date Fire Risk Assessment.
  • Yeah, but can you have sex on the centre spot though?
    Goin by how that bloke with the beard is looking at that doris, I don't think she'd have a lot of choice mate
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2020
    It would be hard to find a bigger shithole. I assume the rates for their “event space” reflect that. It is indeed iconic - iconic for Dennis in the last minute. Nigelistic twats.
  • It would be hard to find a bigger shithole. I assume the rates for their “event space” reflect that. It is indeed iconic - iconic for Dennis in the last minute. Nigelistic twats.
    What a great word  :)
  • 20 minutes? I don't believe it and nor does my friend Mr Google who reckons at quickest its 41 mins by train (and you'd have to time it perfectly) or 44 mins by car.
  • "Backdrops like no other", not frightened to tell the truth are they?

Yeah, the Crystal Palace transmitter reminds me of the Eiffel Tower
  • There was a Smallwall one there as well but to be fair to them, it was much humbler and from what I read as I passed it, largely based on facts. 
    Palace and Marketing, not sure there are two things I despise more?
  • Wonder if they do tours of the Trophy room.
  • Well i'm sold.  The Nookie Bear tribute act is enough of a pull anyway, regardless how beautiful the 1980's Sainsburys is...
  • They're so desperate to be South London.
  • Whilst I am not defending Palace some of the comments above are way off the mark, after all is our "back Drop" any better looking out the West Stand windows? Our view is looking over a shabby car park and the backs of poorly looked after/maintained terraced houses. And the entrance to the West Stand car park is about as dismal as it gets, especially on a wet, dull day.

I doubt there are very few football clubs that can boast a decent back drop when looking out the windows.    
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if they do tours of the Trophy room.
    I'm told that Carpetright have done a deal on a new red 'n blue floor covering- which is nice.
  • Whilst I am not defending Palace some of the comments above are way off the mark, after all is our "back Drop" any better looking out the West Stand windows? Our view is looking over a shabby car park and the backs of poorly looked after/maintained terraced houses. And the entrance to the West Stand car park is about as dismal as it gets, especially on a wet, dull day.

I doubt there are very few football clubs that can boast a decent back drop when looking out the windows.    
    1) We weren't advertising big time at the Excel tradeshow
    2) They are attempting to polish a turd
    3) The West Stand conference facilities are far better than their fire hazard of a main stand
    4) PP still not granted for its replacement
    5) 20 minutes by train? Then a further 20 minute walk to get to that shithole. 
  • Addickted said:
    Whilst I am not defending Palace some of the comments above are way off the mark, after all is our "back Drop" any better looking out the West Stand windows? Our view is looking over a shabby car park and the backs of poorly looked after/maintained terraced houses. And the entrance to the West Stand car park is about as dismal as it gets, especially on a wet, dull day.

3) The West Stand conference facilities are far better than their fire hazard of a main stand
    All valid points but most of the comments referred to the "Back Drop" which is what I addressed.
  • Addickted said:
    Whilst I am not defending Palace some of the comments above are way off the mark, after all is our "back Drop" any better looking out the West Stand windows? Our view is looking over a shabby car park and the backs of poorly looked after/maintained terraced houses. And the entrance to the West Stand car park is about as dismal as it gets, especially on a wet, dull day.

All valid points but most of the comments referred to the "Back Drop" which is what I addressed.
    The backdrop that the dopey Nigel’s are clearly over-marketing....

but we haven't claimed we have one....
  • "Once in a lifetime memories?" It's an exhibition at best and more likely a crappy work event. Lifetime memories my arse.